Popular on eTradeWire
- Pura Cura Offers a CBD Starter Pack for Customers Looking for Multiple Flavors 219
- Rum Leanez 5 yrs old - Rum San Domingo and Rum Berde 210
- Jason Mitchell Is Named #1 Producing Real Estate Agent In Arizona In 2018 181
- Dr. Paul Norwood peer reviews new scientific article related to the treatment of Type 2 Diabetes 139
- NY Yankee Fans Turn Into Stars At Bronx Bomber Blues 131
- Participating Restaurants Announced Taste of Love 124
- New Book Shows Women How to Have Career Success in Tech Today 121
- William J. Bruce III to Return as Host to Aussie Osbourne Show 110
- Music Industry Month End Report for February 2019
Similar on eTradeWire
- Filmstart von Iron Sky - The Coming Race
- THE COPELAND KIDS Selected for LA Live Film Festival and Winner Best Feature Screenplay Pinnacle Film Awards
- 20th Century Fox Teams Up With movieMEASURE for 2019
- SR Socially Relevant™ Film Festival NY 2019 Opens Friday 3/15 with 'The Merger' US Premiere
- 18th Boston Turkish Film Festival Announces Lineup
- Eggcellent News! Sunny Side Up Film Festival Returns To The Goddard Center in Ardmore, OK
- Thriller Author Crashes Chicago's St. Patrick's Day Festivities in Latest Novel
- Houston Gospel Music Coalition Now Accepting Submissions For Music Video and Film Festival
- Celebrate St. Patrick's Day By Watching Scream Queen Caroline Williams in "Leprechaun 3"
- In Celebration Of Black History Month Diversity In Cannes Announces Top 10 Black Filmmakers To Watch
Hailed as "Wonder Woman meets Game of Thrones," the film has already won "Best Fantasy" and "Best Action" awards. Joanna Ke, the film's star, writer, and producer, has been recognized with an "Inspiring Woman in Film" award.
Rightly so, as the film is the inspiration for a group of teen girls at non-profit Eve's Place who saw "Protectress" and felt empowered to share their personal experiences with sexual assault in a video to help spread awareness of the alarming statistic that one in three children will experience sexual assault in their lifetime. The video is viewable on YouTube (www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVzAISq0Rr4).
Working as a professional script reader and actress (http://www.joannake.com), Ke got fed up with the roles she was seeing for women in Hollywood and decided to write the role she always wanted to play. She learned sword fighting and stunts, training for four months prior to filming, to portray a protagonist that's rarely seen, a half Asian female hero.
More on eTradeWire News
- Top Guidelines Of Compare Flights - Travelogica
- Tecsew welcomes UTC Portsmouth Guests!
- Prize-winning Canadian satirist tackles the subject of alien refugees in his own inimitable style
- DonnaInk Publications to release, "Laughter and Other Considerations"
- Steve Linder of Pacific Lots explains the benefits of investing in Costa Rica
Ke says, "My goal is to bring a diverse female hero to the screen that redefines what it means to be strong. The short is a proof of concept. I aim to expand on the 'Protectress' world to show a diverse cast, which is not often seen in a fantasy story, and women in leading roles."
Diversity was paramount to the production, both in front of and behind the camera. Director America Young (www.americayoung.com), who brings her experience not only as a director but also as a stunt coordinator and stuntwoman, helms "Protectress."
Of the film, Young says, "There is so much talk lately about feminine strength and strong female characters in movies. That is what originally attracted me to this project. Chicks with swords. But then I read the script and saw that, in addition to the chicks with swords, there were complex characters."
Leo Kei Angelos, who appeared on Season 4 of HBO's "Project Greenlight," serves as director of photography for the award winning short. The film is viewable online for only one more week, until the end of October. Watch it now at www.protectressfilm.com.
- Acute Pain Therapies Nominated for Eastside Business Awards
- Jesse Carmichael To Guest On The Jimmy Star Show With Ron Russell Wednesday March 27th, 2019
- Lola.com Flying High with New VP of Engineering
- First Choice Announces DBE Certification
- WILD TONIC® Partners with Louis Glunz Beer, Inc. to Share Innovative Ferments with Chicago
- Local Company Concerned for Peoples Security after Facebook Password breach
- Truth from the lips of struggle
- Bark Avenue Foundation Receives Grant From Petsmart Charities® To Help Keep People And Pets Together
- Morven in May Garden Craft & Heirloom Plant Sale set for May 3-5
- New Homes with RV Garages Now Pre-selling at Freedom at Asante!
- Electro Funk Project Synthonic To Release New Single "Divergence" On Monday April 1st, 2019
- Mexico Investment Casting Facility Announces Robotic Expansion
- Three Square Market Hosts Over 65 Users From Across the U.S
- Teen Creates Kickstarter for Transgender Scouts
- Free Bereavement Support Group for Survivors of Suicide Loss - Longview
- Pandamoon Publishing Inks Film Deal with Mon Rêve Productions
- Relationships are the driving force behind IBOs Whitney and Jason Johns' success
- Top-rated Sanibel restaurant springs into Easter
- Law Enforcement New Kitting Module Saves Time and Improves Efficiency for law Enforcement Agencies
- Panacea to Focus on How to Meet the CMS Price Transparency Rule at Becker's Hospital Review 10th