Popular on eTradeWire
- USA Today Best-Seller, Jean Rabe, To Release Book Four of The Piper Blackwell Series 232
- Impact Web Solutions Celebrates 21 Years in Business 201
- Garage Doors Offers to Fight Global Pandemic 181
- Les Franklin Protege Of Little Richard Releases New Single 167
- Engineering News-Record MidAtlantic Names Clark Nexsen Design Firm of the Year 164
- League of Women Voters of PBC Invites Public to 'Hot Topic' Zoom Chat on Affordable Housing 161
- Executive Producers Kelsey Grammer and Tom Russo Present Messina Captor Films' "The Salon" Digital Series for 2020 Emmy® Award Consideration 144
- Cole Skincare for Men Launches Black Men Matter Campaign Celebrating Black Fathers Around the Globe 136
- Heated Armor Plans To Take Over the Heated Clothing Industry
- QURECA launches the first Quantum training & recruitment platform
Similar on eTradeWire
- IPD announces special partnership with Maxiforce to expand product reach for its customers
- Ideanomics Announces Q2 Earnings & Appoints Advisor to Ideanomics' MEG and Medici Motor Works
- 15 BYD Buses Hit the Road in Norway
- TSVC Ltd Offers The Safest Way To Transport Luxury Cars
- Frederick County TransIT adds More BYD Buses to its Fleet
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Client Gincor Werx on Certification as a Great Place to Work
- STG Logistics Adds Board Member Farrukh Bezar
- CLN Solutions Opens South Boston Warehousing Facility
- Delivery Drivers Offered Self-Paying Credit Card
- Ideanomics Announces Delivery Completion of Multiple EV Sales Orders
Instead, infinite inquisitiveness compels them to break open that figurative cardboard cube to seek powerful new perspectives.
Two National Van Lines employees are pioneering their own paths toward superior insight-and-oversight capabilities after recently graduating from the American Moving & Storage Association's Leaders Program, which focuses on creating what AMSA calls "the next generation of leaders."
Director of Agency Services Shelly Zachary and Customer Experience Manager Sue Mackey found the training to be a boundary-demolishing experience.
"The training really makes you think about the type of manager/leader you really are," Shelly Zachary said. "It gives you the chance to analyze yourself and provides tools and tips for ways you can change or improve your leadership style. In addition to learning about our own leadership style, we also learned how to interact with leaders who have a different style."
More on eTradeWire News
- Intermountain Healthcare Implements DeepThink Health's Precision Intelligence Solutions to Manage its Molecular Tumor Board
- NextGen Communications Agree Education and Development Plan with CNet Training
- "Blades Direct Reviews" Announces SHOXX and Samedia Products: BX13, Master MST, GX20 and BFM an
- Cure SMA Urges Remaining States to Expedite Adoption of Newborn Screening for Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Sotech Wins Manufacturing Award At North East Business Awards
Previous AMSA Leaders Program grads have moved on to run successful companies or assume AMSA leadership roles. NVL Safety Director Laura Manning (https://www.nationalvanlines.com/press-release/nvl-director-named-top-woman-to-watch/), a 2019 graduate, earlier this year became Chair of AMSA's Safety Management Committee (https://www.moving.org/contact/committees/safety-management-committee/).
"The thing that surprised me about the program is how much it encourages growth on both a professional and personal level," Shelly said. "It really emphasized for me how interconnected our professional and personal lives really are."
Shelly already has expanded her sphere of responsibilities. She now has full responsibility for overseeing National Van Lines' biannual conventions, starting with the November 2021 event in Rancho Palos Verdes, CA.
More on eTradeWire News
- The ultimate online shopping innovations
- World's only B Corp™ certified PPE supplier gains fourth certification; Helps reduce Coronavirus waste
- Toll Brothers Announces Opening of its Model Home in the Retreat at Southshore Community
- Twista's GMG Artist B-Hype Drops Video For It's My Life
- Could this be the next Nike? Dionies Sportswear Looks to Crowdfunding for an Impressive Kickstart
"The materials you go over in the class make you think about problem-solving in a different way," Sue Mackey said. "You learn you need to look at the bigger picture when you are making decisions."
Sue has put her newfound skills to work during the pandemic as a member of the company's COVID-19 Back to Work task force. Additionally, her input has proven essential to testing and training the company's new NVL+ software, which manages interstate-moving customer data.
"When you find yourself having to make a decision on something you have done before, you just think about it differently," Sue said. "I would recommend others participate in the program. It does make you think strategically in the diverse moving industry. There are never two days the same and, when you think you have heard or seen it all, something new comes along."
- Therese Tappouni's Latest Book is Historical Coming-of-Age Adventure Set in Turbulent Times
- Spin: Crowdfunding for the Greater Good
- SportsPlus now offers a free plan for sports clubs and leagues
- UK Property Market Back to Business, But Uncertainties Remain
- How would you be able to purchase the best harmonium?
- Overcoming Covid-19 Challenges: Alexander James Rodriguez Releases 'My Crew'
- "A Treasure Hunt within a Thriller" Vegas Die coming September 15. Pre Order Now
- The Data Value Factory Launches Data Preparer on AWS and Microsoft Azure
- La Trobe Financial receives Australia's Non-Bank Lender of the Year Award
- Does Kanye West Really Have A Chance At Being President
- Printing San Diego Ego Id Media
- Anritsu Partners with COMINT Consulting to Add Signals Intelligence Capability to Field Master Pro™ MS2090A RTSA
- Julia Hair Clearance Sale In July
- Black Veteran Entrepreneur and Cannavist Johann Balbuena To Release New Book Warning White Cannabis Industry: "Your Time Is Up"
- Black Fashion Designer Gives Birth To Hands Free Fashion Pouch
- TRENIQUES: Kyree Moore CEO of Rebel Royal Productions, Photographer, & Model
- Rock Guitarist Shares Secret To Making Playing Guitar Fast Easier
- RecoveryTrek signs agreement with Global Life Sciences Alliance to market "PROOF™"
- Can's Headphones Foldback for A Quiet Launch
- Kindness Matters Conference 2020