Popular on eTradeWire
- ForgingBlock has implemented Lightning Network and integrated more cryptocurrencies
- Could Carbonated Drinks Really Be Good For You?
- Get Help About Which Vanity Unit You Need To Add in Your Bathroom
- All you need to know about Ozcrystal, the crystal knob online store
- Get Your Kids Ready for their 1st 5K with help from the Rotary Santa Run
- Institut' DERMed Founder Inducted into the AIA Academy of Legends
- Dr. Artika Tyner's Book Takes Third Place in Children's Literature Contest
- Local PODS® Moving & Storage to collect toy donations for those in need
- 1MysticFactsCheck Provides The Truth About 1Mystic
- Acclaimed Author Releases Latest Book for Young Readers
Similar on eTradeWire
- Research Article Cites HemoVoid™ in Biomarker Study for Parkinson's Disease
- 1,5 Anhydroglucitol Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
- Dallas-Fort Worth Clinic Uses Ketamine Infusion Therapy to Treat Depression and PTSD
- Interview with Christiane Niederlaender, at AMBR Consulting, released ahead of SMi's RNA Therapeu
- NADH Oxidase Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
- OrgFrontier™ Peroxisome Isolation Kit
- ExpressCells appoints Dr. Sajad S. Bilgrami to Board of Directors
- HealthCodes DNA launches genetic testing products in 31 new stores
- Design and Maintain a Custom Cost-Based MAC for Oversight and Control of Generic Drug Pricing
- 626 acquires the leading injector service solution provider in the Healthcare Technology Management space
Neurolixis Announces Scientific Publication Demonstrating Rapid and Long-Lasting Antidepressant Activity of NLX-101 in a Robust Rodent Model
The experiments were conducted in the laboratory of Prof. Mariusz Papp (Institute of Pharmacology, Polish Academy of Sciences, Krakow, Poland), a leading researcher in the field of antidepressant drugs. Prof. Papp commented: "The chronic mild stress model is highly validated and predictive of human antidepressant efficacy. Our laboratory has tested many antidepressant drugs, including reuptake inhibitors and ketamine, using the same conditions as those we used for NLX-101. However, none of the other drugs exhibited such rapid effects as NLX-101."
Adrian Newman-Tancredi, PhD, DSc, Chief Scientific Officer of Neurolixis, commented: "We are excited about the remarkable activity of NLX-101 in this highly regarded model of depression. There is a great need for antidepressant drugs that are efficacious and well-tolerated. These striking results support our efforts to develop novel, rapid-acting, antidepressants based on the NLX-101 scaffold. If the rodent data translate to the clinic, these biased agonist compounds could significantly alleviate depression symptoms and other mood deficits, thus improving many patients' quality of life."
More on eTradeWire News
- Warning! This Book Can Alter Reality As You Know It As Well As Who And What You Think You Are
- Otcwagon Initiates Coverage On Ethema Health Corporation (GRST)
- Cavignac & Associates Employees Donate $25,000 Out of Their Own Paychecks to Local San Die
- Change Your Story in the New Year
- North Carolina "We Buy Houses Cash" Company Reveals 30 Ways to Find Heavily Discounted, Off-Market Properties, Even in a Strong Market Like Today's
Details of the scientific publication
Cortical 5-hydroxytryptamine 1A receptor biased agonist, NLX-101, displays rapid-acting antidepressant-like properties in the rat chronic mild stress model.
Depoortère R, Papp M, Gruca P, Lason-Tyburkiewicz M, Niemczyk M, Varney MA, Newman-Tancredi A. J Psychopharmacol. 2019. doi: 10.1177/0269881119860666. PMID: 31290370
About Novel 5-HT1A Receptor Biased Agonists
In collaboration with a team led by Dr. Marcin Kołaczkowski (Jagiellonian University, Krakow, Poland), Neurolixis is developing a series of potent and highly active 5-HT1A receptor biased agonists that are analogs of NLX-101 and exhibit promising in vitro selectivity, potent in vivo antidepressant-like activity and favorable developability profiles. NLX-101 is a first-in-kind selective, efficacious 'biased agonist' that preferentially targets serotonin 5-HT1A receptors located in cortical regions of the brain which control mood and cognition. NLX‑101 has undergone initial testing in human volunteers and has an 'open IND' from the FDA, so it is ready for Phase 1 clinical trials. The novel analogs have been patented (WO/2017/220799) and are undergoing lead-to-candidate selection.
About Major Depression
Major depression is a leading cause of disability with over 16 million patients in the USA. Most existing antidepressants act by inhibition of neurotransmitter reuptake but require many weeks of treatment before they are effective and only about half of patients respond satisfactorily. The anesthetic drug, ketamine, exhibits rapid-acting antidepressant (RAAD) activity in treatment-resistant patients but it elicits marked side-effects which limit its use. Recent findings indicate that ketamine indirectly activates 5-HT1A receptors in cortical brain regions, suggesting that their direct activation may elicit promising RAAD activity with improved safety and tolerability.
More on eTradeWire News
- Andrew Jones' January 11th auction will feature fine art from the collection of Gerard L. Cafesjian
- Dr Claudio Cerullo - AWARDS and CITATIONS
- More bodies. No accountability
- Online retailer of urban streetwear for men introduces new collection
- Jamie Zahlaway Belsito Attended the North Shore Labor Council Women's Solidarity Breakfast
About Neurolixis, Inc.
Neurolixis, located in Dana Point, California, is a privately held biotechnology company developing therapies for disorders of the central nervous system. Its biased agonist drug discovery program targets major depression, NLX-101 is Phase 1-ready as a treatment for Rett syndrome (an orphan indication), and NLX-112 is Phase 2-ready as a treatment for L-DOPA-induced dyskinesia in Parkinsonian patients. Further information is available at http://www.neurolixis.com.
Forward Looking Statement
Except for the historical information contained herein, the matters discussed in this press release are forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, including: our dependence on third parties for the development, regulatory approval and successful commercialization of our products, the inherent risk of failure in developing product candidates based on new technologies, risks associated with the costs of clinical development efforts, as well as other risks. Actual results may differ materially from those projected. These forward-looking statements represent our judgment as of the date of the release. Neurolixis disclaims any intent or obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
Mark Varney, CEO
- Harlem's Lyn-Genet's Kitchen presents an evening of art, jazz and wine
- Open: Working at Heights Training Courses
- Brandon Honda hires Elie Eid as Executive Manager
- Tiny Startup Takes on Facebook and Craigslist
- Dwight Threeperson Named Chair of Apprenticeship Committee for Newark CTE Network
- Olibrix - Celebrating Our Children With Language Enrichment, And Cultural Exploration
- Stock Of The Year: 2019 Gratomic, Inc. (TSX-V: GRAT) - Strong Buy Recommendation!
- Must Have: 2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
- Everlast® Advanced Composite Siding Receives Improved Fire Rating
- Victorious Mind Launches New Podcast "House Of Nako" Hosted By Nako
- SterlingRisk Launches Sterling A&E
- No Qualifying - Fund $10,000,000+ No Payments Due For 6-12+ Mo
- Patrick Rothfuss' Worldbuilders 2019 Fundraiser reaches $500,000 - 4 days to go
- Blue Marble Geographics announces academic lab for processing drone or UAV images
- THE LIBERATORS Dubbed "The Bag of Bags" Has Launched
- Robby Poblete Foundation and Vallejo Police to Hold Third Solano County Gun Buyback
- Mohawk Arms' Militaria Auction #82, Dec. 28th, is packed with items from multiple wars and conflicts
- State Officials Recognize Congregation Ruach Israel in Celebration of their 40th Birthday
- Concierge Auctions' New York City Sale Kicks Off with Over 30 Bidders and 100% of Auction Lots Selling
- Basic Invite Comes out with Retirement Invitations for any Retiree