Popular on eTradeWire
- Las Vegas Walk of Stars to Honor Frank Shankwitz 318
- Miller Homes Yorkshire Shares Ambitious Plans At End Of New Homes Week 2019 291
- Jes Marie's "Party in the Sun" may just be the song of the Summer! 279
- National Recording Artist Bre Naí has a Live Performance in Louisiana: Media Alert 6/7/2019 9:30PM 148
- Brothers Awarded Civil Air Patrol Congressional Gold Medal 145
- Island Intellectual Property Sues StoneCastle for $172 million 110
- Defining Digital: Extremist Content Chided, Super Mario Maker 2 Teased, Netflix's "Lelia" + more 106
- New Major Bed Bug Class Action Lawsuit Against Marriott Hotels
- Formula Cloud: Titans Microsoft, AWS, Alibaba and Oracle Traverse Cloud by Building Partnerships
- The Big Bang's "Super Asymmetry" Isn't Just Bazinga
Similar on eTradeWire
- A Willow Valley Historical Romance
- Learn The Delaware River Valley History Prior To The Founding Of Philadelphia In "Before Penn"
- LLA takes on the sequel to The Missing F_ctor, The Business End!
- Battle Beasts and Monsters In "Franklin Hobbs and the Quagmire of Darkness" By D. Hudson Hallow
- Francis Bacon Makes Comeback as Shakespeare Authorship Candidate
- "Blind Focus" - A Woman Is Forced Into Hiding in Romantic Thriller
- Are Some Of Us Doomed At Birth To Fail, Find Out In "Dancing To Broken Records" By Author Jack Moody
- 90 Days to a Glass Half Full Lifestyle Book by Chris Edwards Napa Available on Amazon
- Black Opal Books takes on Ann Howell's novel, The Red Tin Chocolate Box!
- 'Effing Simple' author gets practical about business advice
Jeff Doran answers this important question, as well as many others. His new book, Ramble On, chronicles hiking's roots in alpinism and mountaineering, the societal trends that fostered its growth, some of the early hikers from the nineteenth century, the first trails built specifically for recreational hiking, the formation of the first hiking clubs, as well as the evolution of hiking gear and apparel.
The book also includes several anecdotal stories of trail development in some of our oldest and most iconic national parks, as well as the peculiar and quirky traditions of some of the early hiking clubs. The book also discusses the mores of the Victorian Era, which dictated what women could and could not wear while hiking. In fact, Doran remarked that "One of the most compelling stories I found was the apparel women were forced to wear during the Victorian Era, and the danger those fashion standards posed to women who dared to venture into the mountains."
More on eTradeWire News
- Leading PEO, INFINITI HR, Attending PrismHR LIVE 2019 in Boston
- Ferguson Case Orr Paterson Partner Named to 2019 "Rising Stars" List
- A Willow Valley Historical Romance
- IFA Selects Daniel Mormino, SVP of INFINITI HR, to the IFA Supplier Forum Advisory Board
- Tattoo tycoon open to radio interviews
Ramble On also takes a look at some of the issues that currently impact hikers and trails, such as overcrowding and social media, and takes a peek into the future on how some of these trends could unfold. The author explains some of the solutions public land managers are currently considering, while also offering a few suggestions himself.
The book is now available at Amazon:
About the Author:
Jeff Doran grew up in Cincinnati, Ohio, and now resides in Louisville, KY. A graduate of Xavier University, Jeff has worked in the marketing areas of several Fortune 500 companies before starting his own online hiking trail guide business. After many years of hiking in some of America's most beautiful national parks, Jeff founded HikingintheSmokys.com, RockyMountainHikingTrails.com, HikinginGlacier.com and TetonHikingTrails.com, which provide detailed trail information, as well as many historical anecdotes. In addition to being an avid hiker and a passionate history buff, Jeff is also an avid cyclist.
- Dr. Mark L. Shatsky Joins The Emory Neurophysiologic Institute (EM-NPI) - www.emoryinstitute.org
- Facelift procedure and potential complications explained by Plastic Surgeon Dr. Tansar Mir
- New CEO, Board of Directors and Sale of Class A and Class AA shares
- 2019 HIM Professional Census Reveals Opportunities in Revenue Cycle
- How To Lose Weight And Keep It Off
- Lennar's Everything's Included® Model Homes Now Open at Indigo at The Village of Escaya
- LDSS Announces Camp Buddy 2019 in Chatham, Effingham
- Bass Fishing Pros: Fishing Gear That Creates Memories
- Patio Swag: Premium Patio Furniture and Outdoor Goods
- Living Outdoor Essentials: Incredible Garden Decor and Furniture
- Punctual Abstract Now Offers Association HOA Certification Estoppel Letter Services
- Three Rivers Cultural Festival Regional Coalition Awarded 2019 Commemoration, American Evolution Finale Grant
- Carlisle Auctions Kicks-Off Summer with its Second Annual Summer Sale
- Transaction Announcement - Music School
- OrgFrontier™ Viable/Non-Viable Cells Separation Kit
- \Café Centro in West Palm Beach Celebrates the Birthday of Singer/Showman Rob Russe
- Transaction Announcement - Escape Rooms
- Citizen input vital to stopping proposed changes to Lee County lime rock policy at June 19 meeting
- El Dorado Furniture is now hiring for its new location in St. Petersburg!
- Adenosine Monophosphate (AMP) Colorimetric Assay Kit