Popular on eTradeWire
- So Mr.Curtis' Name Is Called at Mail Time! - 113
- Syxsense Workflows Automate Sesponse to Critical IT Infrastructure Disruptions
- Health Care Veteran Named Altercare President
- Who Will Win The 2021 US Open Tennis Tournament?
- For the 4th Time, Contracting Resources Group Appears on the Inc. 5000, Ranking No. 3,886 With Three-Year Revenue Growth of 81% Percent
- Alta Vista Technology Earns Inc. 5000 Honors for 4th Straight Year
- This AMAZING #homeforsale in @EastBethel has a #motherinlaw suite! PENDING!
- Woodall Creative Group Honored with Two Communicator Awards for Smart Bubblegum Rebrand
- Author Dorenda W. Madkins to Release Her Final Children's Book in Memory of Trayvon Martin
- Stēzo - The Last Dance (Album)
Similar on eTradeWire
- Naval Postgraduate School Foundation celebrates 50 years of support to students, innovation
- Interview released with the 10th AAMDC, US Army Europe, ahead of Air Missile Defence Technology 2021
- MG Facility Services Awarded $30 Million, Multi-Year Contract With The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- MBA Mortgage Corp. Receives Honorable Mention for the DAV'S Outstanding Small Employer of the Year
- One Hundred dollars is Waiting For You Courtesy of The State of Wisconsin
- General Skip Vincent to Headline PESA AFCEA Webinar
- Interview released with Captain (N) Timothy Thompson, US Navy ahead of Airborne ISR 2021 Conference
- Century Fasteners Corp. – Chris Brooks, Mid-South Regional Sales Manager
- Boston Industrial Solutions, Inc. Introduces M1200 large image Pad Printing Machine
- PESA Crypto Module Achieves NIST FIPS 140-2 Certification for Secura IP Video Distribution System
As author Piscitelli demonstrates, the USMC has maintained its position as the nation's foremost striking force while shifting its thrust from a reliance upon attrition to a return to maneuver warfare.
The author enjoyed "inside" assistance in preparing this important study from many of the leading figures responsible for the transition to maneuver warfare. It includes a multitude of important interviews and insights with several former Generals, including John Kelly and James Mattis (current Chief of Staff and Secretary of Defense for President Trump, respectively).
"The Marine Corps Way of War is the story of how our Marine Corps transitioned away from the traditional attritionist posture of warfighting in the post-Vietnam era," states Piscitelli. "The Corps' exceptionalism and ethos is responsible for this move to its current maneuverist under-pinning's, which has enhanced its ability to project force in any battle-space. Only by the Marine Corps' exceptionalism and ethos could this have been accomplished during the Al Gray Renaissance years."
More on eTradeWire News
- LSI Welcomes Gary Brophy As Level IV Controls Engineer
- SLIPPED NOTES by Jack Swift is published by Red Rattle Books
- September 16, 2021 - New Aviation Art By Anthony Saunders
- Design Your Super Longevity Blueprint at RAADfest 2021
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Southeastern New England Area Residents!
The institutionalization of maneuver philosophy began with the Marine Corps' educational system, analyzing the actual battle-space of warfare—be it humanitarian assistance, regular set-piece battles, or irregular guerrilla war—and the role that the leadership cadre of the Marine Corps played in this evolutionary transition from attrition to maneuver. Piscitelli explains the evolution by using traditional and first-person accounts by the prime movers of this paradigm shift. This change has sometimes been misportrayed, including by the Congressional Military Reform Caucus, as a disruptive or forced evolution. This is simply not the case, as the analyses by individuals from high-level commanders to junior officers on the ground in Iraq, Afghanistan, and elsewhere, demonstrate. The ability of the Marines to impact the battlefield—and help achieve our strategic goals—has only increased during the post-Cold War era.
"The author does an admirable job of chronicling the ingenuity and adaptability of the Marine Corps in cutting through the fog of war to stay ahead of potential enemies. A dramatic and intriguing story," writes Bernard E. Trainor, Lt. Gen. USMC (Ret.).
Throughout The Marine Corps Way of War, one thing remains clear: the voices of the Marines themselves, in action or through analysis, describing how "the few, the proud" will continue to be America's cutting-edge in the future as we move through the 21st Century. This new work is must-reading for not only every Marine, but for everyone interested in the evolution of the world's finest military force.
More on eTradeWire News
- Team Acme Upgrades Facilities For Customer Satisfaction
- Burning Soul Press Announces Launch of New White-Label Agency: The Ember Project
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking: Program Is A Big Hit With Orange Beach/Gulf Shores Area Residents!
- Boston Scientific to host health series in STEM City USA
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Central Virginia Area Residents!
About the Author: Anthony ("Tony") Piscitelli, Ph.D., is currently an adjunct professor in the Global Transportation Department-SUNY Maritime College, teaching graduate and undergraduate Maritime Security classes. He is an acknowledged expert in security and anti-terrorism physical and electronic security systems specializing in blast, ballistic, and forced entry mitigation.
Dr. Piscitelli played an active role in Global War on Terrorism, Operation Enduring Freedom, and Operation Iraqi Freedom for the Departments of State and Defense. Dr. Piscitelli has spent a significant amount of time working with Arab Christians at risk in Palestine, Lebanon, Jordan, and Israel. His efforts here are directed at educational scholarships, affordable housing, and the development of the LutheranChurch's EcumenicalCenter at the Jordan River Baptismal Site. In addition, Dr. Piscitelli has been a benefactor for both the Marine Corps Law Enforcement Foundation, the Marine Corps Council of New York City, and the Marine Corps' Semper Fi Fund.
- Christine Chirco Joins Srote & Co Architects
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 39 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as "Top Lawyers"
- Enciircle's Optiix brand launches all-new TruChrom Explorer Illuminator
- Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful Encourages Public to Help Veterans During Great Days of Service
- Basset Bustle Extravaganza - October 2, 2021
- Easy Blog SEO Content Optimization for Non-Techie Writers
- Orthodontist in Easton Offering Affordable Braces & Invisalign Now Accepting New Patients
- LBI Region Packs Fall events into a 3 Day Weekend
- CHIME Innovation and Ideawake Partner to Foster Employee Innovation in Healthcare
- NATP announces 2021 Chapter Person of the Year
- Swoop Airline will offer flights to Canada from St. Pete airport | Swoop Airline
- The Effectiveness of Social Media Advertising in 2021
- What is Waukegan State Rep. Rita Mayfield doing in Calumet City?
- Building and Growing a Business Post-Pandemic
- 10 Awesome Advantages Of Social Media Advertising
- A sea of yellow assembles on the Seaside Heights boardwalk at the 8th Annual Celebration of HOPE Wal
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Returns To Wizard World Chicago, Saturday, October 16
- BYU's Max Hall Shares Rebuttal To Make A Wish Board Member After Degrading His Addiction History
- Eight Bit Studios Names Heather Brown as First CEO
- Avenue 21 Marketing | Empowering Women in Business