Popular on eTradeWire
- Mona Clayton, RN Launches Mix & Mentor emPOWER Hour Global Tour at Hotel 50 Bowery 242
- Even Neutral Switzerland Can't Stomach Philip Morris 193
- Goldberg Brothers ships new folding barn door hardware 178
- PC Madness at GWU - Ban Stick Figure Crosswalk "White Man" 175
- Justices Free Up Funding For Trump's Wall 168
- Radio Vet Connie Birth returns to The Spin Awards as the Red Carpet host 163
- Tourico Vacations Adds New Booking Platform With Discounted Home Rentals 8-40% Savings Over Competition 135
- Owner Assisted Yacht Deliveries 120
- The 'Fittest Woman On Earth' Visits Puerto Vallarta 107
- Emily Bertsch Chosen For Hosted Future Leaders In Travel Retreat Event
Similar on eTradeWire
- Auto Loans for any credit situation, GOOD Credit, BAD Credit and Even Bankruptcy
- RANDYS Worldwide® Names Martin & Company Agency of Record
- Can car rental services in Malta help improve the island's problems?
- BYD Showcased Luxury SUV, Hosted Panel at Concours d'Elegance
- 2017 Used Ford Escape For Sale at Good Fellow's Dealership in Toronto
- 2015 Honda Civic Ex For Sale In Toronto
- Milea brings BYD Electric Trucks to New York City
- Solar Electric Microcars now in production in Arizona City
- Where The Cars Are The Stars – 1953 Motorama - Cars Concours D'elegance
- Short Term Leasing - 7-month car lease UK
The British Motor Corporation produced the world famous Mini from 1959 to 2000 with over 5.4 million sold. BMW then purchased the rights and began production of a new MINI model from 2001 to the present.
The Mini has won numerous awards including "Car of the Century" from Autocar magazine in 1995, "Number One Classic Car of All Time" from Classic & Sports Car magazine in 1996, and "European Car of the Century" in a 1999 worldwide poll. The original Mini placed second for "Global Car of the Century" in the same poll just behind the Model T Ford.
The 60th Anniversary Mini Race is held in conjunction with the Columbia River Classic and is sanctioned by the Society of Vintage Racing Enthusiasts (SOVREN), a non-profit racing organization dedicated to the restoration, preservation, and competition of pre-war, vintage and historic racing automobiles since 1985.
More on eTradeWire News
- Wintress Patrice - IAWP Life Coaching has a new home
- Colorado Authors Hall of Fame Launches
- Social Justice Sunday: Jobs, Justice & Education
- Blockchain, Cryptocurrency and the Future of Monetary Policy
- Afghanistan peace talks with Taliban failed under Khalilzad since 2018
"Mini's have been racing at PIR since the early 1960s," explained Event Chairman Eric Newland. What better way to celebrate 60 years of the popular Mini than at PIR in conjunction with America's largest All British Field Meet and an expert group of vintage racers in SOVREN?"
The celebration kicks off with the Friday Welcome Party, followed by the Saturday car show, guided walking tours, BBQ, Giant Slalom competition, People's Choice balloting, a live music performance, Arts, Crafts & Photo Contest, Scavenger Hunt for children, Best in Show awards, and a Land Rover Adventure Ride. Sunday's activities include a Rallye, swap meet and more fun on the PIR track in the Giant Slalom.
Event Sponsors are JET Motors, Seven Mini Parts, and Mini Mania. Spectator admission is $10 each day Saturday and Sunday. The official race website is: http://abfm-pdx.com/2019/MiniRace.
Classic race-prepared Minis and Mini-powered variants from 1959-2000 with a log book issued by a recognized Vintage Racing organization, SCCA, or FIA are invited to participate for trophies in one of four official classes.
More on eTradeWire News
- Day Zero the Series streaming changes
- Emmanuel Renoir Legacy Brand Announces Exclusive Global Manufacturing Partner
- DCI Big Sky Hosts Open House, Community Invited to Tour New Facility
- All-City Classic 302 League - Week 1 Round -Up & Week 2 Predictions
- Pony 4 Precious Offers A Free Scholarship Contest
"PIR is an excellent Mini track, with an extensive history going back to the very beginnings of closed course competition in the Pacific Northwest," said Newland. Racers will enjoy a single event exemption from SOVREN car eligibility requirements for this event. Drivers must hold a valid VMC, SCCA, or FIA competition license and medical to participate.
For Mini racers, Early Bird Registration ends August 23, 2019. Early Bird price $425; Regular price $525; and after September 3rd $575. Entry fee, car classes, and registration is available now by visiting: https://www.motorsportreg.com
For more information about the 60th Anniversary Mini Race contact Event Chair Eric Newland,
Phone: (503) 502-1991 (PST).
- QLAdmin Solutions Chosen to Modernize Operations for William Penn Association
- We Sell Restaurants Sells Nona's Sweets of Charlotte, North Carolina
- Kambrian Corporation Awarded Three-Year Software Contract with Los Angeles World Airports (LAWA)
- Kambrian Becomes Licensed to Perform Low-Voltage Services in the States of CA, NV, WA, and FL
- Pony 4 Precious Announces Their 2020 Scholarship Program
- Kambrian Becomes a Certified Minority and Woman Owned Business (M/WBE) in the New York City
- Kambrian Obtains Contracting Vehicles Schedule 70 and CMAS
- Harvey Oyer's 'The Last Egret' Chosen for Best Student Reading List in the Nation
- 'America's Psychologist' Dr. Jeff Set to Keynote Fathers Incorporated 15th Anniversary Awards & Gala
- KiKi Shepard's The KIS Foundation, Inc. with CIT Bank presents 2019 Celebrity Golf Classic for Sickle Cell Disease Awareness
- First Bancorp of Indiana, Inc. Announces Financial Results and Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Sunknowledge Services: an Efficient Laboratory Billing Services Solution
- Metro Building and Remodeling Group named to Qualified Remodeler Magazine's Top 500 for 2019
- Engleberts Wooden Sunglasses Releases Fall Line Up
- New Stadium Blanket Start-Up Launches in Oregon to Address Cold Weather Sports
- AFEA Expands by Adding Chapter in Novato, CA
- Creighton Construction & Development completes 7-Eleven in Miami, begins 7-Elevens in Florida, Texas
- Educational Enrichment Company for Sale $185,000
- The 17th World Summit of Nobel Peace Laureates: highlighting the program
- Friedman Marketing and Public Relations Joins Unified Strategies Public Relations Network