Popular on eTradeWire
- Mona Clayton, RN Launches Mix & Mentor emPOWER Hour Global Tour at Hotel 50 Bowery 119
- Even Neutral Switzerland Can't Stomach Philip Morris
- Radio Vet Connie Birth returns to The Spin Awards as the Red Carpet host
- Justices Free Up Funding For Trump's Wall
- Variety – The Children's Charity of Wisconsin CEO on Modern Living with kathy ireland®
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Abilene Celebrates Topping Off
- Goldberg Brothers ships new folding barn door hardware
- Shuvu Banim Announces Israeli Rabbi Eliyahu Merav Video Statement of Support for Rabbi Berland
- Armsons teams up with Repton School for new sports facilities
- Macy's Caves Over "Fat Shaming," But Maybe It Works
Similar on eTradeWire
- Fresenius Kabi to Deliver Two Spotlight Sessions at SMi's Pharmaceutical Manufacturing & Cleanroom
- Saranas Recognized as One of Houston's Most Innovative Companies
- Hydroxy Acid Oxidase Activity Assay Kit
- Physicians' Primary Care of Southwest Florida Adds Two New Family Medicine Physicians
- Braeden Lichti: Deciding when to invest in a biotechnology company
- Sunknowledge Services Inc Caters Superior HME Billing Assistance
- Caspase-3 Activity Assay Kit (Luminometric)
- New Risk Assessment Tool from SiliconExpert and EMA Design Automation Prevents BOM Rejection
- What is Infusion Therapy and an Infusion Center?
- SKY Telecom's Telemedicine Group Launches
The novel compounds (described in patent application WO/2017/220799) are part of a drug discovery program built on Neurolixis' expertise in biased agonism and conducted in collaboration with scientists at Jagiellonian University (Krakow, Poland). The lead compound in the new series, NLX-204, exhibits potent 5-HT1A receptor-mediated activation of ERK phosphorylation, favorable pharmacokinetic properties and efficacious antidepressant-like properties in vivo. Future studies will focus on further development of these compounds for evaluation in man.
Dr. Adrian Newman-Tancredi (CSO of Neurolixis) commented: "Depression constitutes a major healthcare challenge because current antidepressant drugs have multiple activities, are only partially efficacious and take weeks to work. We are excited to have identified highly-selective compounds targeting a signaling pathway associated with rapid antidepressant activity. This opens the way for development of a new generation of drugs offering improved and rapid therapy of depressive disorders."
More on eTradeWire News
- "The Dexan Queen of Speed" by Dr Fy is published
- Recipe for Success in Playtacular's Refreshing New Root Beer Float Challenge Game
- GBKSOFT Offers the Development of Custom On-demand Service Apps with the Use of Ready-Made Modules at Affordable Prices
- Jamie Whitmore, Paralympic Cyclist to appear at Omaha Connect Ride
- "iCrime Uber" by Ian Purdie is published
Neurolixis intends to advance the compounds through preclinical and clinical development by way of licensing or partnering agreements.
Novel aryloxyethyl derivatives of 1-(1-benzoylpiperidin-4-yl)methanamine as the Extracellular Regulated Kinases 1/2 (ERK1/2) phosphorylation-preferring serotonin 5‑HT1A receptor biased agonists with robust antidepressant-like activity.
Sniecikowska J, Głuch-Lutwin M, Bucki A, Więckowska A, Siwek A, Jastrzębska-Więsek M, Partyka A, Wilczyńska D, Pytka K, Pociecha K, Cios A, Wyska E, Wesołowska A, Pawłowski MH, Varney M, Newman-Tancredi A, Kołaczkowski M.
Journal Medicinal Chemistry 2019 Feb 5. doi: 10.1021/acs.jmedchem.9b00062. PMID: 30721053
About Neurolixis, Inc.
Neurolixis, located in Dana Point, California, is a privately held biotechnology company developing therapies for disorders of the central nervous system. The Company is focused on developing small molecule drugs for the treatment of neurological disorders such as Parkinson's disease and Rett syndrome, and of psychiatric disorders such as depression and schizophrenia. Additional information is available at http://www.neurolixis.com.
About Jagiellonian University
Jagiellonian University in Kraków was positioned by QS World University Rankings as the best Polish university among the world's top 500. It is one of the oldest universities in the world (founded in 1364) and is highly reputed in the fields of pharmacy and pharmaceutical sciences (ranked 50-75 in Shanghai Ranking's Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2018 - Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Science). Additional information regarding Jagiellonian University is available at
More on eTradeWire News
- Attivo Networks® to Present on Deception-Based Threat Detection at ILTACON 2019
- DigiFabster Introduces Shift 3D as Platinum Reseller Partner
- Can smelling good change your life?
- Enmarket to Raise Funds Throughout August for LLS's Light the Night
- Newark will Host National Opportunity Zone Pitch Competition on October 17
Forward Looking Statement
Except for the historical information contained herein, the matters discussed in this press release are forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, including: our dependence on third parties for the development, regulatory approval and successful commercialization of our products, the inherent risk of failure in developing product candidates based on new technologies, risks associated with the costs of clinical development efforts, as well as other risks. Actual results may differ materially from those projected. These forward-looking statements represent our judgment as of the date of the release. Neurolixis disclaims any intent or obligation to update these forward-looking statements.
Dr Mark Varney, CEO Neurolixis, Inc.
- Criminal Sexual Conduct Lawyer Lynne Torgerson averts criminal sexual conduct charges against client
- John R. Wood Announces Top Producers for July 2019
- Metroplex Premier League Founding Member Division 4 Rookie Amateur REAL UNION F.C
- Open Road Girl Hosts All Womens Ride At Vette City Motorcycle Music Fest
- Former Disney Animator has Gone to the Dogs
- The Bridge Experience is Set to Take People on a Powerful Personal Journey to Kick Start 2020 Decade
- Mark McKenzie Promoted to Excavation and Construction Manager at Roto-Rooter Plumbers of Savannah
- Mentoring for Leadership by Top Execs and Elected Officials Made Easy with the Twelve@Twelve
- Conglomerate of Women Owned Businesses launch the Southern Crescent's First Funding Pitch
- Enmarket Opens Newly Renovated Downtown MLK Store in Savannah – Redesigned with Community in Mind
- "That Which Was Lost: The Deltic Disaster – Part Two" by Jeff Vawter is published
- Introducing: Keller Covered – Home Insurance Made Simple
- PAG.law Attorneys Ranked Among Nation's Top Law Firms by Chambers & Partners
- Never Before On Amazon: A First
- Has the Polio Virus returned to complete its original devastating attack
- Local Marketing companies Launches a Social Media Platform For Contractors
- Stay Frosty Enterprises Goes Live On Amazon
- Documentary Film "Harlem School 1970" by Phil Gries Reviewed on the GingerNewYork TV Show
- Rapper Young Steens signs with 1017 Brick Squad Records
- The Property Shop to Open August 23rd and Hold Back to School Drive Aug. 24th