Popular on eTradeWire
- Mona Clayton, RN Launches Mix & Mentor emPOWER Hour Global Tour at Hotel 50 Bowery 117
- Even Neutral Switzerland Can't Stomach Philip Morris
- Radio Vet Connie Birth returns to The Spin Awards as the Red Carpet host
- Justices Free Up Funding For Trump's Wall
- Variety – The Children's Charity of Wisconsin CEO on Modern Living with kathy ireland®
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Abilene Celebrates Topping Off
- Shuvu Banim Announces Israeli Rabbi Eliyahu Merav Video Statement of Support for Rabbi Berland
- Goldberg Brothers ships new folding barn door hardware
- Macy's Caves Over "Fat Shaming," But Maybe It Works
- Lyn Ross of Institut' Dermed Prize Winner in the 2019 Skin Games Compassionate Category
Similar on eTradeWire
- Rapper Young Steens signs with 1017 Brick Squad Records
- Dracula Party - Trick or Treat (World Premiere Music Video)
- Chicago rapper shares five tips for upstart musicians
- Jazz Across the Water, Bordum and Rhodes
- TV News Anchor Dan Ashley Turns News To Music With New Single "What Really Matters"
- Apple Music Adds Apple Digital Masters
- World Premiere: Foolay DC debuts Latest Video, "Know What It Is"
- Dover Publications Releases Critically Acclaimed "Making Music for Life," a Musician's Guide
- At Angels Gate Cultural Center 2nd Annual Fortnight Concert Series
- Chris Janson to Headline Subaru Country Freedom Festival at the Port of Los Angeles October 19
Genres: Alt Rock, Power Pop, Garage
Just in time for their tenth anniversary, Ottawa garage rockers Ornaments celebrate the release of Compassion Fatigue on June 14, a five-song EP featuring the band's signature chainsaw power pop at its leanest, tightest, and most focused. Despite accolades for its energetic live shows, multiple Ottawa Bluesfest and JUNOFest appearances, and opening slots for PUP, The Dirty Nil, Single Mothers, and The Pack A.D., the record marks Ornaments' first proper release since 2011—and it very nearly didn't happen.
In March 2017, a week away from a prime JUNOFest showcase, the group found itself suddenly down a bass player. Enter long-time friend and GREATHUNTER frontman Andrew Grosvenor, who learned a dozen songs in a matter of days, ensuing in one of the band's most explosive sets to-date. What began as a last second one-off resulted in a renaissance for the group.
Energized and motivated by their new bassist, the trio—rounded out by singer/guitarist David Pierce and drummer Kevin Kozachanko—decided to book some more shows to see if the chemistry would stick and soon found itself writing some of the most urgent, hook-laden songs of its career. Recorded by Mike Bond at Wolf Lake Studios, Compassion Fatigue's five tracks are loud, clear, and direct, taking aim at toxic masculinity ("Like Men"), complacency ("Pull the Alarm"), and the rise of populism ("Wake Up") within its 17-minute run time. As Pierce sings on Wake Up, "I'm on fire—can anyone hear me?" Time will tell.
More on eTradeWire News
- Mark McKenzie Promoted to Excavation and Construction Manager at Roto-Rooter Plumbers of Savannah
- Mentoring for Leadership by Top Execs and Elected Officials Made Easy with the Twelve@Twelve
- Conglomerate of Women Owned Businesses launch the Southern Crescent's First Funding Pitch
- Enmarket Opens Newly Renovated Downtown MLK Store in Savannah – Redesigned with Community in Mind
- "That Which Was Lost: The Deltic Disaster – Part Two" by Jeff Vawter is published
Listen to the track "Like Men" here (https://ornamentsband.bandcamp.com/track/like-men-5)
Stream Compassion Fatigue on all major platforms now (https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/ornaments/compassion-fatigue?fbclid=IwAR1TTPHNFhj3pPG1F8cbeolrho6Jl0EXbneNmTFg-wRSIK86k1zb3c3Jc48)
Ornaments is available for interviews, and the band is excited to share their new EP Compassion Fatigue with the world, along with news about upcoming tour dates. For interview or press inquiries, please contact Matías Muñoz (Bad Form Artist Services) at email@example.com.
Bad Form Artist Services is a small publicity agency focused on helping independent musicians develop and execute strategies to get their music noticed.
More on eTradeWire News
- Introducing: Keller Covered – Home Insurance Made Simple
- PAG.law Attorneys Ranked Among Nation's Top Law Firms by Chambers & Partners
- Never Before On Amazon: A First
- Has the Polio Virus returned to complete its original devastating attack
- Local Marketing companies Launches a Social Media Platform For Contractors
APPLE MUSIC (https://music.apple.com/us/artist/ornaments/124...)
Matías Muñoz | Bad Form Artist Services
- Pearson Edexcel bags The Word Masala Champion of the Diaspora Poetry Award
- VORAGO Technologies Announces Space-saving ARM® Cortex®-M0 (MCU) NVM for Extreme Rad
- Don Barnhart's Hypnomania Residency Gets Extended
- Tour Lennar's 10 Model Homes at Glen Loma Ranch Now Open Daily
- Two Ways Home, starring Tanna Frederick and Tom Bower an official Women Texas Film Festival selection will be screening on Saturday, August 17th
- AccuSource, Inc. Ranks on the 2019 Inc. 5000 With Three-Year Revenue Growth of 92 Percent
- Join WOMBA at the 5th Annual SHIEC Conference
- Executive Director Search Announced
- Skyscanner for Dummies: 3 Ways to book your next Skyscanner Tickets
- Car Title Loans Can Take Off the Pressure When Sudden Lay Offs Sting, says Car Cash Loans
- Brandon Honda promotes Tim Jamil to General Sales Manager
- Global Artist with Roots in Fashion
- Promoting Accountability for Personal Conduct at Tech Conferences
- Vesta Property Services Expands Its Community Management Division in South Florida
- Vesta Property Services Expands Its North Central Region with Acquisition of Action Management
- EMI Filters for PWM-Driven Motors Prevent Bearing Damage and Reduce EMI in Equipment
- Can we wrap, letter and decal your entire fleet of trucks, no matter how big or small? YES, WE CAN!
- New Graphic Design Service Offers Unbeatable Prices
- Stride Movers Announces Free Moving Supplies Promotion
- Learn about the Opportunity Zone in Flagler County Aug. 20