Popular on eTradeWire
- Mona Clayton, RN Launches Mix & Mentor emPOWER Hour Global Tour at Hotel 50 Bowery 117
- Even Neutral Switzerland Can't Stomach Philip Morris
- Radio Vet Connie Birth returns to The Spin Awards as the Red Carpet host
- Justices Free Up Funding For Trump's Wall
- Variety – The Children's Charity of Wisconsin CEO on Modern Living with kathy ireland®
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Abilene Celebrates Topping Off
- Shuvu Banim Announces Israeli Rabbi Eliyahu Merav Video Statement of Support for Rabbi Berland
- Goldberg Brothers ships new folding barn door hardware
- Macy's Caves Over "Fat Shaming," But Maybe It Works
- Lyn Ross of Institut' Dermed Prize Winner in the 2019 Skin Games Compassionate Category
Similar on eTradeWire
- Fresenius Kabi to Deliver Two Spotlight Sessions at SMi's Pharmaceutical Manufacturing & Cleanroom
- Saranas Recognized as One of Houston's Most Innovative Companies
- Hydroxy Acid Oxidase Activity Assay Kit
- Physicians' Primary Care of Southwest Florida Adds Two New Family Medicine Physicians
- Braeden Lichti: Deciding when to invest in a biotechnology company
- Sunknowledge Services Inc Caters Superior HME Billing Assistance
- Caspase-3 Activity Assay Kit (Luminometric)
- New Risk Assessment Tool from SiliconExpert and EMA Design Automation Prevents BOM Rejection
- What is Infusion Therapy and an Infusion Center?
- SKY Telecom's Telemedicine Group Launches
Neurolixis Announces Scientific Publication Demonstrating Rapid and Long-Lasting Antidepressant Activity of NLX-101 in a Robust Rodent Model
The experiments were conducted in the laboratory of Prof. Mariusz Papp (Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Krakow, Poland), a leading researcher in the field of antidepressant drugs. Prof. Papp commented: "The chronic mild stress model is highly validated and predictive of human antidepressant efficacy. Our laboratory has tested many antidepressant drugs, including reuptake inhibitors and ketamine, using the same conditions as those we used for NLX-101. However, none of the other drugs exhibited such rapid effects as NLX-101."
Adrian Newman-Tancredi, PhD, DSc, Chief Scientific Officer of Neurolixis, commented: "We are excited about the remarkable activity of NLX-101 in this highly regarded model of depression. There is a great need for antidepressant drugs that are efficacious and well-tolerated. These striking results support our efforts to develop novel, rapid-acting, antidepressants based on the NLX-101 scaffold. If the rodent data translate to the clinic, these biased agonist compounds could significantly alleviate depression symptoms and other mood deficits, thus improving many patients' quality of life."
More on eTradeWire News
- Mark McKenzie Promoted to Excavation and Construction Manager at Roto-Rooter Plumbers of Savannah
- Mentoring for Leadership by Top Execs and Elected Officials Made Easy with the Twelve@Twelve
- Conglomerate of Women Owned Businesses launch the Southern Crescent's First Funding Pitch
- Enmarket Opens Newly Renovated Downtown MLK Store in Savannah – Redesigned with Community in Mind
- "That Which Was Lost: The Deltic Disaster – Part Two" by Jeff Vawter is published
Details of the scientific publication
Cortical 5-hydroxytryptamine 1A receptor biased agonist, NLX-101, displays rapid-acting antidepressant-like properties in the rat chronic mild stress model.
Depoortère R, Papp M, Gruca P, Lason-Tyburkiewicz M, Niemczyk M, Varney MA, Newman-Tancredi A. J Psychopharmacol. 2019. doi: 10.1177/0269881119860666. PMID: 31290370
About Novel 5-HT1A Receptor Biased Agonists
In collaboration with a team led by Dr. Marcin Kołaczkowski (Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland), Neurolixis is developing a series of potent and highly active 5-HT1A receptor biased agonists that are analogs of NLX-101 and exhibit promising in vitro selectivity, potent in vivo antidepressant-like activity and favorable developability profiles. NLX-101 is a first-in-kind selective, efficacious 'biased agonist' that preferentially targets serotonin 5-HT1A receptors located in cortical regions of the brain which control mood and cognition. NLX‑101 has undergone initial testing in human volunteers and has an 'open IND' from the FDA, so it is ready for Phase 1 clinical trials. The novel analogs have been patented (WO/2017/220799) and are undergoing lead-to-candidate selection.
About Major Depression
Major depression is a leading cause of disability with over 16 million patients in the USA. Most existing antidepressants act by inhibition of neurotransmitter reuptake but require many weeks of treatment before they are effective and only about half of patients respond satisfactorily. The anesthetic drug, ketamine, exhibits rapid-acting antidepressant (RAAD) activity in treatment-resistant patients but it elicits marked side-effects which limit its use. Recent findings indicate that ketamine indirectly activates 5-HT1A receptors in cortical brain regions, suggesting that their direct activation may elicit promising RAAD activity with improved safety and tolerability.
More on eTradeWire News
- Introducing: Keller Covered – Home Insurance Made Simple
- PAG.law Attorneys Ranked Among Nation's Top Law Firms by Chambers & Partners
- Never Before On Amazon: A First
- Has the Polio Virus returned to complete its original devastating attack
- Local Marketing companies Launches a Social Media Platform For Contractors
About Neurolixis, Inc.
Neurolixis, located in Dana Point, California, is a privately held biotechnology company developing therapies for disorders of the central nervous system. Its biased agonist drug discovery program targets major depression, NLX-101 is Phase 1-ready as a treatment for Rett syndrome (an orphan indication), and NLX-112 is Phase 2-ready as a treatment for L-DOPA-induced dyskinesia in Parkinsonian patients. Further information is available at http://www.neurolixis.com.
Forward Looking Statement
Except for the historical information contained herein, the matters discussed in this press release are forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, including: our dependence on third parties for the development, regulatory approval and successful commercialization of our products, the inherent risk of failure in developing product candidates based on new technologies, risks associated with the costs of clinical development efforts, as well as other risks. Actual results may differ materially from those projected. These forward-looking statements represent our judgment as of the date of the release. Neurolixis disclaims any intent or obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
Mark Varney, CEO
- Pearson Edexcel bags The Word Masala Champion of the Diaspora Poetry Award
- VORAGO Technologies Announces Space-saving ARM® Cortex®-M0 (MCU) NVM for Extreme Rad
- Don Barnhart's Hypnomania Residency Gets Extended
- Tour Lennar's 10 Model Homes at Glen Loma Ranch Now Open Daily
- Two Ways Home, starring Tanna Frederick and Tom Bower an official Women Texas Film Festival selection will be screening on Saturday, August 17th
- AccuSource, Inc. Ranks on the 2019 Inc. 5000 With Three-Year Revenue Growth of 92 Percent
- Join WOMBA at the 5th Annual SHIEC Conference
- Executive Director Search Announced
- Skyscanner for Dummies: 3 Ways to book your next Skyscanner Tickets
- Car Title Loans Can Take Off the Pressure When Sudden Lay Offs Sting, says Car Cash Loans
- Brandon Honda promotes Tim Jamil to General Sales Manager
- Global Artist with Roots in Fashion
- Promoting Accountability for Personal Conduct at Tech Conferences
- Vesta Property Services Expands Its Community Management Division in South Florida
- Vesta Property Services Expands Its North Central Region with Acquisition of Action Management
- EMI Filters for PWM-Driven Motors Prevent Bearing Damage and Reduce EMI in Equipment
- Can we wrap, letter and decal your entire fleet of trucks, no matter how big or small? YES, WE CAN!
- New Graphic Design Service Offers Unbeatable Prices
- Stride Movers Announces Free Moving Supplies Promotion
- Learn about the Opportunity Zone in Flagler County Aug. 20