Popular on eTradeWire
- Ismail Sirdah on How to Enhance Your Marketing Efforts - 161
- Rising Attention on Trauma Recovery Highlighted by Slew of New Products Designed for Mental Health Support - 154
- Central Park Resale (CPR) Brings Consignment, Resale and Thrift Store to Central Park West Community; Location is First Resale Store in CPW Community - 108
- GSP International Airport integrates a new enterprise operations platform offered by Aerosimple - 102
- What to do when someone dies in your family?
- FIXED OPS DIGITAL Announces New Drive Service SPECIALS Product
- David A. Fiensy Releases New Book - The Journey: Spiritual Growth in Galatians and Philippians
- FREE ROKU Channel From ProPics Canada Media Going Live Around the World
- Journey Medical Corp Announces New Journey with the Experts Video Featuring David Gorsulowsky, MD
- Zupervise selected to work in partnership with Facebook Startup Programs
Similar on eTradeWire
- Local Success Story Honored As "Gold Medalist Of Life" By Youth Home That Gave Him A Second Chance
- The End to Gerrymandering in Michigan?
- Yours Humanly Tee Off for Education Golf Tournament, October 25, Rossmoor Golf Course
- Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science Presented With $50 Million Check at Ceremony
- ITEN & Lindenwood University Hosts Women's Entrepreneurship Week 2021
- The State's Top Technologists, Legislators and Educators Honored at Arizona Technology Council's 2021 Governor's Celebration of Innovation
- CNXT Digital Brings Student Life and Family Engagement Together in One Integrated Solution K-12
- An Entertaining and Enlightening Story - Kisaan
- Shirley Nichols Joins Earn to Learn FL as Matched Savings Program Coordinator
- New Student Trustee Joins VCCCD Board of Trustees
They can follow the popular motto "Sue The Bastards" and sue the school boards, and perhaps even the individual school board members, as two different set of concerned parents have just done in Wisconsin, says Banzhaf, noting that his simple threat to sue individual board members forced them to back down regarding a much less serious health risk at schools in Seattle.
In Wisconsin two different set of parents have filed class action law suits against not only such school boards, but also against the individual school board members, for relaxing Covid precautions including mark-wearing requirements, in defiance of recommendations from the CDC and other experts.
More on eTradeWire News
- Wiley's Diversity in Tech Webinar Series Presents "Supporting Neurodiverse Talent in Tech"
- What happens if I cancel my Spirit Airlines flight
- How Much is Seat Selection on EVA Air?
- Charlotte Street To Be Renamed In Honor Of Montford Point Marines
- Art is Better in the Dark On October 29!
One federal law suit lists three different causes of action -  Equal Protection, Affirmative Duty to Protect-State Created Danger (42 U.S.C. § 1983);  Equal Protection, Affirmative Duty to Protect-Special relationship. (42 U.S.C. § 1983); and  Public Nuisance - but the law professor suggests that such suits could charge "child abuse" and/or "reckless endangerment" as well.
Also, while both law suits involve situations in which the children did in fact contract Covid, presumably while in school, parents might want to consider legal actions based simply upon statutes - e.g., those related to child abuse and/or reckless endangerment - which prohibit subjecting children to unnecessary risks.
Banzhaf notes that even threats to sue school board members can sometimes also be effective. It's one thing to be a member of a school board which is sued, and quite another to be a named defendant with its possible impact on one's credit rating, ability to purchase or even refinance a home, etc., he says.
Years ago, for example, he issued a threat from thousands of miles away to sue individual members if the Seattle school board agreed to renew a contract which would have had the school promote the consumption of sugary soft drinks which the professor argued would likely contribute to pediatric obesity.
More on eTradeWire News
- Groom announces iOS and Android app release
- Celebrate Halloween with Hot Deals Inc
- 1017 Brick Squad Records Mack Drama gives valuation of Record Lable
- Do I get refund if I cancel my flight from Turkish Airlines?
- Does The Brand Have The Advantage?
The school board relented, and that incident later led the abolishment of that practice around the country. See, e.g.:
Guidelines Call for Less Soda in Schools; Industry urges companies to sell water, fruit juices, sports drinks (https://www.google.com/url?esrc=s&q=&rct=j&sa=U&url=https://nepc.colorado.edu/files/Imminent%2520Class%2520Action%2520Law%2520Suits%2520Over%2520Soft%2520Drink%2520Sales%2520in%2520School.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiC_qWU3MfzAhXEmHIEHeYGBBUQFno...)
http://banzhaf.net/ jbanzhaf3ATgmail.com @profbanzhaf
- Recruiting Sitters of All Types
- Visionary Dance Theatre presents "Breathe"
- IntriEnergy™ invites investors to help change the solar equation
- MVA Selects Thinklabs One Digital Stethoscope as 2021 Winner of the Best MedT
- SS Innovations MVA 2021 winner Best MedTech Robotic Company in the Field of of Minimal Access
- Evidnt launches an planning solution to identify buyers demographics based on real-time sales data
- Perfect Christmas Gift for those with Mental Health, Depression and Anxiety Challenges
- Venmo Allowing Users to Buy Cryptocurrency Through App
- PSA & Sneakertopia Honor PSA Professional Skate Athletes
- Major Plastic Cleanup Removes 20,000 Pounds of Waste out of the Pacific Ocean
- Boldmere Dental Practice – dental care with a personal touch
- Crystal Dental Care – 24-hour emergency dentist in Wood Green, London
- New to Connecticut! Sell Your House For Top Dollar Without The Hassles Of Listing It!
- Detroit's Jackets for Jobs Turns the Tide on the 'Big Quit' and Toxic Workplaces Winning Best Place to Work 4 Years in A Row
- Emmy® award winning TV Journalist Harry Martin Exhibits Underwater Photos at Piermont Flywheel Gallery October 14th to 31st
- Moviegazoo Will Cover Its Members Complete Salary, If I.A.T.S.E. Union Issues A Strike Order!
- Best Halloween 2021 Deals With Nadula Hair Wigs–Nadula.com
- Hurela Human Hair Wigs Halloween Sale 2021
- Thirty Days of Power lands in the Australian Amazon Hot Releases Top Ten
- Bledsoe International Applies Lanco Products to Provide Waterproof Roof Restoration Systems