Popular on eTradeWire
- Ready to Rock the new single Streams over 5 Million on SoundCloud! 132
- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi looks refreshed 111
- 20Lighter Announces Issuance Of First US Patent For Visceral Fat Reduction 103
- Veronica Waldman, A Principal At DWGI, Ratifies Distinguished Ethical Jewelry Pledge
- Emmy-Nominated Hairstylist Jerilynn Stephens Shares 5 "F" Words on Winn Claybaugh's MASTERS Podcast
- Vikki Jones Started a Company Amidst 2008 Economic Crisis, Advises Some COVID19 Employment Victims To Do The Same
- Strat-O-Matic: Dallas, Toronto, Boston Close Out NBA Series With Game Seven Wins
- Veronica Waldman, A Principal At Diamond Wholesale Group, Inc., Implements Cash Referral Program
- PRISM Wealth Management Recruiting Launches The Financial Advisor 100
- Veronica Waldman, A Principal At DWGI, Embraces The Lessons Of "Blood Diamond" & The "KPC"
Similar on eTradeWire
- How to Ward off Boredom Better Than Binging TV
- Let's Party With DJ Palina La Diva
- Art of Brooklyn Film Fest Powers Interactive Digital Edition with New Tech
- Josh Stout Announces Multimillion Dollar Investment in Tulsa's Red Fork Districts Route 66 Corridor
- Royse Contemporary adds Casey Wakefield to its Stable of Artists!
- Royse Contemporary Reopens Gallery with new exhibition "Reconstructed" from Daniel Shepherd
- CryptoArtNet Artists Directory Launches CryptoArtCoin Social Currency $CRAC In Partnership With Roll
- Art Documentary Film "Americart 2019" To Be Distributed by Indie Rights
- Gold City Music announces a NEW CD RELEASE By Former Isley Brother CHRIS JASPER..."For the Love of You"
- Virtual Summer Programs from The Center for Contemporary Art
Placzek's sculpture, which took almost two years to complete, pays tribute to Choctaw culture and its most important cornerstone: family. Six bronze figures, symbolizing the tribe's matriarchs, patriarchs and grandchildren, welcome visitors at the entrance to the medical center. Each figure is adorned in traditional Choctaw attire and features exquisite details, from jewelry and gowns to facial expressions of joy and love. Framed by two large, colorful spires of oak leaves, the life-sized sculptures depict the closeness and respect between the generations.
The beautiful artwork follows visitors into the center's atrium. Twenty-three oak leaves of varying sizes and colors hang from wires suspended from the ceiling, creating the illusion of floating through the air.
More on eTradeWire News
- Socially Wize Selects Phenixx Marketing as PR & Creative Agency of Record
- Colombo Dockyard Ship Repair and Building operations return to New-Normal Levels
- Leonardo & SMi webinar Adapting to the new normal – managing cyber risks to the Utilities Sector
- Empowering Global Ministries Selects Phenixx Marketing as Creative Partner
- One Caribbean TV Journalist Melissa Noel Leads the State of Tourism Panel Discussion Hosted by CACAF
Two more bronze sculptures of Choctaw children can be found in the center's courtyard. Each child, kneeling on large boulders, is holding a butterfly. Behind the figures is a screen of six butterflies that catches the sunlight and creates a display of vibrant color. The scene is one of peacefulness and reflection.
Placzek is proud of his latest creation and what it represents for the Choctaw Nation.
"Working with the Choctaw Nation to create this sculpture installation was an absolute pleasure," he said. "The rich traditions and family values that are cornerstones to the Choctaw culture were inspirational and guided my vision for this project every step of the way."
For over 30 years, Placzek has created spectacular works of art throughout the United States and around the globe. His monumental sculptures can be found at museums, universities, medical centers, corporations, and public parks, among other institutions. In many cases, these dazzling installations have become beloved landmarks, transforming empty spaces into places of unique beauty.
To view more of his work, please visit http://www.placzekstudios.com.
- Summer Camp ONLINE at Theatre School @ North Coast Rep
- Women of Color STEM Conference Partners with the City of Detroit for a Safe Conference Experience
- BW Cyber Services Launches New Solution to Mitigate Ongoing Cybersecurity Challenges
- State of Wisconsin Selects GeoComm for Statewide NG9-1-1 GIS Project
- Unicorn Children's Foundation to Host a Series of Chats for Parent of Children with Special Needs
- MedTrainer Named Best Compliance Management Solution Provider in 2020 MedTech Breakthrough Awards
- Family Law Attorney Ashley Klinck Joins Stange Law Firm, PC in Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Michael Masor Honored With Acclaimed Invitation
- Traci Creighton Earns RENE and e-PRO Certifications
- Advisory Council on Historic Preservation Launches Federal Trades Training Task Force
- Gauging Your Aging Parent's Safe Driving Abilities After The Holiday Weekend Reunion
- Mark Coker Honored With Celebrated Invitation
- Robert Amaya (Courageous, Moms' Night Out) rounds out cast of 'The Farmer and The Belle: Saving Santaland'
- Beta-Mannosidase Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric)
- Launching OneQuantum LLC the Quantum Tech startup community
- "The Adventures of Mr Shakolokobangoshay" by Justus E. Amadiegwu is published
- OrPro Therapeutics Advances a New Inhalation Treatment Approach for COVID-19
- Global rollout for Pcdata's Pick-to-Light Systems at meal kit company Marley Spoon
- Hello Lady, a True American Rock Band
- KDG IT Team in Allentown Helping Remote Workforces Stay Connected