Popular on eTradeWire News
- Rumors circulating of Cyclacel Pharmaceuticals Inc considering AstraZeneca (AZN) bid 426
- New Artists Acquisition for Mack Drama & 1017 Brick Squad Mafia Records 286
- Netflix "Fastest Car" Series Taps Supercar Owner Bryan L. Salamone 271
- Anti-Parasite Formula ParasiFort Removes Parasites In Humans 190
- EmpowHer Institute Partners With B-STEM Project 154
- Local high school string quartet to join touring Beatles vs. Stones show on Charlotte stage 151
- Gucci Mane receives the 2018 Swisher Spark Award in LA 147
- Advanced Core Concepts Announces Partnership with Keystone Synergistic Enterprises 146
- Atlanta Filmmaker Sinatra 'Osm' Onyewuchi Shoots Award-Winning Faith-Based, Short Film for $240.00 132
- 68% Of Data Breaches Take Months Or Longer To Discover 117
Similar on eTradeWire News
- Girl Scouts of Gateway Council Announces Women Who Make a Difference 2018
- Statement from Leading Horse Charity on UK Welfare Crisis
- Redeeming Love's Annual Spring Gala
- Sweet Dreamzzz Announces New Board President
- Reconnect Rochester Releases Report on Transportation and Poverty in Monroe County
- The Ponty Chadha Foundation - One of the Best Social Service Organization in India
- Civil Air Patrol Assists City of Danbury With Water Distribution
- Joshua's Heart of Boca Raton Served 101 of Delray Beach's Under-served for Global Youth Service Day
- Les Enfants d'Abord Launches Campaign to End Violence Against Children in Senegal, Africa
- Valerie's House Announces Opioid Grief Support Group for Children
Future Saturday POW! deliveries will be on February 17th, March 17th and April 21st. Please visit www.MOWTampa.org or call (813) 238-8410 to sign up to deliver a Produce On Wheels route, see more dates, or explore other ways to help the mission of Meals On Wheels of Tampa. Families, children and even dogs are encouraged to deliver together!
Each month's free bag of produce typically includes: oranges, lemons, romaine lettuce, carrots and salad dressing.
In response to this program, Meals On Wheels of Tampa has developed partnerships with the following groups: Sweetwater Organic Community Farm, Sanwa Farmer's Market, Feeding Tampa Bay, University of South Florida, Publix, Save a Lot and others. Their generous contributions have enhanced this month's delivery.
More on eTradeWire News
- New Line of Eco-Friendly Kitchen Accessories Comes to GreyDock.com
- Adelphi Business School Earns International Reaccreditation
- Webline-Services: Intelligent Knowledge Management and Support Chat Software
- IT Works Recruitment Inc. WINS 2018 PACESETTER AWARD
- ATEN Eliminates Bulky Docking Stations with Plug and Play USB Mini Dock
- Renowned Caterer Opens Hecter's Kitchen Restaurant
- Kempinski Hotel Bahía is recognised as one of Europe's Leading Entertainment & Dining Resorts
This monthly event is very exciting for Meals On Wheels of Tampa to further their mission of nourishing, enriching, and strengthening the independent lives of the homebound and seniors in Tampa. POW! was developed in response to results collected from a survey that was sent out to all HDM recipients last year.
"This is such a blessing because I can no longer shop for fresh food. Many thanks to all who helped with this program, it is wonderful! Especially the volunteers who came to see me on a Saturday-what a treat!" said Delores, HDM recipient on the Meals On Wheels of Tampa program.
In addition to increasing access to produce, this opportunity has increased volunteer openings for those unavailable to deliver meals during the week.
Recipients also receive an educational handout that highlights the nutritional advantages of the items in the bag, tips to reduce waste, recipe ideas, and produce safety. Feedback was recently collected from recipients and volunteers assisting in the evaluation of the program to continue to improve its impact on senior nutrition. Professors and graduate students from USF's College of Public Health assisted the Meals On Wheels of Tampa staff in evaluating the effectiveness of POW! on Tampa's homebound citizens. Pre-test, post-test, and process evaluation surveys were completed during 2016. These tests revealed recipients were consuming an additional serving of fresh fruit and half a serving of vegetables each day. This data was recently published in the Florida Public Health Review Journal for other programs to learn from all over the world. In order to keep increasing the impact of POW! on recipients, Meals On Wheels of Tampa is currently looking for funding to expand the program to daily deliveries.
More on eTradeWire News
- Navy Contracting Summit Convenes Military and Business to Discuss Defense Contracting Priorities
- Spring vintage drops just in at The Stellar Boutique
- Flow Alkaline Spring Water Announces Distribution in Sprouts Farmers Market
- United Country Real Estate Ranked Among the Top Residential Real Estate Teams in Kansas City
- Halderman Real Estate and Farm Management picks Consumer51 for web maintenance and digital marketing
- Dentures in Easton Only $650 and $750 per Arch
- Environmental Systems Voted Number 1 Complex Oil Tank & Gas Tank Removal Company in NJ !
About Meals On Wheels of Tampa:
Meals On Wheels of Tampa has been committed to nourishing and enriching the independent lives of the homebound and seniors of Tampa since 1975. Today, Meals On Wheels of Tampa serves over 700 people with a hot meal during the lunch hour. Meals On Wheels of Tampa is a 4-star charity and relies on its community for support by not accepting government funding.
If you would like to start receiving meals or if you know someone in need, please visit www.MOWTampa.org or call (813) 238-8410 today.
- Globally Known Design Exec Joins RS21
- GET CEO, Dain Schult, Talks About Upcoming Joint Venture Projects
- The Skin Care Clinic Offers Best Non Surgical Lipofirm Fat Reduction In London with Huge Discount
- Vote Yeboah evans in the upcoming badminton confederation of Africa election
- Mischa Sturzenegger Joins UC Point as New Global Sales Director Conferencing
- What's in a Business Award for DetailXPerts?
- Top Restaurant Management Tips - Owner Of Indian Restaurant In Melbourne
- The Fiduciary Litigation Landscape, State and Federal Law's Impact on Settlement Agreements, and Other Topics To Be Addressed at ALI CLE Progr
- EPA Grants $54.3 Million through 221 Brownfield Awards to 144 Communities
- Braidedrugs.com Offers a Wide Variety of Colorful Rugs at Competitive Prices
- Educational Programs to Help Older Drivers and Colorado's Occupational Therapists
- Homespice Decor Introduces a New Range of Primitive Home Decor Items
- Expertscape Ranks World's Top Doctors in Acute Kidney Injury
- Economical Omron PLC models price compare to Omron dealers in Chennai| Data Trace Automation
- The 7-Step Process for Custom Software Development
- Have you got a room with a view?
- Fairmas expands with company representation in Amsterdam
- Cooking Oil to Witness Growing Demand in Emerging Economies of Asia Pacific Excluding Japan Region
- A BWI Car Service Can Be a Wonderful Asset for a Quick Trip to or From the Airport
- Asahi India Glass Ltd.(AIS) and Tarun Tahiliani announce AIS Glass Villa, a one-of-its-kind living s