Popular on eTradeWire
- USA Today Best-Seller, Jean Rabe, To Release Book Four of The Piper Blackwell Series 226
- Impact Web Solutions Celebrates 21 Years in Business 187
- Garage Doors Offers to Fight Global Pandemic 175
- Les Franklin Protege Of Little Richard Releases New Single 161
- League of Women Voters of PBC Invites Public to 'Hot Topic' Zoom Chat on Affordable Housing 157
- Engineering News-Record MidAtlantic Names Clark Nexsen Design Firm of the Year 155
- Executive Producers Kelsey Grammer and Tom Russo Present Messina Captor Films' "The Salon" Digital Series for 2020 Emmy® Award Consideration 138
- Cole Skincare for Men Launches Black Men Matter Campaign Celebrating Black Fathers Around the Globe 133
- Heated Armor Plans To Take Over the Heated Clothing Industry
- QURECA launches the first Quantum training & recruitment platform
Similar on eTradeWire
- DelMar Aerospace Corporation Announces New Leadership
- Senseeker Establishes In-House Wafer Testing Capability
- BEPeterson – Trusted Manufacturer of Northrop Grumman Reservoir Vessels
- Registration is now open for the 21st Annual Military Airlift and Air-to-Air Refuelling Conference
- Takeo Tama Outlines USA Invasion Hypothesis, Audience Reacts Shocked & "Calmed" Over War Sentiments
- Peter Dyson & Mathew Levy Pleased To Be Chosen As Florida Super Lawyers
- Global Intel Source - Rethinking Defence and Security
- Century Fasteners Corp. – James Harding, Promoted
- Do Black Lives Matter in the Federal Government? Plaintiff, Mary Pitt Contends
- Top Five Reasons to attend Unmanned Maritime Systems Technology 2020
As author Piscitelli demonstrates, the USMC has maintained its position as the nation's foremost striking force while shifting its thrust from a reliance upon attrition to a return to maneuver warfare.
The author enjoyed "inside" assistance in preparing this important study from many of the leading figures responsible for the transition to maneuver warfare. It includes a multitude of important interviews and insights with several former Generals, including John Kelly and James Mattis (current Chief of Staff and Secretary of Defense for President Trump, respectively).
"The Marine Corps Way of War is the story of how our Marine Corps transitioned away from the traditional attritionist posture of warfighting in the post-Vietnam era," states Piscitelli. "The Corps' exceptionalism and ethos is responsible for this move to its current maneuverist under-pinning's, which has enhanced its ability to project force in any battle-space. Only by the Marine Corps' exceptionalism and ethos could this have been accomplished during the Al Gray Renaissance years."
More on eTradeWire News
- Hospital Memoir Both Hilarious And Poignant
- Inspiring Book is Tool of Hope for Those Affected by Addictions
- "The Story of A Cockney Kid" by R. S. Lawrence is published by Grosvenor House Publishing
- Courtney Chicvak Selected to Present at the IACM 33rd Annual Conference
- Kristin Oberholtzer Named Chief Operating Officer of Advantage+
The institutionalization of maneuver philosophy began with the Marine Corps' educational system, analyzing the actual battle-space of warfare—be it humanitarian assistance, regular set-piece battles, or irregular guerrilla war—and the role that the leadership cadre of the Marine Corps played in this evolutionary transition from attrition to maneuver. Piscitelli explains the evolution by using traditional and first-person accounts by the prime movers of this paradigm shift. This change has sometimes been misportrayed, including by the Congressional Military Reform Caucus, as a disruptive or forced evolution. This is simply not the case, as the analyses by individuals from high-level commanders to junior officers on the ground in Iraq, Afghanistan, and elsewhere, demonstrate. The ability of the Marines to impact the battlefield—and help achieve our strategic goals—has only increased during the post-Cold War era.
"The author does an admirable job of chronicling the ingenuity and adaptability of the Marine Corps in cutting through the fog of war to stay ahead of potential enemies. A dramatic and intriguing story," writes Bernard E. Trainor, Lt. Gen. USMC (Ret.).
Throughout The Marine Corps Way of War, one thing remains clear: the voices of the Marines themselves, in action or through analysis, describing how "the few, the proud" will continue to be America's cutting-edge in the future as we move through the 21st Century. This new work is must-reading for not only every Marine, but for everyone interested in the evolution of the world's finest military force.
More on eTradeWire News
- Robert Feest Insurance Agency a 2020 Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Top Choice Award Winner
- 50% Off Weight Loss Program in July
- Allison Quartuccio and Denali Realty Group Win 2020 Top Choice Awards
- Reasons to Trust Our Experts and Avoid DIY
- TVS Nostalgia Network.Com Adds 100 More Classic TV Shows to the Free Streaming Post Cable Network
About the Author: Anthony ("Tony") Piscitelli, Ph.D., is currently an adjunct professor in the Global Transportation Department-SUNY Maritime College, teaching graduate and undergraduate Maritime Security classes. He is an acknowledged expert in security and anti-terrorism physical and electronic security systems specializing in blast, ballistic, and forced entry mitigation.
Dr. Piscitelli played an active role in Global War on Terrorism, Operation Enduring Freedom, and Operation Iraqi Freedom for the Departments of State and Defense. Dr. Piscitelli has spent a significant amount of time working with Arab Christians at risk in Palestine, Lebanon, Jordan, and Israel. His efforts here are directed at educational scholarships, affordable housing, and the development of the LutheranChurch's EcumenicalCenter at the Jordan River Baptismal Site. In addition, Dr. Piscitelli has been a benefactor for both the Marine Corps Law Enforcement Foundation, the Marine Corps Council of New York City, and the Marine Corps' Semper Fi Fund.
- BIOSHIELD29TM Is the First Flexible, Adhesive Surface Made of Copper to Kill Viruses, Bacteria, and Fungus on Any Surface
- Govinda's Natural Foods restaurant in Tucson, Arizona overcomes adversity, reopens for indoor dining
- Green Revolution's Fruit Chews Win Best Solid Edible at the 2020 Sun Cup
- Santia Deck Makes History Again; First Woman Athlete To Own Sneaker Company
- Income Changes While Receiving a Health Insurance Subsidy
- Pod Clubhouse Launches Podcast, Decorating The Set: From Hollywood To Your Home, With Beth Kushnick
- Brooklyn Borough President Awards Citation To James 'Jay" Hill
- Urban League WIC Programs Vital Resources For Enjoying Southern Nevada Summer In Safe, Fun Ways
- Fishman & Associates - Designing the Food and Beverage Areas for the new Sheraton Hotel in Bradenton
- Minorityfinance.com Facilitates PPP Business Financing for Black Law Firm
- Calling All Media Companies: Hurry! This Halloween Promotion could make Millions for Media Companies
- Learn How to Maneuver the IRS Rules for a Real Estate Professional
- To Us Below debut "Fear Connected" Music Video
- WEARABLE WIDGETS TECHNOLOGIES CORP. Presents Widgets Making Tracking Health and Fitness Data Easier
- Kentucky REALTORS® Confidence Continues To Rise
- Facing New Pressure, "REDSKINS" Likely to Change "Racist" Name
- Physicians Working Together | 5 Years and Counting
- I AM Empowerment Movement -the State of Black Women Roundtable
- Brighton Publishing releases "Heir to the Throne III" from author Gregg Brown
- TVS Sports Network.Com Adds 100 More Classic Sports Shows For Summer Holiday TV Watching