Popular on eTradeWire
- Mona Clayton, RN Launches Mix & Mentor emPOWER Hour Global Tour at Hotel 50 Bowery 116
- Even Neutral Switzerland Can't Stomach Philip Morris
- Variety – The Children's Charity of Wisconsin CEO on Modern Living with kathy ireland®
- Justices Free Up Funding For Trump's Wall
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Abilene Celebrates Topping Off
- Goldberg Brothers ships new folding barn door hardware
- Shuvu Banim Announces Israeli Rabbi Eliyahu Merav Video Statement of Support for Rabbi Berland
- Radio Vet Connie Birth returns to The Spin Awards as the Red Carpet host
- Macy's Caves Over "Fat Shaming," But Maybe It Works
- Lyn Ross of Institut' Dermed Prize Winner in the 2019 Skin Games Compassionate Category
Similar on eTradeWire
- Join WOMBA at the 5th Annual SHIEC Conference
- Insurance Navy Brokers Introduces New Health Service CareClix
- Kelsey Turnage joins RHSB (Roach Howard Smith & Barton)
- Leading specialty risk advice businesses MBS Insurance & Complete Risk Analysis join forces
- Douglas Palais Honored with the Commonwealth Award by the Independent Insurance Agents of
- Fleet Response Gathers User Feedback and Celebrates Partnerships at Annual Event
- The US takes their fourth win at FIFA Women's World Cup!
- New Geico Insurance Commercial Appears To Feature Take Off On Marshall Barnes' Verdrehung Fan
- Utah Insurance Professional Wins The Jed Mayfield Award For Excellence
- Flagler County's Largest Title Agency Adds Former 911 Operator to Team
One phrase that has cropped up repeatedly as the U.S. government works to find a solution to the country's healthcare problem is "single-payer health care system." Unfortunately, there is a lot of misinformation surrounding this system, making it difficult for many to understand what a single-payer system is, and just as importantly, what it isn't.
Currently, many Nevada residents rely on a health insurance plan for protection from the high cost of medical care and access to necessary routine and preventative care. Oftentimes, this health insurance is provided through employer-sponsored programs into which employees pay for coverage for themselves and their families.
However, not everyone has access to an employer-sponsored plan. In these instances, an individual health insurance plan may be purchased through the Marketplace. This generally has higher out-of-pocket costs but is considerably more affordable than the medical bills that would arise in the event of a major illness or injury.
Unfortunately, for many, health insurance is a significant cost burden. Even those who have access to an employer-sponsored plan may have a hard time affording their monthly premium.
More on eTradeWire News
- How to Play Sudoku - How to Solve a Sudoku for Beginners
- Chicago rapper shares five tips for upstart musicians
- My Family's Favorite Crock Pot Dinners
- Fishman & Associates Supports Design of the New Café Venice
- Military Writers Society of America (MWSA) Announces its 2019 Season Awards Finalists
One solution that has been offered as a way to reduce healthcare costs is a single-payer health care system. This system is one in which there is one party, or payer, that collects all health care fees and covers all health care costs.
In theory, a single-payer system could reduce medical costs because there would be significantly fewer entities involved in the system, thus cutting down on administrative costs. Rather than billing individual insurance companies, healthcare providers would bill one entity for the medical services provided. Patients would continue to receive comprehensive medical care as well as the freedom to choose their medical care provider.
Medicare is an example of a mostly single-payer health care system that we currently have in place. Medicare beneficiaries have private insurers to choose from, but the government is the main purchaser.
While single-payer healthcare has been generically referred to as socialized medicine, it is, in fact, a vastly different than socialized health care. With socialized medicine, the government owns the hospitals, purchases the technology, such as MRI scanners and X-ray machines, and employs doctors, nurses and specialists. This system is used around the world with varying degrees of success.
Single-payer health care, however, is not the same thing as socialized medicine. While there is a common payer in charge of covering a majority of the medical care, that payer does not own the technology or the hospitals, and it does not employ the medical care providers. Furthermore, the payer is not necessarily the federal government; in theory, it could be the state or even a health insurance company that secured 100 percent of the market share.
More on eTradeWire News
- John Travolta To Make Wizard World Debut In Chicago, Saturday, August 24
- Best Empowering Book By A Latino 2019
- A High-Flying Online Web-Store Selling Silver Jewellery Announces Its Latest Collection Of Silver Rings
- Greater Twin Cities Honda Dealers Giving Away a 2019 Honda Passport at Minnesota State Fair
- Lola's Lashes bring game-changing magnetic lashes and eyeliner to the UK
To find out more about current health insurance options, consider speaking with a health insurance agent.
Learn more: https://www.nevadainsuranceenrollment.com/auto-insurance-las-vegas-nevada/
About Nevada Insurance Enrollment:
Nevada Insurance Enrollment offers the best insurance plans at the lowest price possible. They are a local Las Vegas, family owned insurance agency that works hard to fit you into the smartest, most affordable insurance that meets your needs.
They care about you, they work for you, they're experienced and they're local. They are the insurance experts, let them guide you. Talk with a friendly, knowledgeable, licensed insurance agent. No agent fee and no charge for their service. They don't just sell insurance, they actually care.
Auto | Home | Health | Life | Medicare | Funeral/Cremation | Group Health | Short Term | Dental & Vision | Travel Insurance
Nevada Insurance Enrollment
4260 W. Craig Road suite #150-A
North Las Vegas, NV 89032
Nevada Insurance Enrollment
- EMI Filters for PWM-Driven Motors Prevent Bearing Damage and Reduce EMI in Equipment
- Can we wrap, letter and decal your entire fleet of trucks, no matter how big or small? YES, WE CAN!
- New Graphic Design Service Offers Unbeatable Prices
- Stride Movers Announces Free Moving Supplies Promotion
- Learn about the Opportunity Zone in Flagler County Aug. 20
- Concierge Auctions' Summer Mountain Auction Kicks off with Six Global Sales and Record Price in Wyoming
- Dustin Burrows resigns as caucus chair amid allegations, will Burrows make a statement?
- The Partnership to Provide Detroit Jazz Fest Shuttles Continues
- Interview with Dr. Tony Nettleman of Nettleman Institute of Land Surveying Engineering Technology
- Amateur Treasure Hunter From New Mexico Wins The Tesla Dream Giveaway!
- Experienced Financial Advisor Chooses Cutter & Company in Launching Her Own Independent Firm
- IoT Data Logging with Expert Devices
- Work 365 Sync for Self-Service and Provisioning Automation
- Celebrity Charity Football Tournament at Seaford FC in Sussex for 4 Charities
- Bravo's Married To Medicine Reality Star Draws Breast Cancer Survivors to Atlanta's City Hall
- Gaslowitz Frankel Attorneys Recognized in 2020 Edition of Best Lawyers in America
- Jazz Across the Water, Bordum and Rhodes
- Kelley Kronenberg's Alison Verges Walters Named a Top Women Leader in Accounts Receivable
- Disruptive Startup Award @ Stanford
- The Beautiful Day Un Dia Bonito Magazine inspired by the Show hitting the Tri-State region