Popular on eTradeWire
- Color Code Security System, Fintech and Crypto Solutions Launched by Starcave Global 529
- Owner Assisted Yacht Deliveries 435
- The 'Fittest Woman On Earth' Visits Puerto Vallarta 386
- Golf & Luxury When You Visit Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel Romantic Getaway 372
- Emily Bertsch Chosen For Hosted Future Leaders In Travel Retreat Event 365
- Tenon Tours Recognized As A Five-time Honoree Among Inc 2019 5000 Most Successful Companies 249
- New WordPress Plugin Feature: Line Chart Graphing 194
- Learn How to Build a Website From Scratch With Space Doggos 2 186
- American Airlines cancellation policy due to weather 177
- Creighton Construction & Development completes 7-Eleven in Miami, begins 7-Elevens in Florida, Texas 174
Similar on eTradeWire
- WWI Paris Comes To Life In The Little Palace
- A Cosmic Legacy: From Earth to the Stars - Author Publication Anniversary!
- North Carolina's own, H. M. Trey returns with "Her Heart, His Soul."
- Children's Book Now Part of the Collection at the Maison de la Littérature
- A Crisis of Faith in America Has Led to Bold & Crazy Faith
- Oleb Books Bay Area Book Tour Featuring Readings from Disability Anthology
- "A Bridge for Christmas" from William Schwenn Receives outstanding Midwest Book Review
- Chicago Tween Raising Money to Donate Lupita Nyong'o's Children's Book to Elementary School
- College is an investment - Don't Waste Your College Tuition
- Author Cyndi Friberg Releases New Historical Romance - Overlord
The book, which was written by veteran dance music journalist Matt Anniss (IDJ, DJ Magazine, Resident Advisor, RBMA Daily), is the first of a string of titles in the works from Velocity Press, a specialist non-fiction publisher of electronic music and club culture books founded by Colin Steven, the former editor/publisher of award-winning drum & bass magazine Knowledge.
Colin Steven said: "Although I'm mainly known for publishing magazines, I'm no stranger to book publishing. I published Brian Belle-Fortune's All Crews book back in 2004 and even now it continues to sell well. Its success is the main reason I'm launching Velocity Press. I've always enjoyed reading non-fiction books about rock music history but dance music still only has a few decent titles. It's over 30 years since acid house and there are so many wonderful stories just waiting to be told."
Velocity Press's first title, Join The Future, tells the previously untold story of British dance music's first sub-bass revolution, tracing the origins, development, impact and influence of bleep techno, and the subsequent musical styles it inspired, on UK club culture. The book is based on five years of research and hundreds of hours of fresh interviews by Anniss, who previously co-authored The Vinyl Owners Manual with Patrick Fuller for Haynes Publishing.
More on eTradeWire News
- Fairfield Gourmet Food Corporation - The Parent Company of David's Cookies Announces the Acquisition of Foxtail Foods
- Doosan Machine Tools Selects MachBase Time-Series Database for Enhanced Edge Computing Capabilities
- Michael Szymanski Earns NAR Short Sales and Foreclosure Resource® Certification
- Otter Learning Expands Childcare Presence in Orlando
- International Grief Institute Advisory Board Member Announced
Join The Future is not out until December but if you pre-order it now via the Velocity Press website, you'll receive it in November signed by the author and with your name in the credits.
The independent publishing company's second title is still being confirmed. "It's hopefully a book on the British club culture that was originally published in the late 90s but has been out of print for years," Colin Steven said. "There are also a few artists I'm speaking to about publishing their autobiography. However I don't want to only publish historical titles, I also want Velocity Press to reflect what's happening now in electronic music regardless of musical genre or sub-genre."
Velocity Press is a new independent book publisher specializing in electronic music and club culture non-fiction operating from London. Learn more at https://velocitypress.uk
- CGI Franchise Launches a New Website
- Comedian Marc Yaffee Brings His Mid-Laugh Crisis Comedy Show To Seattle
- Wireless Mini Recessed Door and Window Security Sensor
- Bystronic Introduces ByStar Fiber Laser Cutter with 12kW Fiber Power
- WIFA Closes $6.2 Million Loan With the City of Peoria
- Mrs. Fields Introduces Limited Time Only Fall Cookie: Caramel Pecan
- Scottsdale Philharmonic announces programs for fall concerts
- Susan G. Komen® Miami/Ft. Lauderdale More Than Pink Walk™ Takes Place October 12
- Rachele Royale Featured on the Movie Soundtrack ½ New Year released on Comedy Dynamics Network Scr
- University Archives October 2nd online auction is packed with 240 lots in many collecting categories
- Unicorn Children's Foundation Announces 2019 Community Inclusion Awards
- Adam Cupples named to Board of Directors for South Shore Habitat for Humanity
- Big Bear Brewing Company wins Grand Champion in 25th annual USBTC
- Camp N Goes: Trendy & Exciting Camping Supplies
- September 23 Deadline Nears for Women United Flagler Chapter Grant Applicants
- We The Creative develops three 2018 Year In Review reports for City of Long Beach
- Mobile Cannabis Lounge Tours Land in Los Angeles
- Aron Blue Tells the Truth About Mermaids
- Cat Tree Plus: Charming Cat Trees and Other Supplies
- Celebrate New Year's Eve in Havana, Cuba and improve the lives of the Cuban people