Popular on eTradeWire News
- Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja, 7 year old National Anthem singer 534
- Transseed Group Receives Two New Business Designations 240
- Founder & CEO of Market Leader, Virtual Rehab, to be Interviewed By Jane King at NASDAQ 204
- Lil Bub, aka Magical Space Cat, Will Make Special Appearance at Snowcats Cat Convention 199
- How to Manage Arrhythmia in Children? 195
- International Experts Discuss Safety Problems of Critical Infrastructures at Ural Federal University 194
- Share Number System is the New Automated Income System 165
- New talent Asalia White Williams Nominated for NAMMY Award 157
- Kelly Hyman, a Renowned Lawyer to be a Speaker at Women En Mass 2018 133
- Media Partnership Announced with Aerospace Testing International and the International Telemetering Conference (ITC) 123
Similar on eTradeWire News
- Great Gatsby Gala Planned Nov. 10
- ASA's Rising Stars Award— Winners Announced
- Tampa Bay Watch Commemorates 25 Years of Service to the Bay
- Wells International Foundation Announces Legacy Panelists for 2019 International Women's Day Event
- Rainbow Village Asks Public to Help Homeless Families Feel at "Home for the Holidays"
- SMART Receives Grant from Lakewood Ranch Community Fund of the Manatee Community Foundation
- Tee Off For Education Charity Golf Tournament Hosted by Cogenics to Benefit Yours Humanly
- Forging Cultural Bonds with Clearwater Community Volunteers Center
- Rock the Walk - an AHA! Event in Santa Barbara
- Flagler Beach Rotarian Receives Rising Star Recognition
Future Saturday POW! deliveries will be on February 17th, March 17th and April 21st. Please visit www.MOWTampa.org or call (813) 238-8410 to sign up to deliver a Produce On Wheels route, see more dates, or explore other ways to help the mission of Meals On Wheels of Tampa. Families, children and even dogs are encouraged to deliver together!
Each month's free bag of produce typically includes: oranges, lemons, romaine lettuce, carrots and salad dressing.
In response to this program, Meals On Wheels of Tampa has developed partnerships with the following groups: Sweetwater Organic Community Farm, Sanwa Farmer's Market, Feeding Tampa Bay, University of South Florida, Publix, Save a Lot and others. Their generous contributions have enhanced this month's delivery.
More on eTradeWire News
- Ealing residents join 700,000 on the People's Vote March for the Future
- Will the Future of Who be Blue for New Time Lord, Jodie Whittaker?
- Alice assignment help for college students
- Inventor Saves Honey Bees! New invention makes destroying Varroa Mites affordable
- Great Gatsby Gala Planned Nov. 10
- River City Exteriors Now Installing Energy Star Replacement Windows
- IAPEN, India launches an ambitious plan to train and place two lakh candidates in nutrition sector by 2021
This monthly event is very exciting for Meals On Wheels of Tampa to further their mission of nourishing, enriching, and strengthening the independent lives of the homebound and seniors in Tampa. POW! was developed in response to results collected from a survey that was sent out to all HDM recipients last year.
"This is such a blessing because I can no longer shop for fresh food. Many thanks to all who helped with this program, it is wonderful! Especially the volunteers who came to see me on a Saturday-what a treat!" said Delores, HDM recipient on the Meals On Wheels of Tampa program.
In addition to increasing access to produce, this opportunity has increased volunteer openings for those unavailable to deliver meals during the week.
Recipients also receive an educational handout that highlights the nutritional advantages of the items in the bag, tips to reduce waste, recipe ideas, and produce safety. Feedback was recently collected from recipients and volunteers assisting in the evaluation of the program to continue to improve its impact on senior nutrition. Professors and graduate students from USF's College of Public Health assisted the Meals On Wheels of Tampa staff in evaluating the effectiveness of POW! on Tampa's homebound citizens. Pre-test, post-test, and process evaluation surveys were completed during 2016. These tests revealed recipients were consuming an additional serving of fresh fruit and half a serving of vegetables each day. This data was recently published in the Florida Public Health Review Journal for other programs to learn from all over the world. In order to keep increasing the impact of POW! on recipients, Meals On Wheels of Tampa is currently looking for funding to expand the program to daily deliveries.
More on eTradeWire News
- NJ Hypnotist to Share Fool Proof Answer to Managing Stress
- Award-Winning Short Thriller "Dylan" on Amazon and Amazon Prime
- SID Limited in support of United Nations´ international day for the eradication of poverty
- Chocolak's New Collection of Premium Chocolates is here - The Perfect Baby Shower Present
- Inmate Books Allow the Prisoners to Live a Better Life
- Anaadi TV – A Complete News Channel that Brings the most Happening News and Information
- Best Exchange House on Social Media, UAE 2018 - GCC Exchange
About Meals On Wheels of Tampa:
Meals On Wheels of Tampa has been committed to nourishing and enriching the independent lives of the homebound and seniors of Tampa since 1975. Today, Meals On Wheels of Tampa serves over 700 people with a hot meal during the lunch hour. Meals On Wheels of Tampa is a 4-star charity and relies on its community for support by not accepting government funding.
If you would like to start receiving meals or if you know someone in need, please visit www.MOWTampa.org or call (813) 238-8410 today.
- Ken La Salle Presents Max Dedge in The Time of The Uniborg
- Drug Abuse Treatment in Easton Helped by Police
- Ray Harvey Announces Release of Gap-Toothed Girl
- Crypto Buying Crypto? SOLAREUM Acquires Kashhcoin
- Hidy Ochiai Karate celebrates Grand Opening in Ashburn Virginia
- Santa Barbara County's oldest continually operating private school visits GranVida Senior Living
- Taking the Archery World by Storm
- Grand Opening Of The Great Republic Pop-up At Highland Park Village, Dallas
- Mikel J. Wilson Announces Release of Death Opens a Window
- "Shades of Evening" the work of Cam DeCaussin Slated for Royse Contemporary this November
- TCWEP Networking Group Opens Up Membership to Business-to-Businesses
- Peak Physical Therapy & Sports Performance announces Erica Soller as Billing Assistant
- MGA Entertainment CEO Isaac Larian honored during Cal State LA's Alumni Awards Gala
- Gulf Coast Village opens new 'Faith and Fitness Trail' to promote healthy living, spirituality
- Martin Brossman and Team to Present Web Marketing Program at Mobile Tech Expo
- Gonzalo Sabogal joins forces with the Queens Home Team at Keller Williams Realty
- Arizona High School Educator Named Claes Nobel Educator of Distinction
- Awesome Dog Harnesses: Premium Dog Harnesses that Combine Comfort, Form, and Functionality
- Leving rescued 2 little boys from abuse by mom's boyfriend, who broke his mother's jaw
- Detectamet achieves international recognition, ISO 45001