Popular on eTradeWire
- Color Code Security System, Fintech and Crypto Solutions Launched by Starcave Global 510
- Owner Assisted Yacht Deliveries 433
- The 'Fittest Woman On Earth' Visits Puerto Vallarta 378
- Golf & Luxury When You Visit Villa Premiere Boutique Hotel Romantic Getaway 367
- Emily Bertsch Chosen For Hosted Future Leaders In Travel Retreat Event 360
- Tenon Tours Recognized As A Five-time Honoree Among Inc 2019 5000 Most Successful Companies 246
- New WordPress Plugin Feature: Line Chart Graphing 191
- Creighton Construction & Development completes 7-Eleven in Miami, begins 7-Elevens in Florida, Texas 172
- American Airlines cancellation policy due to weather 172
- Wreath Fineries at the Wineries! 159
Similar on eTradeWire
- We Insure Group, Inc. names a new Chief Revenue Officer, Peter Crowe
- We Insure Group, Inc. names a new Chief Development Officer, Chris Pflueger
- New study looks at whether your business writing is effective
- Industry Expert Keith Raymond Joins MVP Advisory Group
- Cavignac & Associates Selected by IIABA as "Best Practices" Agency for 13th Straight Year
- Nevada Insurance Enrollment: Why Lying To Your Auto Insurance Company May Have Serious Consequences
- Summit County Government and Town of Breckenridge Commit to Peak Health Alliance for Employee Health Insurance
- Betty Arellano Honored With Influential Invitation
- Warren Elkins Honored With Prominent Invitation
There are several reasons for the transition away from HealthCare.gov. Ultimately, the goal is to provide Nevadans with more affordable health insurance coverage, easier access to the plans that they need and to maintain the state's autonomy.
Reducing Health Insurance Costs
Once Nevada Health Link has fully transitioned to its own platform, the state will no longer have to pay the costs associated with leasing the HealthCare.gov platform. This will significantly cut down both on technology fees and the costs associated with running a call center. In fact, making the transition to its own enrollment platform will save the state more than $18 million over the course of the contract. It will also provide a better experience for enrollees while providing the Marketplace with more efficient access to user data and trends. This will enable the state to further improve health insurance marketing efforts.
By running its own marketplace, the state will only pay out a little over $5 million for a five-year contract, saving millions of dollars in operating costs over time. These lower costs mean lower rates for health insurance providers and savings that may be passed along to consumers.
Better Access to Health Insurance Coverage
Along with financial considerations, the transition away from HealthCare.gov will enable more Nevadans to access health insurance coverage. Nevada Health Link has obtained state-of-the-art technology that provides a more intuitive, streamlined user experience. This will equip Nevadans with better self-help tools, giving them the ability to do more on their own and reduce the need for waiting on the phone to get help with routine questions and problems. This will speed up the application process.
More on eTradeWire News
- Lexigo launches Fred—the cloud-based productivity tool for freelance translators
- Barbu Beard Co. Releases Newest Scent Profile - THE SHAMAN - See Film @barbubeardco
- 9:30 am Saturday, October 5th - Blessing of the Animals Celebration at the Church of the Apostles
- New York Outdoor Writers Association (NYSOWA) Returns To Cortland For Its 51st Fall Conference
- Lexy Panterra Teams Up With VOILÀ In New Exotic Pop Single
Maintaining Nevada's Autonomy
State autonomy is a high priority for Nevadans and is essential in ensuring that state residents have access to the health insurance coverage that they need. Currently, Nevada's Exchange has been largely subject to the rules set at the federal level for HealthCare.gov. By transitioning to a state-based exchange, Nevada Health Exchange will have full autonomy and the freedom to run its own marketplace and focus on the needs of Nevadans.
This isn't the first time that the state has attempted to transition to a private enrollment platform; residents may recall that Nevada operated its own health insurance exchange just a few years ago. Unfortunately, there were too many technical problems to resolve, and in 2015, the state transitioned to the HealthCare.gov enrollment platform. This made health insurance more easily accessible and provided a better customer service experience for enrollees, though it came at a pretty significant cost.
In September, the website will launch and the call center will open, and in October, customers will be able to go online and view available health insurance plans. Beginning in November, customers will be able to enroll at Nevada Health Link.
In Nevada, GetInsured will provide both the actual technology platform and the customer assistance call center. GetInsured is an IT vendor with a proven reputation for successfully building private health insurance exchange platforms. Currently, the GetInsured platform is being used to power seven state-based exchanges. The platform is also used by dozens of business partners for health insurance marketplaces across the country. In fact, last year, about 1.5 million Americans used GetInsured to enroll in health insurance.
The ultimate goal of Nevada Health Link is to leverage innovative, proven technology to provide a better experience for Nevadans at a lower cost. This will allow the Exchange to operate more efficiently, and provide a better overall customer service experience.
More on eTradeWire News
- Conference Teaches Women Recession-Proof Strategies by Turning Purpose into a Paycheck
- Treasure Coast PGA Business Trade Expo October 2nd
- No Rinse Wafer Processing Adhesive (WPA) For Up To 330ºc With 0% Residual
- First True American Football Boardgame, combining gaming with authentic football strategy
- Author Cyndi Friberg Releases New Historical Romance - Overlord
Currently, it's estimated that 91,000 Nevada residents purchase health insurance through HealthCare.gov. These enrollees will most likely have a new way of enrolling in a program through the state by 2020. The open enrollment period for the new program will begin in November of 2019. This will give residents an opportunity to log into the website and view available insurance plans. When they're ready to sign up for a health insurance plan, they can simply contact a health insurance agent from Nevada Insurance Enrollment to get clear guidance through the whole process.
As health insurance continues to see changes on both the federal and state level, Nevadans may find it a challenge to find the right health insurance plan for their needs. At Nevada Insurance Enrollment, health insurance agents specialize in helping clients find the health insurance policy that provides the coverage that they need at a price that they can afford. Health insurance agents can also help to navigate the new platform, ensuring that the enrollment process is as quick and easy as possible. To learn more about the enrollment process or to talk about the best health insurance plan for their needs and lifestyle, Nevadans can contact Nevada Insurance Enrollment directly.
Nevada Insurance Enrollment
4260 W. Craig Road suite #150-A
North Las Vegas, NV 89032
Nevada Insurance Enrollment
- Bangla Bass Ventures into the World of Trap
- The Peace Bell Foundation In Hopewell Junction NY Celebrates Its 10th Anniversary
- New Stadium Blanket Start-Up Debuts on Amazon, Targets Cold Weather Sports,Tailgating & Camping
- For Advertising Wk (9/23-26) Some very Essential Advertising Math that Every Business needs to Know
- Fighting Racism For One And For All, One Shirt at a Time!
- The Behavioral Wellness Center at Girard Celebrates Recovery Month
- Pinellas parents, teachers, principals and students inspired by Pinellas County Council PTA event Keynote Speaker
- "Detectives" Hunt for Dystonia Cure in Garfield Park
- eFactor Network awarded - 'Excellence in Finance - Companies' award at FiNext Conference, Orlando
- Delray Beach Craft Beer Fest Announces A Nightbeer Before Christmas
- Folio Financial awarded the 'Excellence in Finance — Companies' award at FiNext Conference, Orlando
- Old School Square Announces 2019-2020 Season Launch Party, Friday Night Fever
- Puzzle Pieces Marketing growing together with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater San Diego
- The Fifth Annual Bra Project Announced for October to Benefit DragonBoat Beaufort
- Noted author delivers message of triumph of the human spirit to students at Bishop McLaughlin Catholic High School
- Palmieri Sees South Florida Residential Construction Becoming More Eco-Friendly
- Achieving Great Customer Service – An Innovative Approach That Really Works!
- AVANTE to Expand its Container Tracking System and Services for Worldwide End to End Cargo Container Security
- World Famous Heisman Trophy Hits Mossy Nissan
- AFEA Expands by Adding Chapter in Arlington Heights, IL