Popular on eTradeWire
- So Mr.Curtis' Name Is Called at Mail Time! - 113
- Syxsense Workflows Automate Sesponse to Critical IT Infrastructure Disruptions
- Health Care Veteran Named Altercare President
- Alta Vista Technology Earns Inc. 5000 Honors for 4th Straight Year
- This AMAZING #homeforsale in @EastBethel has a #motherinlaw suite! PENDING!
- Who Will Win The 2021 US Open Tennis Tournament?
- For the 4th Time, Contracting Resources Group Appears on the Inc. 5000, Ranking No. 3,886 With Three-Year Revenue Growth of 81% Percent
- Woodall Creative Group Honored with Two Communicator Awards for Smart Bubblegum Rebrand
- Stēzo - The Last Dance (Album)
- Author Dorenda W. Madkins to Release Her Final Children's Book in Memory of Trayvon Martin
Similar on eTradeWire
- Verst Logistics Launches New Customer Portal
- For the 6th Time, Zippy Shell, Inc. Appears on the Inc. 5000, Ranking No. 1149 With Three-Year Revenue Growth of 423 Percent
- BYD Announces Dealership Agreement with Material Handling Inc
- Work Truck Week® 2022 returns to Indianapolis with expanded content
- Announcing Two Japan Evening "Light-up" Events in Autumn 2021
- South Shore Line to promote education and spread awareness during Rail Safety Week
- Team Integrity Knowledge Center is Excited to Launch the Mentoring Program for Aspiring Truckers
- L2 Aviation names Bill Darbe as Director of Business Development
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- South Shore Line invites nurses and first responders to ride the train for free
NTEA calls on Congress to repeal the FET as a part of any upcoming infrastructure legislation. Eliminating the FET would provide Congress the opportunity to create long-term stability in the Highway Trust Fund by replacing the FET with a funding source not based on annual truck sales.
"NTEA is a longstanding advocate of repealing the more than 100-year-old burdensome and complex tax, and is a founding member of the Modernize the Truck Fleet coalition," said Steve Carey, NTEA's president and CEO. "We believe repeal will help fleets to replace older and less fuel-efficient heavy-duty trucks with safer and more environmentally friendly new trucks."
Repealing the FET would allow purchasers to more readily integrate cleaner and safer vehicles into their fleet and will help protect U.S. jobs. Additionally, repeal would clear the way to better alternative funding mechanisms for highway repair and maintenance.
More on eTradeWire News
- SLIPPED NOTES by Jack Swift is published by Red Rattle Books
- September 16, 2021 - New Aviation Art By Anthony Saunders
- Design Your Super Longevity Blueprint at RAADfest 2021
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Southeastern New England Area Residents!
- Team Acme Upgrades Facilities For Customer Satisfaction
Senator Young stated, "Our bipartisan bill will open the floodgates to investment in safer and cleaner trucks and trailers that will benefit our economy and the environment."
The FET, originally created in 1917 to help pay for World War I, is the highest percentage excise tax levied by the federal government. Adding the tax on top of the costs associated with the latest emissions technology for heavy-duty trucks forces many small businesses to delay purchasing a new vehicle.
"Our tax policy is one of the most effective ways Congress can encourage cleaner and greener technology. The current federal excise tax has become a barrier to the progress," said Senator Cardin.
For more information on FET, including a copy of S. 2435, the Modern, Clean, and Safe Trucks Act of 2021, visit ntea.com/repealfet. (http://www.ntea.com/repealfet)
NTEA (http://www.ntea.com/) – The Association for the Work Truck Industry represents more than 2,000 companies that manufacture, distribute, install, sell and repair commercial trucks, truck bodies, truck equipment, trailers and accessories. Buyers of work trucks and the major commercial truck chassis manufacturers also belong to the Association. NTEA provides in-depth technical information, education, and member programs and services, and produces Work Truck Week™ (https://www.worktruckshow.com/). The Association maintains its administrative headquarters in suburban Detroit and government relations offices in Washington, DC, and Ottawa, Ontario. NTEA staff are knowledgeable and experienced in a variety of areas related to the work truck industry. Visit ntea.com/meetourexperts (http://www.ntea.com/meetourexperts) to learn more or request an interview.
More on eTradeWire News
- Burning Soul Press Announces Launch of New White-Label Agency: The Ember Project
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking: Program Is A Big Hit With Orange Beach/Gulf Shores Area Residents!
- Boston Scientific to host health series in STEM City USA
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Central Virginia Area Residents!
- 2021 Mensa Select® Winners Announced
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 39 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as "Top Lawyers"
- Enciircle's Optiix brand launches all-new TruChrom Explorer Illuminator
- Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful Encourages Public to Help Veterans During Great Days of Service
- Basset Bustle Extravaganza - October 2, 2021
- Easy Blog SEO Content Optimization for Non-Techie Writers
- Orthodontist in Easton Offering Affordable Braces & Invisalign Now Accepting New Patients
- LBI Region Packs Fall events into a 3 Day Weekend
- CHIME Innovation and Ideawake Partner to Foster Employee Innovation in Healthcare
- NATP announces 2021 Chapter Person of the Year
- Swoop Airline will offer flights to Canada from St. Pete airport | Swoop Airline
- The Effectiveness of Social Media Advertising in 2021
- What is Waukegan State Rep. Rita Mayfield doing in Calumet City?
- Building and Growing a Business Post-Pandemic
- 10 Awesome Advantages Of Social Media Advertising
- A sea of yellow assembles on the Seaside Heights boardwalk at the 8th Annual Celebration of HOPE Wal
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Returns To Wizard World Chicago, Saturday, October 16
- BYU's Max Hall Shares Rebuttal To Make A Wish Board Member After Degrading His Addiction History
- Eight Bit Studios Names Heather Brown as First CEO
- Avenue 21 Marketing | Empowering Women in Business
- Zaui and Norwegian Experience Announce Strategic Partnership