Popular on eTradeWire
- Rosenberg Fans Canada Ltd. will be exhibiting at CIPHEX WEST- 2018 in Calgary 419
- The power of crypto community: The First UK Digibyte Event is on 253
- Fosway launches NEW 9-Grids™ for Cloud HCM and Talent Management 211
- Space Continuum LLC, Wins Contract from Obama Foundation 207
- Newport Digital Marketing for Solicitors | Newport Solicitor SEO 173
- PATRIZIA FIANDRINI - "Gran sera collection 2018 news" 171
- Dr. Noam Arzt named Fellow of the American Medical Informatics Association 151
- Kelly Hyman Attorney, Will Speak at Alliance of Women Trial Lawyers' Fall Conference 2018
- New Amazon Prime Series from Noirtainment "Marisa Romanov" to Debut Teaser at MIPCOM Cannes 2018
- Phastlife Media Group Launches Music Distribution with The Orchard
Similar on eTradeWire
- Freedom Hall presents – Corky Siegel's Chamber Blues and Lynne Jordan, Grand Finale wi
- Kick off the Holidays at Pheasant Run Resort
- Junction Craft Brewing to host Junction City Wrestling event
- Indy Uchiha Release New Single
- Ty-Ron Mayes and Maria Borges Featured in Agenda Magazine Issue 6, "A Matter of Style"
- African American Streaming Service Launches Online Public Offering
- Herbie Hancock to receive prestigious Benjamin Franklin Medal from the Royal Society of Arts
- Supermodel and Actor, Sergio Delavicci Fights Back Against Bullying In Schools
- Pre-Soul Train Awards Women Empowerment Brunch Honors Rap Legend Roxanne Shante
- Stan Lee's Death Mourned In Stunning Tributes By Plotaverse Motion Artists
Acclaimed chamber musicians from Boston and New Hampshire will open the Saint-Gaudens Summer Concert Series with a celebration of Johann Nepomuk Hummel, featuring three of his rarely-heard masterpieces: Piano Trio No. 1, Op. 12; Piano Trio No. 7, Op. 96; and Sonata for Flute and Piano in D Major, Op. 50. The program also includes Or sai chi l'onore from Mozart's Don Giovanni (Hummel studied with Mozart as a child), and Adelaide Opus 46 by Beethoven, one of Hummel's most famous rivals. The ensemble includes Angela Biggs, soprano; Peter H. Bloom, flute; Lisa Ferrigno, violin; Timothy Robert, cello; and Steven Sussman, piano.
Peter H. Bloom, flute, alto flute, bass flute and piccolo,concertizes in the United States, Canada, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand; appears on 40 recordings (Leo Records, 9Winds, Sony Classical, Dorian, other labels); and has given workshops, master classes and lecture-demos across the globe. He is a faculty member of the Snow Pond Composers Workshop; serves as contributing editor for Noteworthy Sheet Music; and is a winner of the American Musicological Society's Noah Greenberg Award. His career encompasses exploratory jazz, new and improvised music, jazz standards, blues, bebop, and diverse chamber music from the Renaissance to the 21st century. The Boston Globe called his playing "a revelation for unforced sweetness and strength," while Jazz Improv hailed his "exquisite melody…the improvisations growing organically out of the theme" and ArtsFuse wrote, "His solos on flute and amplified flute are always highlights of a performance." Bloom has performed with the internationally acclaimed Aardvark Jazz Orchestra for 40 years.
More on eTradeWire News
- Immigration Lawyer Magdalena Cuprys publishes third article in a series about technology & law
- 20,000km to Launch a Book Series
- Attorney Godfrey Muwonge publishes Article in his Instructional Series on Removal Defense
- Actor and Comedian, Tommy Davidson, to Visit Memphis Street Academy
- Nostalgia Family Medicine Announces Newest Patient Treatment Program
- VCPWA's Transportation Department Receives Grant to Enhance County's Traffic Safety Systems
- Jiminy's Selected as Winner of 2018 SEAL Business Sustainability Awards
An active recitalist and chamber musician, Mr. Bloom tours with Ensemble Aubade, the Duo "2" (with pianist/harpist Mary Jane Rupert), mezzo-soprano D'Anna Fortunato, and others, and has performed for New Zealand School of Music in Wellington, University of Canberra College of Music (Australia), Payap University in Chiang Mai, Goethe Institute in Bangkok, University of Canterbury in Christchurch NZ, Mahidol University (Salaya, Thailand), The National Gallery of Art (Washington DC), The Metropolitan Museum, and at colleges and universities across the United States.
A champion of new music, Mr. Bloom collaborates extensively with composers and has given premieres of works by Richard Nelson, Ed Jacobs, Mark Harvey, Elizabeth Vercoe, Tim O'Dell, Peter Aldins, Richard Cornell, John Felice, Paul Brust, Narong Prangcharoen, Marianela Maduro, Len Detlor, Karl Henning, Pamela Marshall, Joseph Fear, Matt Samolis, and others. Original compositions, including numerous works written for him, have been a vital part of his concert tours for more than three decades, across forty states and four continents. He has performed in festivals and series for adventurous music, including the Back Cove Contemporary Music Festival, the Autumn Uprising Festival of New Music, Todd Brunel's Vortex Series for New and Improvised Music, the Ninth Ear Composers Collective, Composers in Red Sneakers, and Underground Composers, among others. In a collaboration spanning 20 years, Peter Bloom and pianist/harpist Mary Jane Rupert (the duo "2") have toured the United States, New Zealand, Australia, and Thailand, performing recent works by U.S, New Zealand and Thai composers.
Mr. Bloom's career in jazz encompasses free improvisation, jazz standards, blues, bebop and the avant-garde. He has appeared with Charles Neville, Jaki Byard, Sheila Jordan, Geri Allen, Taylor Ho Bynum, Walter Thompson, Raj Mehta, Mark Harvey and other notables. A 40-year veteran with the internationally acclaimed Aardvark Jazz Orchestra ("a bracing walk on the wild side of the big band spectrum" JazzTimes), Bloom has performed at hundreds of venues and appears on 15 Aardvark CDs, including 9 discs on Leo Records, one of the world's leading adventuresome music labels. With members of Aardvark, he recorded improvised music for the National Film Preservation Foundation's DVD series Treasures from the American Film Archives, which The New York Times called "one of the best sets of the year."
More on eTradeWire News
- Peachtree Immediate Care Opens 2 New Centers in the Atlanta Area
- Pot Press Perc: Fine Coffee and Tea Supplies from Top Brands
- Consumer51 unveils online calculators for web design, app development, and marketing
- Carry My Cat Shop: Premium Cat Supplies to Enrich Your Cat's Life
- The Art Bar Returns to Scottsdale this December with the "Holiday Art Show"
- Franchise Sales Revenue is More Than Just Event-Based at Totally Nutz®
- 27th Whitaker St. Louis International Film Festival announces award winners and attendance results
Peter H. Bloom is a noted interpreter of early music, and has given period-instrument concerts in the United States, Canada and Europe, appearing chiefly with Ensemble Chaconne (33rd season, praised for "vitality and character, style and verve" – MusicWeb International). He has performed with the group at the National Gallery in London, Atlanta's famed Spivey Hall, the Bach Festival Society of Winter Park Florida, Connecticut Early Music Festival, the Royal Shakespeare Company's residency at Davidson College, the National Gallery of Canada in Ottawa, the 30th Annual Medieval and Renaissance Forum (Plymouth, NH), and the 40th Annual Meeting of the Shakespeare Association of America, among others.
Peter H. Bloom is managed exclusively by Americas Musicworks, Rebecca DeLamotte, Managing Director, telephone: 617-776-8778 Visit: www.americasmusicworks.com and www.noteworthysheetmusic.com
Rebecca DeLamotte, Americas Musicworks
- New Construction Lawyer Enhances Leading Law Firm's Construction and Litigation Capabilities
- Max Weiss Company Recertified as ISO 9001:2015 Compliant for Quality Control
- H-E-B Go Expands to More Stores in Texas
- New Fun Party Game TWISTED SENIORS™ Invented For Older Folks, Great Gag Gift Too!
- Scandinavian Spaces – Modernizing Communication in the Workplace
- Autism Care Today Established GoFundMe Fundraiser for California Wildfire Victims
- Bringing Awareness to Alzheimer's: GranVida Tackles Alzheimer's Head-On
- Fiu Semester Roundup: Cinema Italy Stimulating And Promoting Growing Talents
- PicoProbe™ Glutamate Assay Kit (Fluorometric)
- PoliteMail Founder Michael DesRochers Joins Forbes Boston Business Council
- The League of 1789 Honors NY State Assembly Member Bichotte & PA State Rep. Harris
- WeConcile: The World's First Relationship Restoration Application
- Learn While You Earn with Ticket to Work and Apprenticeship
- Book Author Gives Gilgamesh an Epic Spin
- One stop shop to help you with your Short- and Long-Term Care Planning to Protect against Medicaid
- Mountain Khakis, Catawba Brewing Soulshine Kölsch Raises $6K+ for Catawba Lands Conservancy
- Can Alterations make a Wedding Dress Bigger?
- SwiTrace I-Plug Dry Ice Data Loggers
- Renowned Media Personality John Fredericks Launches WJFN as a Richmond-Area News Talk Radio Station
- Meals on Wheels South Florida Joins Subaru of America in Sharing the Love This Holiday Season