Popular on eTradeWire
- Jason Mitchell Is Named #1 Producing Real Estate Agent In Arizona In 2018 185
- Dr. Paul Norwood peer reviews new scientific article related to the treatment of Type 2 Diabetes 142
- Mercury Retrograde Celebrated by Tristate Astrologers on International Astrology Day 2019 127
- Black Diamond PR Firm announces new client, Atlanta Falcons Wide-Receiver, Mohamed Sanu 127
- William J. Bruce III to Return as Host to Aussie Osbourne Show 120
- Music Industry Month End Report for February 2019
- Jill Liberman & Sean Kanan To Guest On The Jimmy Star Show With Ron Russell Wednesday Marcy 27, 2019
- Ahoy Mateys! Pirates with plates are on the horizon
- Subaru of Midland Odessa Partners With MASA, Will Donate 2019 Subaru Outback
Similar on eTradeWire
- HomeCentris Healthcare, LLC Announces the Acquisition of Personal Touch Home Care of Baltimore, Inc
- Advanced Driver Training Services thanks Government Marketplace LLC
- IRS deadline approaching for small, non-profit organizations
- Gladiator Lending Reviews Rise of Debt Scams and Loan Complaints in 2019
- Five Top EWG A Rated All Purpose Cleaners Worth a Try
- MICROJIG named No. 1 brand in safety at Rockler Woodworking and Hardware
- Stojo Announces Additional Color Releases and Retail Launches in Q1 2019
- Frank A. Lauletta, Esq. publishes comment on recent New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act court decision
- Rooter-Man Selected a Top 100 Franchise for 2019 by Franchise Gator
- Mancuso Motorsports Receives Top Dealer Award
On one single dark, wet evening in November, 17 area pedestrians were struck by vehicles in under four and a half hours.
Now a Newmarket based umbrella company, LifeLight Umbrella, is helping to reduce these tragedies with what it bills as the world's first collapsible umbrella built exclusively for pedestrian life safety.
"There is no question our new umbrella can save countless lives particularly during wet, low lighting conditions," says John Vickers, company president. "Pedestrian crashes are increasing in many urban centers across North America and it really is carnage out there on our streets. LifeLight Umbrella was a product idea i have had for some time and these tragedies motivated me to bring that idea into reality."
Among the umbrella's unique features is a bright flashing led light on the roof of the canopy (controlled by an on-off handle switch) and two layers of high visibility light reflective trim designed to alert drivers of a pedestrian's presence from up to 140 meters (450 feet) away at 50km (30mph) speeds. In addition, the umbrella using existing market technology with a built-in led flashlight handle designed to light up a person's body and the ground in front of them. In non-precipitation conditions, the umbrella can also be carried as a flashing light stick.
More on eTradeWire News
- Shell Point hosts Dr. Malissa Wood March 26 to address medical breakthroughs in health care
- Pace Center for Girls, Lee County to kick off Love That Dress! collection series on April 11
- Bobby O's Brings a New Slice of Tulsa Life to Meadow Gold District
- Dermatology practice offers clinical trials
- Improvement of water quality for Ventura County Beaches leads to cleaner water for beach goers
Vickers adds that he also has incorporated additional ideas into his design which include a wind venting system to prevent the umbrella collapsing and keep users safe when crossing windy urban corridors, LifeLight may also be one of the last umbrellas users have to buy as it features a technology pocket designed to fit most common Bluetooth trackers. A tracker has the ability to inform users via their mobile phones they have left their umbrella behind at a premise.
Vickers says feedback from early users of the product in both Canada and in the US has been extremely positive and is hoping to also export his umbrella to other countries. http://www.lifelightumbrella.com
- Campus Safety HQ Online Training and Resource Center for Campus Safety Professionals is now FREE
- Kiss Goodbye To Ms Raises Awareness And Vital Resources To Help Find A Cure For Multiple Sclerosis
- Figural oil painting by James McNeill Whistler will be in Woodshed Art Auctions' April 4th auction
- Non Emergency Medical Transportation Accreditation Commission is Excited to Announce its First Annual Conference
- Robert "Kool" Bell Will Discuss Renewable Energy At Delaware State U
- Daughter of WWII survivors tells family story of triumph over tragedy at Regal Palms Senior Living Residence in Largo, FL
- PMTI announces virtual PMP® Training Course - April 1 to 4
- MMI Charlotte Joins Forces with Roc solid Foundation to "Play It Forward"
- Find Out If It's Possible To Bring Order From Chaos and Personal Tragedy In "Beleaguered Truth"
- Productiv, Inc. Rolls Out Template for Supply Chain Success
- David McCaskill Joins Halff as Director of Landscape Architecture
- Brooke Woods New Single To Country Radio
- Go Behind The Scenes In The New Audiobook "Yes, Ma'am!: Running the Thin Blue Line - A Cop's Memoir"
- Radio Host Neil Henry's Safe Money Book
- Victoria Miningham Brings Classical Music to Millennials with Victoria Opera House
- A Brand New Release: "Mystical Fairies" Written And Illustrated By Judy Mastrangelo
- Childhood Baseball Dreams Are Chased In New Audiobook "The Sons of Chester" Now Available Worldwide
- MedShadow Foundation Announces New Website Launch
- Valeri Bridal Exclusive Collection At Diamond Bridal Gallery
- Carlos Kelly Continues Service as Chairman of the IMAG Board of Directors