Popular on eTradeWire News
- Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja, 7 year old National Anthem singer 517
- Transseed Group Receives Two New Business Designations 218
- Founder & CEO of Market Leader, Virtual Rehab, to be Interviewed By Jane King at NASDAQ 202
- Lil Bub, aka Magical Space Cat, Will Make Special Appearance at Snowcats Cat Convention 196
- International Experts Discuss Safety Problems of Critical Infrastructures at Ural Federal University 192
- How to Manage Arrhythmia in Children? 192
- Share Number System is the New Automated Income System 161
- New talent Asalia White Williams Nominated for NAMMY Award 153
- Kelly Hyman, a Renowned Lawyer to be a Speaker at Women En Mass 2018 131
- Athonet launches BubbleCloud LTE with full integration into AWS IoT Core
Similar on eTradeWire News
- Author Joe Tennis To Have a Book Signing for Swamped!
- Book Publisher Launches Prompt and Draw Series for Young Storytellers
- Don Roberto's Daughter Natasha - Book Review Consideration
- Peggy Palmer Finds Transformative Power in Positivity
- Stephanie Belinda Quinn Narrates "Save the Lemmings," by Kai Strand
- Powerful, Poignant and Profound, "We The Blacks" by Zach Tate garners big win at AALAS
- Peace In The Storm Publishing wins big at the 2018 African American Literary Awards
- Carla Victoria Wallace, Winner in Best Children's Book Category in 2018 African American
- Will Rogers Medallion-Winning Author Tells a Tale of a Rebellious Youth
- Texas Author Brenda A. Haire includes Lakehills Area Library on Her Book Tour
However, through research for a book she was writing, award-winning journalist Margaret Bernstein became aware that the lack of a father figure was being passed down from one generation to the next. Men who grew up without a father in their lives didn't know how to fulfill their own roles as dads because that behavior had never been modeled for them, she discovered.
"As a writer," Bernstein explains, "I wanted to do something to help break that cycle. I wanted to write books that inspired dads to read with their children and help them build a bond."
More on eTradeWire News
- World's Best Virtual Training System Available
- Dallas Bathtub Services Upgrades To Spray In Bathtub Liners For A 20 Year Life Expectancy
- Say Hello to Halloween 2018 and Few Unknown Facts!
- Epitope Mapping Services Are Now Available at Creative Peptides
- Hindus worldwide appalled at vandalizing of Hindu temple in Sydney suburb
- LemonShark Poké Migrates to Visalia with New Store
- UPSL Announces Julio Cesar Davila as New National Hispanic Ambassador of Soccer
Bernstein is now releasing a new book for children entitled "Donuts with Dad" to accomplish just that. According to the author, "This is a fun story that any dad and daughter can enjoy, it's designed to spark lots of conversation and laughter." The main characters are a dad and a daughter of color who embark on a day of creative adventures together.
This is Bernstein's second multicultural storybook aimed at dads. "We want children of color to enjoy reading books that reflect what they look like," she says. "We need diverse books people can relate to."
She hopes dads and daughters will develop a bedtime ritual of reading "Donuts with Dad" together, because numerous studies show that having an active father figure boosts a child's academic achievement and fosters healthy social-emotional development. Daughters in particular benefit—the increased confidence from spending more time with Dad has been shown to increase the percentage of women who embark on nontraditional career paths like science. "One of my dreams is to help inspire dads to understand the important role that they play in their children's lives," adds Bernstein.
More on eTradeWire News
- CertLibrary Offers Discounted Access to Past Exam Questions
- WishYoo Launches With Mission To Change The Way We Celebrate Worldwide
- Handshake Homebuyers Launches New Website
- LemonShark Poké Continues Expansion in Golden State
- 24/7 Commercial Garage Door Repair Florida
- Fondos Latinos (fondoslatinos.com) Signs Agreement with Western Unión Business Solutions
- RealEstateU – Enrolling New Real Estate License Students
Publisher Lisa M. Umina comments, "This book is not only a fun read but an important one. It is accessible and inviting to readers of any level. Bernstein is celebrating involved fathers and encouraging them to be creative and have fun."
The book launch event will be held on Saturday, Oct. 27, 2018 at Café Bon Ami in New Orleans—with an assortment of donuts, of course!
For more information about Margaret Bernstein, visit http://www.halopublishing.com. "Donuts with Dad" is now available at Halo Publishing International, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Goodreads, and Books-A-Million in Hardcover for $16.95, in Paperback for $11.95 and as an e-Book for $6.95.
Press & Media Contact:
Lisa Michelle Umina, Publisher
Halo Publishing International
1100 NW Loop 410, Suite 700-176,
San Antonio, TX 78213 - USA
Halo Publishing International
- Rainbow Village Asks Public to Help Homeless Families Feel at "Home for the Holidays"
- Jazzy Queen of Sass Aubrey Logan Comes to the Weinberg Center
- Privacy & Access Council of Canada Participates in National Digital and Data Consultations
- Tcb Records® Has Announced The Re-signing Of "Indy Uchiha"
- Peak Physical Therapy & Sports Performance announces Mary Donovan as Rehabilitation Aide
- Breakthrough In Accessing The Tiny Magnet Within The Core Of A Single Atom
- Sonu Nigam teams with Grammy winner Jason Goldstein for English Single Release
- "Million Dollar Man" Thomas Kiley, Sr. Expands Legal Umbrella to Include Estate Planning
- Introducing The Mattify Mask Bar: Customizable Face Masks for Oily skin and Acne Prone Skin
- Leadership University brings health care leadership series to Southwest Florida in 2018-19
- This Green Burger Will Give You Nightmares
- Pharad Expands Peel and Stick Appliqué Antenna Offering for L-, S-, and C-band Operation
- DigitalMint Launches Bitcoin Tellers Across Iowa
- SMART Receives Grant from Lakewood Ranch Community Fund of the Manatee Community Foundation
- Love & Pride Relaunches The Erase Hate Pendant To Benefit The Matthew Shepard Foundation
- Bestselling Author and Leadership Coach, Mark Nation, to Deliver Keynote Speech at Startup Week Chattanooga on October 25
- Jeffery Combs, Releases New Podcast: Releasing Anxiety: Living In Flow
- Tee Off For Education Charity Golf Tournament Hosted by Cogenics to Benefit Yours Humanly
- Condition Monitoring of a Mining Quarry for Optimal Production
- Shell Point presents 13th annual Artists and Artisans Holiday Bazaar Nov. 2-3