Popular on eTradeWire
- Realistic Salary Expectations for Teaching English Overseas 885
- Las Vegas Walk of Stars to Honor Frank Shankwitz 550
- National Recording Artist Bre Naí has a Live Performance in Louisiana: Media Alert 6/7/2019 9:30PM 165
- New Major Bed Bug Class Action Lawsuit Against Marriott Hotels 114
- Bedfont adds 2 new respiratory specialists to its NObreath® Medical Advisory Board
- Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center Implements Digisonics Solution for OB Ultrasound
- Tourico Vacations Reviews Getaway
- Introducing Noy Marom, "Follow Your Bliss"
- We now stock HP Pavilion 15-CK Laptop Parts
- Author Judith Keim Releases New Women's Fiction, Romance Novel – Change Of Heart
Similar on eTradeWire
- Sustainable Shopping App Giki Launches New Low Carbon Footprint Badge for London Climate Action Week
- Sequoia invents Super-Turbidity methodology (Patent Pending)
- Children's book championing wildlife protection a finalist at BookCon's "The Spark"
- Richmond Hill Hedges and Shrubbery Maintenance
- At Your Disposal Waste Continues Partnership with Central Texas Tiltwall and MHT Constructor
- Programme launched to influence sustainability of 10 billion meals eaten out of home every year
- New Fencing Solutions At Novak Fence, LLC Servicing Troy Mills, IA, Independence, Buchanan County
- City of Lambertville Hosts T-Shirts to Totes Event
- Richmond Hill Tree Cabling and Bracing
- MC Companies Clears The Air On New Smoking Policies
"We are so proud of Elizabeth for working so hard to get her advanced degree and for being accepted into the institute which has a highly competitive selection process," said Jim McCarthy, president of NFLT. "It is amazing how she has been able to balance her studies while also keeping up with all her duties to manage and monitor about 18,000 acres in our portfolio. We are lucky to have someone of her caliber on our team."
The Natural Resources Leadership Institute, or NRLI, program has about 20 Fellows in each class who participate in the eight-month professional development curriculum. The program brings together professionals from a variety of sectors that impact or are impacted by natural resources. It runs August through April and includes intensive three-day sessions held in different parts of Florida which focus on a specific natural resources issue. The Fellows learn the skills, tools and strategies necessary to lead their organizations through natural resource issues, including conflict management, to become an effective leader.
More on eTradeWire News
- Planning Is Key For Putting On A Good Show
- Woni Spotts Becomes First Black Woman to Travel to Every Single Country in The World
- New Brochure Released for the Pharmaceutical Cleanroom Technology Europe Conference 2019
- Pundi X Adds Virtual Rehab's VRH Token to Payment Ecosystem
- Sturges Ridge of Fairfield Goes Purple on "The Longest Day" for Alzheimer's Awareness
McCarthy said, "The knowledge that Elizabeth will gain from the program will be extremely valuable to us as we move toward our goal of preserving 20,000 acres of land by 2020. The skills and tools will help us navigate some of the issues that come up during our negotiations, due diligence and acquisition of preservation lands and conservation easements."
Guthrie joined NFLT first as a part-time employee through a partnership with Talbot Islands State Parks and became a full-time stewardship manager in 2014. She was promoted to stewardship director in 2017. Guthrie manages 10,000 acres of land and monitors 8,000 acres of conservation easements for NFLT. She also oversees the stewardship department.
Guthrie earned her bachelor's degree in medical anthropology and a minor in environmental sciences from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and now has a master's degree in ecological restoration from the University of Florida. She also holds a certificate in geographic information systems (GIS) from The Pennsylvania State University and is a Florida Master Naturalist. She currently serves as a Board member for the Friends of Talbot Islands State Parks.
About North Florida Land Trust
More on eTradeWire News
- Washington Trust Provides $30 Million to Benchmark for Popular New Pond Village Community in Walpole
- How To Build Customer Engagement By Collecting Survey Data And Feedback Forms
- Fromm Pest Control Offering Free Termite Inspections in Time for the Start of Termite Season
- Mirage' Coming To Amazon Prime July 16 | Pre-Order Now
- Hanley Investment Group Arranges Sale of Multi-tenant Pad Building for $901 PSF in Phoenix Metro
North Florida Land Trust is a nonprofit organization that champions environmental protection in its primary, 11-county focus area of Baker, Bradford, Clay, Duval, Flagler, Nassau, Putnam, St. Johns, Union, Columbia and Volusia counties. NFLT is also expanding its reach to the west of the state. NFLT was founded in 1999 and has protected thousands of acres of environmentally significant land including property at Big Talbot Island, Ortega River, Guana River, Little Orange Creek, Keystone Heights and, along the St. Mary's River and other valued natural areas predominantly in Northeast Florida. NFLT is funded largely by private and corporate contributions and works closely with private landowners and public agencies at all levels of government, not-for-profit partners, and foundations. For more information, visit nflt.org (http://www.nflt.org/).
- Lila Nikole Collection Launches Free Spirit At Swimmiami
- Perfect Bedding Company: Memorable Bedding and Furniture to Create Your Ideal Bedroom
- AFEA Expands by Adding Chapter in Carrollton, TX
- Doggy Delight Beds: Premium Dog Supplies and Accessories for Happy Pups!
- Else Nutrition, Plant-Based Food Startup, Receives Huge Welcome on the Toronto Stock Exchange
- Luna Energy Partner's Multi-Warehouse Lighting Retrofit Project
- Your Fishing Fun: Discover Essential Fishing Gear for Memorable Fishing Adventures
- SunTech Drive Announces Nomination for Colorado Companies to Watch Award
- Owens & Brigham Teams with Luna Energy Partners for Massive Energy Savings
- Lipman Family Farms hosts 8th annual Backpack Giveaway
- Mike's Campout: Products to Prepare for Your Next Adventure
- Top Doctor- Dr. Sasha Haberle of Metrolina Dermatology
- Vic Datta is Recognized as an NACD Governance Fellow
- Perle launches DIN Rail Patch Panels
- Enjoy 'Book Now, Pay Later' Offer from KeysCaribbean Vacation Home Rentals for Your Next Vacation in the Florida Keys
- Home Care Assistance Calgary Partners with Dignity Memorial
- Free Shawnee Riverfest VIII Concert Back for Another Year
- InfinityQS Named to Supply & Demand Chain Executive's 2019 List of Top 100 Supply Chain Projects
- Henderson Franklin Welcomes Antoinette Peck to Family Law Department
- CESI's CLC Celebrates A Year of Providing Financial Wellness Program to Local Employers