Popular on eTradeWire
- Paige Dimakos named CEO of The Draft Network
- Great Kids Books You Never Knew Existed
- Readiness Associates forms strategic partnership with CloudOak
- Casual workers left out to dry by Broxbourne Council during pandemic
- TVS Flashback Network.Com Showcases A Dozen More Color Classic TV Shows on WatchYour.TV
- Will Mark Zuckerberg have to change facebook name?
- Abintegro launches revolutionary AI interview training tool
- What is sustainable construction?
- Today Donna Smith Bellinger Sales Consultant Presents "Sales for people who hate to sell" Seminar Online
- Former UK Environment Minister backs revolutionary plastic that solves pollution issues
Similar on eTradeWire
- L2 Aviation receives FAA STC approval for Ka-band system installations on Boeing 767 aircraft
- Dialysis Clinic, Inc. Completes the Largest Dialysis Clinical Trial in the United States
- Winners Announced for iGEM's 2020 Premier Synthetic Biology Innovation Competition
- Cancer Screening Dogs Helps Early Detection Of Cancer Using Dogs
- TEDxTemecula Hosts Online Watch Parties in Lieu of Annual Live Event
- Galaxy Diagnostics Launches the Most Sensitive Test Available for Direct Detection of Lyme Disease
- Thiel College facility improvements boosts students and local economic development
- Gamry Instruments Introduces a High Voltage Test System for EIS up to 20kHz
- BEYOND REMISSION: Words of Advice for Thriving
- Jet-printing microfluidic devices on demand
As another outside-the-box idea which might also be worth at least some consideration, a well known scientist has suggested a cosmic alternative to fight global warming - one which does not require any reduction in the emission of carbon dioxide, nor even difficult-to-enforce widespread international cooperation - and which might even cost less then some of the drastic emission restrictions now being considered, suggests professor John Banzhaf of George Washington University, who has a degree from MIT and two U.S. patents.
More on eTradeWire News
- Warning: Amazon Credits Non-existent Ghost Reviewers And Refuses To Acknowledge Them
- Announcing My Live Bookkeeper-QuickBooks Expert Helps Small Business Owners & Staff Learn QuickBooks
- Single Operated Newsletter - How PaidLetter.Com Makes It Easy
- "The Yuletide Caper" is a Fun Holiday Escapade Filled with Romance, Hope, and Goodwill
- How to Reduce Your Anxiety at the Dentist Office
However, Banzhaf notes that providing a remedy for the more immediate problems of gradual global warming, on a time scale now being considered by many governments and scientific bodies, would require a much less drastic change in the earth's orbit which might in the near future become feasible, especially considering the huge costs and major modifications in life style that the alternative of reducing carbon emissions would entail.
In theory, and perhaps maybe even in practice, large asteroids could be nudged out of their current orbits, and into new ones in a position to help sling shot Earth, by techniques such as a nuclear blast on the asteroid's surface, having an unmanned spacecraft collide with an asteroid at high velocity, or a combination of both.
While Professor Banzhaf is certainly not proposing that we abandon plans to limit greenhouse gases in favor of a cosmic nudge strategy, and recognizing that all these orbit-changing possibilities would be enormously expensive, he does suggest that this novel idea be at least considered and evaluated, and compared to the huge economic costs of either slashing the emission of greenhouse gases, or using massive solar geoengineering.
- Identity: The Podcast Religious Influences Feat. Taylor Corum
- Excellent Condition Used Mazda3
- New York's Auto Dealers Deliver Thanksgiving Turkeys for those in Need
- Ministry founder Eunice Forson releases new book on uniting faith communities
- IntegraCare provides Thanksgiving meals for team members' families
- Female Voices Rock Film Festival Goes Virtual
- Denver Metro HVAC Company Reaches Out to Help One Special Veteran Family Stay Warm This Winter
- ProSource Diesel,Where Repair Shops Shop for Hard-to-Find Truck Parts and Kits, Celebrates Anniversary!
- City Barbeque CFO Diane Reed named to Columbus Smart 50
- Manfredi joins rural transportation advocacy group
- The Scientific Meal Planner brings evidence based meal planning to the public
- Councilmember Vincent Manfredi endorses Amber Liermann for city council
- Lehigh Valley Dental Implants are a Natural-Looking, Long-Lasting Missing Tooth Solultion
- Dental Implants in Philadelphia Helping Patients Speak, Eat, & Smile with Confidence
- JD Merit Advises Apex Linen Service on Chapter 11 §363 Sale
- Esri Silver Business Partner, Bay Park DS, Awarded the Esri Release Ready Specialty Designation
- Clocks, watches, art glass, signed jewelry and lamps all do well in Miller & Miller's Nov. 21st sale
- Actress Ashley Forrestier Stars in New OWN Reality Series "Put a Ring on It"
- "Reflections: More Tales from Tipperary" by Edward Forde Hickey is published
- 2016 Brown Volkswagen Jetta Sedan for Sale!