Popular on eTradeWire
- USA Today Best-Seller, Jean Rabe, To Release Book Four of The Piper Blackwell Series 226
- Impact Web Solutions Celebrates 21 Years in Business 186
- Garage Doors Offers to Fight Global Pandemic 175
- Les Franklin Protege Of Little Richard Releases New Single 160
- League of Women Voters of PBC Invites Public to 'Hot Topic' Zoom Chat on Affordable Housing 157
- Engineering News-Record MidAtlantic Names Clark Nexsen Design Firm of the Year 154
- Executive Producers Kelsey Grammer and Tom Russo Present Messina Captor Films' "The Salon" Digital Series for 2020 Emmy® Award Consideration 138
- Cole Skincare for Men Launches Black Men Matter Campaign Celebrating Black Fathers Around the Globe 133
- Heated Armor Plans To Take Over the Heated Clothing Industry
- QURECA launches the first Quantum training & recruitment platform
Similar on eTradeWire
- Core Coding Skills for the Hospital Coder
- California League of Schools Names Cathy Perry as Executive Director
- The Playdate Dilemma Many Face
- Improving Parenting Skills Today
- Bilingual Montessori Preschool Is Open Using Social Distance Learning
- AUA College of Medicine Launches International Track for UK Medical Students
- Personal Hygiene Tips for Kids
- The Craig School Announces a New Head of School
- San Joaquin Valley College Announces New Vocational Nursing Program
- Jeanine Miles, MS, LPC Awarded National Bariatric Board Certification
While the gates may be closed to visitors amid the Covid-19 pandemic, Newcastle College continues to prepare for the future, with a Virtual Open Event to be held on Wednesday, 3rd June, offering guidance to students who are unsure of their options.
The exhibition will allow visitors to wander around the college campus and browse subjects and courses at their own pace. Tutors will also be on hand to answer any questions students or parents may have.
"Our monthly Open Events are usually a really big and exciting experience," said Tony Lewin, Principal of Newcastle College. "They offer the opportunity to see the campus, ask questions, and really get a feel for what it's like to come and study here.
"Since we can't hold them right now, we wanted to find a way of recreating that feeling of coming onto campus and seeing everything that we have on offer for the first time. This Virtual Open Event gets as close as we possibly can to that."
More on eTradeWire News
- "The Story of A Cockney Kid" by R. S. Lawrence is published by Grosvenor House Publishing
- Courtney Chicvak Selected to Present at the IACM 33rd Annual Conference
- Kristin Oberholtzer Named Chief Operating Officer of Advantage+
- Robert Feest Insurance Agency a 2020 Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Top Choice Award Winner
- 50% Off Weight Loss Program in July
The event will be hosted on the VFairs event platform from 12 noon until 5pm with virtual exhibition stands being manned by college staff. During the afternoon session information will be provided on courses for 16-18 year olds, adult courses, degree courses, and apprenticeships, while advice about finance and study support will also be available.
Mr Lewin added: "It's an immersive experience. It isn't just a live chat with an advisor. You're able to walk around, look at all of the different areas we offer, and then you can communicate with people however you choose, whether that's through an instant message or by speaking through your microphone.
"It means you can have real conversations, ask questions, and even though it's online and we're still using technology, it offers a really human touch, which I think makes all the difference.
"At the moment, everyone is going through a lot of change and uncertainty and I feel especially for those people preparing to leave school or take their next big step — it must be more daunting than ever. I hope that this event helps make it all a little bit easier for them and gives them something positive to look forward to!"
For more information on Newcastle College's Virtual Open Event, https://ncl-coll-virtualopenhouse2020.vfairs.com/
- Enter to Win a Brand-New 2020 Camaro ZL1 and a Matching Custom 1969 Camaro!
- Car Disposal Need, To Minimise The Environmental Hazards
- HDSA Los Angeles Team Hope Walk Goes Virtual!
- Village Box Cafe Bar And Grill
- "No Mas" Latin Podcast Awards Terminated Registration 24 New Nominated Podcasts
- Distillery Labs and Greater Peoria Economic Development Council Announce Innovative Partnership
- Coming back after Illinois Stay at Home Order
- July 4th, 1776 -- Koei/Tama Cites 'Zero Hedge' "Orwellian" 'Twitter' Coverage In Conspiracy-Fact
- 50% OFF 4TH OF JULY SALE from Dark Regions Press Happening Now at darkregions.com/4thofjuly
- TVS Travel Network Adds Undercover Jetsetter TV Series on TVS TV Networks.Com
- Excerpt from "Of Fury and Fangs" by Kyoko M
- Bikini Supermodel movie Peace Love and Bikinis! on AppleTV in time for July 4th Weekend
- Rebound Air Continues to Give Back
- BIOSHIELD29TM Is the First Flexible, Adhesive Surface Made of Copper to Kill Viruses, Bacteria, and Fungus on Any Surface
- Govinda's Natural Foods restaurant in Tucson, Arizona overcomes adversity, reopens for indoor dining
- Green Revolution's Fruit Chews Win Best Solid Edible at the 2020 Sun Cup
- Santia Deck Makes History Again; First Woman Athlete To Own Sneaker Company
- Income Changes While Receiving a Health Insurance Subsidy
- Pod Clubhouse Launches Podcast, Decorating The Set: From Hollywood To Your Home, With Beth Kushnick
- Brooklyn Borough President Awards Citation To James 'Jay" Hill