Popular on eTradeWire
- Las Vegas Walk of Stars to Honor Frank Shankwitz 441
- Realistic Salary Expectations for Teaching English Overseas 173
- Brothers Awarded Civil Air Patrol Congressional Gold Medal 166
- National Recording Artist Bre Naí has a Live Performance in Louisiana: Media Alert 6/7/2019 9:30PM 155
- Defining Digital: Extremist Content Chided, Super Mario Maker 2 Teased, Netflix's "Lelia" + more 122
- Island Intellectual Property Sues StoneCastle for $172 million 115
- New Major Bed Bug Class Action Lawsuit Against Marriott Hotels
- Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center Implements Digisonics Solution for OB Ultrasound
- Arsonist Firebombs Daystar Television Network's Jerusalem Studio
- The Security Event – it did what it said on the tin
Similar on eTradeWire
- Rady School of Management Celebrates the Graduation of 344 Students
- Two New Specialists Join Ranks At SchoolStatus
- Executive Education Academy Charter School in Allentown Celebrates First Graduating Class
- Horizons Savannah Surpasses 2019 Giving Day Goal
- IFLM Special Shareholders Meeting - Early Notice
- The Continuing Adventures of the USS Batfish
- Introducing the 2019 Class of the Cultural Vistas Fellowship
- Urban Pathways 6-12 Charter School seniors offered $442,984 in scholarships
- Learn More About Us - Our Story
- Learn More About ABA Services at Our School
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and the Georgia Department of Community Health approved geriatric specialist, PK Beville, to spearhead the project in 171 skilled nursing homes. On April 2, Beville and her team presented the results to nursing home staff and administrators at Middle Georgia State University in Macon.
More on eTradeWire News
- New Employee-Centric Home Care Agency Opens in Montgomery County
- Corporate Attorney Angela Kwok Joins Royse Law Firm
- NATP Voices Support for Taxpayer Protection and Preparer Proficiency Act of 2019
- Independent Rom-Com Series "Public Displays Of Insanity" Hits Amazon With Fresh Take On The Biz
- Hip-Hop Artist & Entrepreneur Suga-T Speaks Out On Sephora
SWD collected baseline data prior to the nursing home's initial VDT training, then again after, observing specific tasks and behaviors associated with care. Results show that person-centered care approaches were increased giving the resident more individualized and focused care by building relationships with them. Teaching caregivers how to identify with "normal" dementia behaviors through their own VDT experience enables them to better understand and relate to the person with dementia and respond in a more patient and supportive manner.
Beville states, "People with dementia are unable to tell us what their world is like, making it difficult to provide care. Seeing nursing home staff identify with their residents after the VDT gives hope for the future of dementia care."
Pre and post-VDT surveys were administrated to staff. Prior to the VDT experience, 96% surveyed said people living with dementia get the care they need. After experiencing the VDT simulation training, only 4% continued to hold this belief which shows staff is better able to determine the needs of their residents. The project will officially conclude April 14, 2019.
More on eTradeWire News
- San Diego/Carlsbad Real Estate Agent Promotes Homes To MORE Buyers For MORE Money
- Rizo Bros California Creamery Celebrates 1Year Anniversary of Successful Launch of Brand
- The ACC of St. Louis Held Annual Corporate Counsel Institute (CCI) May 15
- Lifetime TV "Ms. T's Music Factory" Temmora signs with Amirakal Marketing
- GET A GRIP Resurfacing Celebrates 20 Years Two Decades of National Resurfacing for Homegrown Family
Second Wind Dreams is a front-runner in providing educational tools and programs toward better care for those living with dementia. As the world's population ages, Second Wind Dreams strives to promote dignity and improve elder care by changing the perception of aging across the world.
SWD continues its grant work in North Carolina and Wisconsin and has submitted applications to expand its efforts in other states, as well.
About Second Wind Dreams
Second Wind Dreams® is an internationally-known nonprofit organization changing the perception of aging through the fulfillment of dreams and the offering of the patented Virtual Dementia Tour® to help caregivers understand the physical and cognitive challenges facing those with dementia. Founded in 1997 by award-winning geriatric specialist PK. Beville, M.S., the Atlanta-based organization is recognized as the first in the nation to focus on enhancing the quality of life for elders through the fulfillment of dreams. For more information, visit www.secondwind.org.
- Lennar Grand Opens A Next Gen® – The Home Within A Home® Community in Pahrump on Saturday, June 29
- Amy Shrader Represents Seller of CardNal Cove Campground in Rutledge TN
- McDonnell & Associates Celebrates 16 Years as Industry Leader
- Tour Lennar's Tahoe Plan During the Utah Valley Parade of Homes
- Thousands of kids to get free backpacks, school supplies, haircuts
- Channel Islands Harbor Presents Concerts by the Sea
- Spiked Seltzer Sunday added to line up for 2019 Summerfest June 20-23
- Garcia & Artigliere Files Elder Abuse Case Against Fullerton Healthcare & Wellness Centre
- Global summit call for more responsible use of information technology
- Monitoring Temperature & Humidity in Operation Theatre
- Sonoma Valley Trail Rides to Offer Horseback Rides at Alta Vista Vineyards
- What Happens When Uber and Lyft Reject Your Application?
- Gravic, Inc.® Wins HPE's Momentum Technology Partner of the Year 2019 Award!
- ULI OC / IE District Council Announces New Leadership
- Laguna View Detox Is Now Fully Accredited by the Joint Commission
- Omnichain Expands its Business Development and Product Engineering Teams
- E.G. Woode Launches Crowdfunding Campaign on Bluefundrewards Platform
- Effective Medical Practice Staff Management, by doctor and researcher Dr. William Matzner
- MERGE4 Introduces Collection of No Show Socks
- CDL Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse will take effect in 2020