Popular on eTradeWire
- Snell & Wilmer's Heidi McNeil Staudenmaier Among Attorney Intel's Top 25 Arizona Attorneys
- iLogistics Tecnologia Nombrado Uno de los Mejores Lugares Para Trabajar en Santiago
- The Market at 3 West Ridge Benefiting HUGS & P.A.C.K. to Be Held Feb. 7-9
- KingdomAdvertising.net Advertising Kiosks are now available at Car Washes and Gas Stations
- Knobull Provides Job-Winning Resumes Custom-Tailored To You!
- The Schmidt Boca Raton History Museum Announces Several Special Events in January & February
- Snell & Wilmer Announces New Partners and Counsel
- Zekri Reelected to the Association of Family Law Professionals Board
- DFCR Gathers Support for New York State to Adopt Universal Cannabis Product Symbol
- W.D.O.P.E. Dopetrackz Radio - Rap Music Station THE INTERNET'S #1 Station for Underground Rap
Similar on eTradeWire
- Recent MANTS visit and upcoming garden shows!
- 2023 Book Award Winners Announced
- Pandamoon Publishing Announces Release of TO KILL A UNICORN by DC Palter
- Photography Book Makes Black History Month Fun
- Quanta Joins Vagobond Magazine as Fashion Editor Vagobond Magazine is pleas
- Graphic Connections Group's Jeff Charlton Named to Titan 100
- Husband and wife writing team delight young readers with a rollicking sequencing story
- Author Azaliya Schulz, releases her new book on Healthy Eating Habits
- Katlyn Duncan's Nonfiction Release "The Successful Hybrid Author" Offers Tips for Writers
"SCAM" is a compelling guide on modern-day scams, which cost consumers billions of dollars annually. It includes information on over 30 of the most common types of scams, including ones that involve email, shopping, finances, and standard payment apps like PayPal, Venmo, Zelle, and Cash App.
"Consumer fraud and scams have skyrocketed since the pandemic, especially with today's economic concerns. As a result, con artists are increasingly preying on innocent victims' vulnerabilities, fears, and uncertainties," stated Oje. "I wrote this book after seeing how many honest, decent people fall victim to scams every year. It's quite disturbing, and I felt compelled to offer assistance in any way possible."
More on eTradeWire News
- MusicWorks Presents THE BUCKINGHAMS & THE BOX TOPS at The Parker on Feb 17
- "Fiverr Embraces the Disruptive Power of AI with a New Category to Keep Entrepreneurs Ahead of the Competition"
- Maximize Your Profit: Tips from Collectors Coins & Jewelry on Selling Gold Jewelry Safely and Effectively
- Truly understand competencies to undertake competency management the right way
- Libby Booth Donation Challenge raises money for Wellness Center
Oje's concern and desire to help people avoid being victims intensified when she learned that close friends and family members had also been scam victims and how much they lost.
In addition to providing information on common scams, the book offers easy tactics to thwart scammers and best practices if a fraudster has already victimized you. It includes examples of scam text messages, emails, and voicemail scripts, a list of red flags, and general tips to avoid becoming a victim.
'SCAM: How to Avoid the Scams That Cost Victims Billions of Dollars Every Year' is 221 pages and is now available in regular and large print in eBook, paperback, and hardcover formats at leading book retailers and e-tailers. For more information, go to https://scam-thebook.com/.
About the Author
Hope Oje is an accomplished writer and editor who has written countless articles about scams on Medium.com and was recently quoted in a story about scams published on The Street. She also actively participates in "scambaiting" where she poses as a potential victim in an effort to waste the time and resources of scammers, gather information useful to authorities, and publicly expose fraudsters. Hope holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communication Studies from Northeastern University and is working on her Master of Science in Business Analytics degree at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst.
More on eTradeWire News
- Quietum Plus Reviews 2023 (Urgent Customer Update) Fake Results Exposed! Buyer Beware
- Author Readings and Discussion with Jamie Fiore Higgins, Frank May, and Wes Sherman
- Steven Simicich esq. Recipient of the Distinguished St. Francis of Assisi Award
- NEAT Glass Expands Credibility and Popularity as International Official Spirits Judging Glass
- Chesline Pierre-Paul, CEO of Chesline Inc. and DEI Expert, Sheds Light on How to Optimize Profits
- Ian Black Real Estate hires assistant property manager
- A Black history primer on African Americans' fight for equality – 5 essential reads
- Phoenix, Power Force deliver 10 games on two boards to IGS fans
- Sonnenblick-Eichner Co. Arranges $50 Million Construction Loan for Luxury Utah Resort Development
- Luxury Swimsuit Brand Matte Collection Debuts Haute New Polychrome Swimwear Line
- New Jewish Theatre presents "Every Brilliant Thing" starring Will Bonfiglio 3/16 - 4/2
- Entrinsik Board Announces New CEO
- Questions To Ask Before Starting A Home Renovation
- Muller Law Firm Provides Options to Reduce Risk
- The Institute for Islamic, Christian, and Jewish Studies Launches Initiative for Maryland Chaplains
- Ann Arbor Dojo Can Teach You Japanese Swordsmanship
- ThrottleNet Again Named Top Cybersecurity Firm By Small Business Monthly
- Michigan Debt Collection Agency Can Collect Equipment Leasing Debt
- Ann Arbor Chiropractor Can Correct Poor Posture
- Knobull Streamlines Presentation Techniques That Turns Stress Into Enjoyment
- Halfacre donates $1,000 to teacher for trip to serve as panelist for White House Initiative
- Single-Visit Dental Crowns Available in Center Valley
- Virgin Experience Days announces two senior appointments to accelerate US growth strategy
- Appleton WI Physical Therapy Clinic Presents New & Faster Pain Relief Treatment
- Tony Topping Releases New Book - I, Alien: Memoirs of a UFO Spy