Popular on eTradeWire
- Cummings Graduate Institute Celebrates New Doctor of Behavioral Health Graduates - 277
- 90% Of Learning In The Workplace Happens On The Job - 247
- Stonehurst Place hosts service members this 2021 Remembrance Day (UK & Canada) and Veteran's Day (USA) amidst newly published WWI history - 229
- Ashikaga Flower Park Celebrates 20 Years of Spectacular Seasonal Light-Ups - 215
- Club Nine Pets Launches Limited-Edition 2022 Collection for Indulgent Dogs and Pet Parents - 202
- Washing Machine Hoses: Water damage restoration may Happen - 174
- UNice Hair Drops The Best And Biggest Black Friday Deals 2021 - 151
- Are Rental and Sales Prices Contracting Or Will Demand Keep Prices Skyrocketing? - 139
- Teen Sensations Glam Squad Releases "Drippin'" feat. King Harris - 131
- The UK Clothing Brand That Is Growing Out Of Of Lock Down - 126
Similar on eTradeWire
- The Career Changers Awards - Celebrating people that are making the world a better place
- Rare House of Picchiotti, Srl Emerald and Diamond Suite Offering
- Year Old Community Podcast Develops into Network Television Show
- My Bear Jeff To Double Bear Donations On Tuesday Giving Day
- National Lacrosse League Promotes Heritage, Inclusion, Service With Launch Of NLL Unites
- Volunteer or Support Efforts for BC Flood Victims
- Author/Composer Elizabeth Rossi releases her first single "Nuvole Bianche"
- Sharifah Hardie Launches "Black Guest List" a New Platform Connecting Authority Black Voices with Media Opportunities
- Ms. Ambassador FoRe! Living Royal/TAC, Rebecca Mapston, is Crowned Mrs. Montana USA Universe 2022
- UNHINGED Reviews Prove That Neal Fox and his Music are Still Relevant at age 74
The resources, which can be accessed for free at youniquefoundation.org, were conceptualized by the Foundation's Education Team beginning in August 2020. "We wanted our online resources to align with our retreat materials and reinforce what survivors had learned at retreat," said Kolene Anderson, Education Manager for The Younique Foundation.
"We knew it was important to provide a clear learning path, whether survivors had attended our retreat or not," Anderson said. "These resources meet survivors wherever they are in their healing journey."
Anderson emphasized that the resources are all research-based and have gone through an in-depth review by the Foundation's clinical staff.
The new online resources provide valuable education on the effects of abuse and offer practical tools and strategies they can use to reduce or manage them. One important feature of these resources is the detailed information they include on the most common symptoms survivors experience, and explanations of why those symptoms are linked to child sexual abuse.
More on eTradeWire News
- Sana Commerce Names EFQOUS it's 2021 Rookie Partner of the Year
- National Black Distance Running Hall of Fame to Induct Reggie McAfee
- Sidekick Accounting Services Awards Accounting Services in 2022
- Jaclyn Cowart Joins RE/MAX Alliance Group
- Romantic Beauty Cosmetics To Launch Diverse New Collection At The Most Competitive Price
The resources also explains how child sexual abuse can have long-term impacts on a survivor's life and how trauma affects the brain and the body, and how feelings of shame can shape a survivor's personal narrative.
Each resource directly points readers to a wide variety of tools and strategies to help survivors manage or reduce the effects of their trauma, she said. These healing practices include things like self-compassion, grounding techniques, paced breathing, practicing boundaries, guided meditation, assertive communication, increased sleep hygiene, sexual health, yoga, Muay Thai, developing aspirational thinking, creating intentional behaviors, navigating relationships, challenging cognitive distortions, and more.
"All the resources are based on fundamental principles presenting in ongoing trauma research. They help a survivor understand that what they are going through is similar to what many others are experiencing," she said. "Each resource makes a clear connection between the impact of trauma on day-to-day life and how survivors can manage those impacts."
The resources can be accessed here (https://youniquefoundation.org/healing-resources/).
Melinda Colton, Communications Manager
- Distroller World Donates Neonate Babies to Nonprofit Miracle Babies Santa's Workshop Toy Drive
- Cabrillo Economic Development Corporation Announces Newest Board Member
- 'Hotspotting the Opioid Crisis' Uses AI and the SpectraMedix Platform to Identify Those At-Risk
- My Hidden Crypto Gem: The Defi DAO Fund
- Hoffman & Associates Announces its Newest Associate
- Maní, in State of Yucatán, Named a 'Best Tourism Village' at UNWTO General Assembly
- Holabird's December Dreams: Premier Americana Auction will be held Dec. 17-19, online and in Reno
- Planejunkie.com announces a New Aviation Book & Print Portfolio by Keith Burns
- Garden City Realty recognizes its top agents of the month
- Annuity.com Endorses Brad Rhodes' New Book Protecting Your Retirement
- TruAmerica Multifamily Closes Debut Workforce Housing Fund Oversubscribed at $575 Million
- Learn Mutual Fund Investing As a Beginner with this New Book
- 6 Common Commercial Construction Projects
- Democrat Ángel Luis Vega declares Candidacy for Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
- New Criminal Complaint Filed in Oxford High Shooting
- Work 365 announces integration with ConnectWise for subscription billing and invoicing
- Toll Brothers at Montaine Offers Two Move-in Ready Homes
- Max Tucci auctions off Delmonico's Restaurant Memorabilia on HGTVs Everything But The House
- Wyplay and Hoppr create targeted advertisement solutions with new monetization opportunities for TV operators
- Country By Choice: Premium Country And Rustic Styled Decorations For Your Home