Popular on eTradeWire
- Motaz H Matar's Virtual Tour for New Book The Pigeon Whisperer - 255
- Female Founders Pitch Summit Commits To Fund More Women-Led Companies - 205
- Titan Funding Solutions – Competitive Financial Options for Business Development - 197
- Words fly off the page as learning goes through the roof for Kindergarten - 193
- Judge Orders End to Detaining Immigrant Children in Hotels - 181
- Proudfoot & Savigent Introduce Operational Resiliency Excellence - 178
- Khoja Consultants facing corporate espionage - 175
- Calling all artisans: New platform introduces low-fee marketplace for independent artists - 158
- Global Ingredient Solutions Welcomes Richard Hersey as VP of Sales - 133
- Ancient Astronauts - Releasing This Week On DVD & VOD
Similar on eTradeWire
- Blaqq Production Wins Their First Award for their First Project
- International Spy Reveals Secret Past/Future Concerns
- The Nail Tech Chronicle, A New Comedy Short Film
- New Documentary Film Debuts on Amazon Prime About the 1893 Columbian Exposition in Chicago
- Great Mysteries Of The Sphinx - Releasing This Week On DVD & VOD
- Wild Weekend Planned for Int'l Wild Bunch Film Fest in Willcox Arizona, Oct 2/4
- Lakeshore Studio 4 Releases Behind the Scenes Promotional Video for Trabajando Fisheye Lens Kit
- Multiracial Black Toronto-based Filmmaker Releases Short Film On Police Brutality
- Sound Mind Films Releases Full Length Feature Film "Against The Grain"
- Haddonfield NJ Home Brokered by AM Realty Advisors Selected for Holiday Commercial by Giant Food Stores
New to the behind the scenes work in the film industry, Jaheyla Jones (https://www.imdb.com/name/nm10447307/) has directed, written, produced and starred in Millenial Sketch Show,. As a young black woman and actor, Jones, struggled to get roles and auditions. She spent much of her time trying to fit into the film world as just an actress, never truly feeling seen or even fulfilled.
A year ago, Jones (https://www.instagram.com/jaheyla/) decided to stop waiting for the moment she would be welcomed into Hollywood and decided to create her own opportunities. She founded Blaqq Productions, (https://www.blaqq.net/) a company that centers communities of colors and a variety of voices. It was here that she started writing, directing, and truly enjoying the world of film.
More on eTradeWire News
- Introducing Tulsa Pampered Chef
- Dystopian Films is launching an anthology to include 50 horror shorts THE UNITED STATES OF HORROR
- Women's Aha Camp Celebrates 10 Years during Covid Chaos by Creating ahas!@home
- VYVO Enables VyvoPay On Its Life Watches
- TVS Cartoon Network Adds A Dozen Classic Cartoons to the 24/7 Ad Supported Post Cable Network
Eventually, Jones felt like she was ready to create and direct her first comedy sketch. Using all her free time to perfect the script, she was able to come up with something truly remarkable. When it came to filming, Jones loved the process and seeing her own work come to life.
"I had no idea what I was doing, I was just going with my gut and learning on the job" Jones explains her process for the Millenial Sketch Show, "I'm so happy with how it came out!"
Eventually her work caught the eye of curators for the Black Women in Comedy Festival. (https://www.bwicf.com/) This is it's second year and has supported many up and coming actors, directors, and writers.
"I am so humbled and happy to have been invited to this festival. This is my first time doing anything like this and it's been such a validating experience" Jones explains.
This festival will feature many debut's including Jones'. In order to keep everyone safe and abide by CDC guidelines, the festival will feature a drive in screening. Jones is excited to be a part of this community as a new director and filmmaker. She is currently working on other creative projects and jobs and hopes sto share this same success again.
- How Fanola no Orange Mask Effectively Nourishes Your Hair | Stabeto
- New Jewellery Brand that Takes Inspiration from the 20th Century Modern Movement
- DonnaInk Publications, Beat Deep Books Imprint, "Faces of Rap Mothers - Book Two" - correction
- Celebrating National Pancake Day with Craig Carlson
- EP Release Inspired by One Woman's Story Rallying for Necessities at War Times
- Become an "Agent of Healing" in Your Community
- Laughingcleaver Imprint releases, "Quarantina," by comedic humorist Wayne Tatum
- San Mateo Serviced Apartment Leader Key Housing Announces Featured Apartment Community
- Owner of Criminal Defense Lawfirm in Hayward, CA releases video for Small Business Owners
- Palm Beach Business Lawyer Blog publishes new post
- New BrainTrain TNT Reading System includes Neurofeedback
- The Real Business Team - Building Black Wealth
- Bling Galore Paparazzi Jewelry Parties are here to stay!
- Identity: The Podcast COVID Consumption: An Overview featuring Tochi
- Items in Your Home That You Should Not Forget to Clean
- Streamed Lecture: Women in Italy, women composers in the 18th Century, and Maria Teresa Agnesi
- TRENIQUES: Jasmine Metivier talks modeling
- Panel Built Structures Create a Series of Temperature Screening Solutions
- PYNKTALKS Welcomes Rachel Richardson Entertainment Stylist
- 143VINYL Adds StarMask 900 Stencil Film to Product Line