Popular on eTradeWire
- Jason Mitchell Is Named #1 Producing Real Estate Agent In Arizona In 2018 185
- Dr. Paul Norwood peer reviews new scientific article related to the treatment of Type 2 Diabetes 142
- Mercury Retrograde Celebrated by Tristate Astrologers on International Astrology Day 2019 129
- Black Diamond PR Firm announces new client, Atlanta Falcons Wide-Receiver, Mohamed Sanu 129
- William J. Bruce III to Return as Host to Aussie Osbourne Show 120
- Music Industry Month End Report for February 2019
- Jill Liberman & Sean Kanan To Guest On The Jimmy Star Show With Ron Russell Wednesday Marcy 27, 2019
- Ahoy Mateys! Pirates with plates are on the horizon
- Subaru of Midland Odessa Partners With MASA, Will Donate 2019 Subaru Outback
Similar on eTradeWire
- Daughter of WWII survivors tells family story of triumph over tragedy at Regal Palms Senior Living Residence in Largo, FL
- Find Out If It's Possible To Bring Order From Chaos and Personal Tragedy In "Beleaguered Truth"
- Go Behind The Scenes In The New Audiobook "Yes, Ma'am!: Running the Thin Blue Line - A Cop's Memoir"
- A Brand New Release: "Mystical Fairies" Written And Illustrated By Judy Mastrangelo
- Childhood Baseball Dreams Are Chased In New Audiobook "The Sons of Chester" Now Available Worldwide
- Energize Your Spirit with New Book on Explosive Faith
- Celebrated Singer-Songwriter, Photographer and Poet, Paul Kloschinsky Receives Top Honors in the 2018-2019 Reader Views Literary Awards
- Sci-Fi Author Announces Continuum To Revolutionary Space Opera Series
- We must be much more careful when choosing whom to trust
- Savant Books and Publications announces its 2019 March Madness Sale!
Celebrity freshman Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez recently called the Electoral College a "shadow of slavery's power on America."
Veteran Congressman Steve Cohen of Tennessee went a step further by introducing a constitutional amendment to replace the Electoral College with a direct national popular vote. Cohen noted, "In two presidential elections since 2000 ... the winner of the popular vote did not win the election because of the distorting effect of the outdated Electoral College."
The controversy certainly predates 2000 or 2016—as explained in the book, "Tainted by Suspicion: The Secret Deals and Electoral Chaos of Disputed Presidential Elections" by Fred Lucas.
The Electoral College is essentially the star of the book, published by Stairway Press, which delves into every presidential election where a president won without the popular vote. Understanding the current debate takes understanding the history.
More on eTradeWire News
- Malaysia's Healthcare sector responding affirmatively to the 4.0 era with values-based approach
- UK's only single patient handling equipment maintenance and management provider announces dig
- Generation Glamp: The Rising Trend of Glamping in Australia
- Restore Datashred is now a compliant Service Level Provider PCI-DSS
- Wisconsin Annual Blues Harmonica Festival 2019!
"Tainted by Suspicion" retells the story of the 1824 election when Andrew Jackson won the popular vote—but lost to John Quincy Adams when the election was decided by the House of Representatives. Barely a decade after the Civil War, the 1876 prolonged post-election fight between Rutherford B. Hayes and Samuel Tilden nearly hurled the nation into another war. It was more peaceful transition of power in 1888, when the Republican candidate lost the popular vote but ascended to the White House. This wouldn't happen again until 2000 and 2016.
For readers that enjoy a good historical What-If, "Tainted by Suspicion" includes interviews with leading historians and political insiders about how the nation and world would have looked different if any of these elections had gone the other way—which could have happened so easily.
Lucas, the author, is a veteran White House correspondent with The Daily Signal and a regular contributor to Fox News and other outlets.
To learn more go to: http://www.stairwaypress.com/book/taintedbysuspicion/
Send interview inquiries to fvl2104-at-caa.columbia.edu
- Teen Author Anyé Young is Featured Speaker for FAMMilies for Justice Reform Conference
- Demand For Mountain Cabins Spurs New Opportunity For Investors
- Internationally renowned female mural artists coming to San Diego in September
- Winners of Disruptive Startup Summit 2019
- Secret Garden Gala raises over $725,000 for Kids' Minds Matter
- Miami LGBT Minority Business Receives Wiley Ruby Award
- Toni Newman of St. James Infirmary Wins Legacy Award for San Francisco TDOV 2019
- Shell Point hosts Dr. Malissa Wood March 26 to address medical breakthroughs in health care
- Pace Center for Girls, Lee County to kick off Love That Dress! collection series on April 11
- Bobby O's Brings a New Slice of Tulsa Life to Meadow Gold District
- Dermatology practice offers clinical trials
- Improvement of water quality for Ventura County Beaches leads to cleaner water for beach goers
- Dr. David B. Sudderth earns certification in brain injury medicine
- Local PODS® and 100.7 KHAY Heritage Country station are going LIVE together for ticket giveaway
- Strand summer camp offers a full theatre training experience
- Empowered Speaker Event – Public Speaker Training in Hutchinson Island, Florida
- Conservancy of Southwest Florida collects 12 ADDY awards for outstanding print, digital campaigns
- Campus Safety HQ Online Training and Resource Center for Campus Safety Professionals is now FREE
- Kiss Goodbye To Ms Raises Awareness And Vital Resources To Help Find A Cure For Multiple Sclerosis
- Figural oil painting by James McNeill Whistler will be in Woodshed Art Auctions' April 4th auction