Popular on eTradeWire
- Anton R. Williams, Head of Global Missions Org, Expands Global Humanitarian and Mission Operations - 154
- Anton R. Williams, West MI Business Owner and Philanthropist, Contributes From Distinct History - 152
- Miami Dade College with Khawam Presents Crossing Borders Artists from the Middle East & the Americas - 107
- Widowed South Yorkshire Author Ric Hart releases 5th & final bereavement book for his son Hugo afte - 102
- Criminal Investigation of Trump Halted
- Practical Nursing Program at Carrington College Receives Approval from New Mexico Board of Nursing
- Green Office Partner ranked #23 on Crain's Top 100 Best Places to Work in Chicago!
- Equinox To The Rescue-How To Get Your Life Back In Balance Now
- SJVC Announces New Online Bachelor of Science Degree in Construction Management
- Bruneau & Co. will auction the Henry Anderson collection of Golden Age comics Saturday, October 1st
Similar on eTradeWire
- Hundreds Walk For Recovery, Jobs A Solution
- ContainerPort Group Gives Away Harley Davidson, $5,000 Vacation Package
- Make it an Endless Summer with El Monte RV, Getaway for a Weekend with One Tank Trips
- Tucker Company Worldwide Participant at 2022 LogiPharma Supply Chain Conference
- Thousands of views about Reducing Fuel by Reducing Pollution have people interested – ECOFuelMax
- Catch a shark at Work Truck Week 2023
- ContainerPort Group deploys app to offer drivers more visibility to pay
- WDTC ramps up the quality of national criminal background checks
- Free windshield replacement in Florida requires full insurance
Attendees included St. Helena Mayor Geoff Emmerson, NVTA Executive Director Kate Miller, Rebecca Shenk, NVTA Transit Director, and officials from BYD. The bus, put into service Thursday features a large butterfly design.
NVTA, which serves as the countywide transportation planning agency, are transforming their fleet of older buses to an all-electric fleet in efforts to provide the community with long-lasting and clean transit options.
On Tuesday in nearby Yountville, the agency unveiled a bus with a design that features a honeybee.
Mayor Emmerson pointed out that pollinators like the butterfly and honeybee are critically important to the economy of the region, which is the heart of California's Wine Country. Other designs include a hummingbird and a hawk.
"NVTA is proud to have partnered with BYD on its first-ever electrical vehicles," Shenk said. "These five new electric vehicles are a strong start to NVTA transitioning to a 100% zero-emission fleet ahead of the deadline set by the California Air Resource Board. At 30 ft long, these vehicles are very nimble and perfect for operating on-demand bus services."
More on eTradeWire News
- Maxwell "The Night Tour" Featuring Fantasia and Joe Becomes Hurricane Ian Relief Concert in Jacksonville on Sunday, Oct. 2
- Ignite! Conference kicks off its first Annual Conference
- "Third Thursdays" harmolodic jazz series cont. w/Dave Bryant plus Raghuram, Garzone, Rivard & Leake
- NadaMoo! Launches New Bite-Sized Treats
- What Do I Do if My Logger Says "Self-Test Failed?"
Patrick Duan, BYD Senior Vice President of Operations, congratulated the agency.
"The NVTA will have safe, reliable public transportation with their new, full-fleet of zero-emission BYD buses," Duan said. "We are as excited watching the community adopt a truly innovative and clean solution for their residents and visitors."
The bus fleet was built by members of the Sheet Metal, Air, Rail and Transportation (SMART) workers Union, Local 105, in BYD's manufacturing facility located in Lancaster, California.
BYD, which stands for Build Your Dreams, is the world's leading battery-electric bus manufacturer with over 80,000 vehicles on the road globally, and more than 1,000 vehicles on the road or in production in the United States. BYD is creating hundreds of American jobs, making battery-electric buses that are helping to clean our air while improving efficiency and the bottom line for our customers. Follow BYD on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
Alexa Trujillo | BYD Community Relations Associate
+1 (661) 940-3250 ext. 72530
- Anthology Woods Launches New Nordic Collection of Light & Bright Wood Cladding & Flooring
- Implants4All Are Now Using Digital Smile Design For Dental Implant Procedures!
- Saelig ABI BoardMaster PCB Test Solution Speeds Wind Turbine Repairs
- Hilliker Corp. Brokers Buy/Sell 17970 Edison Ave
- Christmas is Merrier with ShopEnglish. Find out Why
- SVSF plans grand opening for new Detroit headquarters
- SC Life Sciences Organization Refreshes Brand, Launches New Website
- Logos Communications Receives 2 Clarion Awards
- CDI Global Guides Successful Divestment of Class Creator to Sentral
- Floodproofing.com and Walz & Krenzer Agreement Brings Together Two Industry Leaders
- ITS Ice Builders Assist Dairy, Food Processors and Other Industrial Applications to Maintain Consistently Cool Refrigerant Temperatures
- Smaller, Faster, Safer, and Easier Rectangular Connector
- All-Inclusive Braces & Invisalign Offered in Harrisburg, PA
- Children and families are given the opportunity to engage with the arts
- Southampton Dentist Offers Affordable Cosmetic Dentistry, Including Dental Implants
- UpStart Commerce welcomes James Urbati as Chief Strategy Officer
- The Dog Gurus to Present at the Pet Boarding and Daycare Expo in Pennsylvania
- 9th Annual Demand Response & Distributed Energy Resources Forum Coming to San Diego
- Colonial Courtyard at Bedford opens new Memory Care Unit
- Top Benefits of Home Security!