Popular on eTradeWire
- enCloud9 Partners with ClickDimensions to Launch PowerPack, Revolutionizing Sales and Marketing for SMBs - 256
- Gravic, Inc. is Pleased to Announce the General Availability of HPE NonStop Shadowbase Version 6.801 - 235
- 2019 Hyundai Sonata for Sale in The Heart of Toronto - 233
- Community Comes Together for Unforgettable Back-to-School Bash at The CENTER @Joshua Home - 227
- BOWA Gives Girls' Invite track and field competition to be held in Chicago's Pullman neighborhood - 219
- Greater Fort Myers Chamber's Nov. 14 luncheon to celebrate Leadership Fort Myers 2023 graduates - 208
- Atlanta's most famous rug store founder advocates a hands-on-approach to rug shopping - 178
- Amazing Public Art Sculpture Created From Found Objects - 154
- Instantly Boost Your Website Organic Traffic with Premium Websites - 154
- JS Fun Event Hire Supplies Custom Cash Grabber for Pringles' Movember - 152
Similar on eTradeWire
- After The Ink Dries - Will Savers Launches The First Physical Will & Trust Storage Service
- Michael Corso Honored for His Legacy of Service and Patriotism
- Lowthorp Richards and Hathaway Law Firm Join Forces in Merger
- Bragoli & Associates Announces Winner of Volunteerism Scholarship To North Babylon High School St
- Karpel Foundation Spearheads Justice Reform Offering Data Driven Dashboards to County Prosecutors
- Notary Public Nottingham: Pioneering Simplified Legal Services in the UK
- Angie Wong Whistle Blower to face the music in Georgia. Multiple lawsuits and a court order exist
- Federal Criminal Defense Attorney Near Los Angeles CA
- Forget CRT; LA Instead, Thanksgiving 1966
- RECORD Secures Additional Funding to Revolutionize Personal Injury Client Management
The order came after the former president released on Truth Social personally-identifying information about his principal clerk while the fraud trial was underway.
But this order, just like the one requested earlier by special counsel Jack Smith, can easily be circumvented by members of Congress, PACs, bloggers and other influencers who support Trump, notes public interest law professor John Banzhaf, and expert on free speech issued.
Virtually all of what Banzhaf said about Smith's proposed gag order also applies to the one just issued by Judge Arthur Engoron:
But even if U.S. Judge Tanya Chutkan grants in its entirely and without any changes the original motion by special counsel Jack Smith seeking what has been described as a narrowly tailored gag order, it will still contain a hole big enough to drive a truck through, and there may be nothing the court can do about it, says Banzhaf.
More on eTradeWire News
- What To Inspect When Buying A Used Car
- Who Has Been Distracted During Work or Athletics, from Debris falling Between the Shoe and Sock
- Exel Solar U.S. Emerges in response to Growing Solar Demand
- Revolutionizing sustainability with a plant-based gold leaching solution and technology to recover gold from ore while reducing environmental impact
- Local Microschool Wins National Recognition
Thus, even if, to the surprise of many, Trump himself does not defy the proposed order once it was issued, many of his supporters - including members of Congress, talk show hosts, members of PACs, and other organizations - can still do exactly what is prohibited by the order.
Professor Banzhaf filed the formal legal complaint which led to the investigation and indictment of Trump in Georgia, but he has played no role in Trump's federal criminal proceedings.
Therefore, the law professor notes that he, like virtually every other American, would still be free to talk about or otherwise inform others about the identity, testimony, or credibility of prospective witnesses, and/or to make statements about any party, witness, attorney, court personnel, or potential jurors that are disparaging and inflammatory or intimidating; or in the alternative, happen to be praiseworthy, supportive, or consoling.
So the irony is that if the motion is granted and the gag order issued - and if Trump, rather than defying it, simply asks his supporters with huge followings to repeat his claims - more people are likely to accept the claims coming from many different supposedly-reliable sources rather than any such claim coming from Trump himself.
http://banzhaf.net/ jbanzhaf3ATgmail.com @profbanzhaf
- Erfan Nouraee, the young scientist using innovation to advocate for social change
- Captain Notepad Charts a New Course with Updated Web Page on Engineering Paper and Custom Graph Paper
- North America's Agrivoltaics Expo Set to Level Up the Solar Land Use Renaissance Next Summer in Chicago
- Blue Harbor Resort Unveils Lake Life Sheboygan Holiday Gift Guide
- Rope Access Melbourne Trusts - Abseiling Building Maintenance | Contract Solutions Australia
- eBook, Mass Casualty Incidents: How Enhanced Communication Saves Lives
- Dr. George Sepiashvili Was Just Interviewed By Randy Alvarez On The Wellness Hour TV Show!
- Managing Arthritis Symptoms as Summer Heats Up
- Hollywood Storage Center of Thousand Oaks Announces Two Weekends of Free Photos with Santa
- Why Should I Avoid DIY Teeth Whitening?
- Resources Span Lifetime of Parenting Joys, Challenges
- Texas Center For Oral Surgery & Dental Implants Now Has Videography On Same Day Dental Implants
- PowerTribe "Up With The Sword" - New Album Unleashed January 10, 2024
- Dr. Alex Planes Has A New Website For His Planes Dental Arts Tradition Office In Port St. Lucie, FL!
- Peace Leaders Honored: Martin Luther King, Queen Lili'uokalani, Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi, Mother Teresa and Zhou Enlai
- 16th Annual Friends and Family Sale announced by LabNaturals, retailer of CBD, non-toxic skincare, and glutathione, based in Western Pennsylvania
- Invenio IT unites with Field Effect to deliver powerful cybersecurity to the SMB
- Kaiser Consulting Awarded a #1 Spot in Central Ohio's 2023 Best Places to Work
- Unlock Healing Today and Put Trauma in Its Place!
- BYD | RIDE Supports Women in Transportation with $5,000 Build Your Dreams Scholarship