Popular on eTradeWire News
- Bungalo Records Celebrates BET Awards 2018 with a Salute by Dolla Black 1399
- Rumored Potential Takeover Bid for SenesTech, Inc. (SNES) 885
- How To Rank In Google 3 Pack Service Launched This Week 313
- Digital Marketers India Announced to Offer Best SEO Services to B2B Enterprises 119
- Powerful Prior Authorization With The Prior Auth Online Advantage 115
- "Reinvention Is The NEW Revolution!" 109
- PriorAuth Online Bridges the Medical Billing Gaps: Free Telemedicine Platform & Total RCM Support
- Indian design firm wins international acclaim
- The Best Strategy For CLAT Exam Preparation 2019 - The Opus Way
- Minneapolis based blockchain company, Revaloot, LLC, plans to fork Bitcoin
Similar on eTradeWire News
- Search for new Doobert Partners - It's like Match.com for animal rescues
- Operation Food Search Joins Forces to End Childhood Hunger
- Mark Schinnerer's Book, "THE SUCCESS GROWER", Nominated for Global Award
- Sweet Dreamzzz Wins Art Van Charity Challenge
- PARTI Program Announces Chris Boyd Senior VP at Kaiser Permanente to Host VIP Reception at ExPosure
- Cell Phones For Soldiers Celebrates 13 Years
- I Grow Chicago to Host Grand Opening of Full-Size Basketball Court
- Clearwater Community Volunteers Center Hosts Third Monthly Networking Luncheon
- Ferguson Enterprises donates $11,255 to Lee BIA Builders Care
- The International Center Names Finalists For New Global Impression Award
Future Saturday POW! deliveries will be on February 17th, March 17th and April 21st. Please visit www.MOWTampa.org or call (813) 238-8410 to sign up to deliver a Produce On Wheels route, see more dates, or explore other ways to help the mission of Meals On Wheels of Tampa. Families, children and even dogs are encouraged to deliver together!
Each month's free bag of produce typically includes: oranges, lemons, romaine lettuce, carrots and salad dressing.
In response to this program, Meals On Wheels of Tampa has developed partnerships with the following groups: Sweetwater Organic Community Farm, Sanwa Farmer's Market, Feeding Tampa Bay, University of South Florida, Publix, Save a Lot and others. Their generous contributions have enhanced this month's delivery.
More on eTradeWire News
- Elisiontec Announced to Offer Custom Asterisk Development Services
- Rock group Nulberry releases debut single 'Vegan Chicken'
- Shepherdsville, KY Resident, Barb Webb's Book, "Getting Laid", Nominated for Global Award
- The Ultimate everyday leather bags
- Trump is Wrong - Cohen's Recording Is Not Illegal
- Reimage Beauty Glams Up Attendees At BET Experience 2018
- BIBO Weekly! Comes To Hot Noize Channel on Roku
This monthly event is very exciting for Meals On Wheels of Tampa to further their mission of nourishing, enriching, and strengthening the independent lives of the homebound and seniors in Tampa. POW! was developed in response to results collected from a survey that was sent out to all HDM recipients last year.
"This is such a blessing because I can no longer shop for fresh food. Many thanks to all who helped with this program, it is wonderful! Especially the volunteers who came to see me on a Saturday-what a treat!" said Delores, HDM recipient on the Meals On Wheels of Tampa program.
In addition to increasing access to produce, this opportunity has increased volunteer openings for those unavailable to deliver meals during the week.
Recipients also receive an educational handout that highlights the nutritional advantages of the items in the bag, tips to reduce waste, recipe ideas, and produce safety. Feedback was recently collected from recipients and volunteers assisting in the evaluation of the program to continue to improve its impact on senior nutrition. Professors and graduate students from USF's College of Public Health assisted the Meals On Wheels of Tampa staff in evaluating the effectiveness of POW! on Tampa's homebound citizens. Pre-test, post-test, and process evaluation surveys were completed during 2016. These tests revealed recipients were consuming an additional serving of fresh fruit and half a serving of vegetables each day. This data was recently published in the Florida Public Health Review Journal for other programs to learn from all over the world. In order to keep increasing the impact of POW! on recipients, Meals On Wheels of Tampa is currently looking for funding to expand the program to daily deliveries.
More on eTradeWire News
- Hurricane Grill & Wings is Giving Away Free Wings for a Year Only on National Chicken Wing Day
- Beatles vs. Elvis tribute show comes to Knoxville stage
- Dionica Jackson Moves Business to RE/MAX DFW Associates
- IT Startup of Durgapur is Going Through a Tough Phase Said By Mr.Deepanjan Goswami
- Cloud Hosting India - The Gateway To Success In Online Business
- Thiel College names Brian Harris new director of bands
- Mahendra India Travel : The Best Tours and Travel Agents in India
About Meals On Wheels of Tampa:
Meals On Wheels of Tampa has been committed to nourishing and enriching the independent lives of the homebound and seniors of Tampa since 1975. Today, Meals On Wheels of Tampa serves over 700 people with a hot meal during the lunch hour. Meals On Wheels of Tampa is a 4-star charity and relies on its community for support by not accepting government funding.
If you would like to start receiving meals or if you know someone in need, please visit www.MOWTampa.org or call (813) 238-8410 today.
- FieldConnect Employee to be Inducted into Georgia Soccer Hall of Fame
- Cart Mart Named One of the 100 Fastest Growing Private Companies in San Diego
- Child Hope Services and Foster VC Kids invite community members to an informative Foster Care Summit
- McQueen Landing in Gilbert Celebrates Successful Grand Opening
- Addiction Treatment Info Session Held by State Officials & Advocacy Group
- United Premier Soccer League Announces Oxnard Guerreros FC as Western Conference Team
- Crystal Healing Sessions Offered at Seeds of Wellness
- Beth Grant To Guest On The Jimmy Star Show With Ron Russell Wednesday July 25th, 2018
- Vunova Inc Launches a New Marketplace for College Consultants
- Noted Naturopath and Nutritional Author Announces Release of New Book: The Red Tea Detox
- Kelley Kronenberg Attorney Kyle Roberts Appointed to Florida Bar Journal and News Editorial Board
- Terramor Homes Announces Grand Opening of Senter Farm Model Home, in Apex, NC
- Huge Discounts on CAT6a UL Cables
- Martin County Healthy Start Coalition now provides an exemplary Family Leave policy for employees
- Addiction Treatment Representatives Plan Extended Care
- Northwestern Mutual – Chicago Advisor Named to Barron's Top 100 Women Financial Advisors
- The Sun is About to Set on The Woods of Midvale in Tucker
- Doral Chamber of Commerce Welcomes Law Offices of Joseph G. Tesmond as a New Gold Member
- Hello Summer, Hello New Homes for Sale in Tucson!
- 2106 Harrison Drive, Holiday, FL 34691