Popular on eTradeWire
- British Entrepreneur Predicts Travel Will Bounce-Back in 2021 - 534
- Serial Entrepreneur Yahaira Marie overcomes poverty to create Global Community for Small Businesses - 442
- CedintheCity Presents a New Picture Book Series Teaching Global Diversity - 246
- Get Cozy with A Winter Getaway In the Long Beach Island Region - 218
- Latin Pop/Rock group Al Cielo - First Time Meeting In Person - 197
- Project Expedition Launches Shore Excursions Platform for Travel Advisors - 165
- Financial Solutions Inc. Receives the 2020 Best of Sheridan Wyoming Award - 132
- Rock Climbers Want Sick Shirts - 129
- Weddings Beautiful Worldwide announces Jacqueline Vazquez as new CEO - 127
- Moss Foundation Donates $75K to Children's Charities - 117
Similar on eTradeWire
- Exact Solar Earns Seventh Angie's List Super Service Award
- CEO of Industrial Giant ABB in Brazil Joins CEO Coaching International
- Green Stream Holdings Prepares for NE Solar Projects with New Production Space
- IGNITE CTRM Launches Tiered Pricing With Packaged SaaS Solutions Starting at $99
- Women's Energy Network - Boston Announces 2021 Board of Directors
- Lee Enterprises Consulting Named Top Bioeconomy Consulting Group
- Custom enclosures ramp up safety for energy storage systems
- Alstom joins the US High Speed Rail Association as a Global VIP Member
- Exact Solar Celebrated in Bucks County, Pennsylvania
- New Predictive Analytics Program From Solar Support Cuts Downtime in Legacy Inverters
"From day one we've been committed to bringing solar to everyone, not just the select few, so we're thrilled that we get to help people in under-served communities in New Jersey save money while supporting a brand new solar farm in their neighborhood," said Gary Skulnik, CEO of Neighborhood Sun.
"We build solar projects in communities all over the country, but we are especially proud to own and operate one of the first community solar projects in our home state of New Jersey," said Jesse Grossman, CEO of Soltage. "With universal access a top priority, we're partnering with community organizations to develop the project and committing the majority of the energy produced to serve low and moderate income residents."
More on eTradeWire News
- Drive-thru Dental Day Supports Local Food Banks in Arizona
- Artist Erich Boehm Announces New Website at FineArtAmerica.com
- Collagen and the Conscious Diet: A Collision Between Two Fast Growing Trends
- RW Richard Announces the Release of Cinnamon & Sugar
- Azul Cosmetic Surgery and Medical Spa welcomes Dr. Maximilian Padilla to the practice
The Tri-County Solar Farm is expected to produce power for up to 775 households, and Neighborhood Sun will begin accepting subscription sign-ups in late June. Low and moderate income subscribers are guaranteed a discount of 15 percent for 20 years with no cancellation fees, and can save an estimated $120 annually on electric bills. Unlike rooftop solar, if a subscriber moves they can take their subscription with them.
Randi Orlow has joined Neighborhood Sun as the NJ Program Director. She is building a coalition of partners who want to help spread the word to their constituents about this new offer.
"As a longtime NJ resident and activist, I'm excited to be able to help save my neighbors' money on their electric bill while also cleaning our air and fighting climate change," said Orlow. "Neighborhood Sun's commitment to social justice, energy equity and 100 percent customer happiness are some of the reasons I'm proud to be on the team."
The project was developed by solar developer AC Power, LLC, and acquired for further development, construction, operation and ownership by Soltage in July 2018. Once complete, expected in December 2020, it will produce enough clean energy each year to offset 3,270 tons of carbon dioxide, which is equivalent to taking 640 non-electric cars off the road.
More on eTradeWire News
- Famer, Alliance Fastpitch Announce Multi-Year Partnership to Deliver Softball Training Curriculum
- Oasis Senior Advisors named a 2021 Top Franchise by Franchise Business Review
- TVS Consumer Direct.Com Adds Air Fryer 360 and Total Gym Shows to Home Shopping and Today Home Nets
- Waste Management & NYC Department of Sanitation Presenting 4th Annual M/WBE Forum
- FocalPoint Welcomes Certified Business Coach Shawn Lacagnina
About Neighborhood Sun
Neighborhood Sun is a Certified B Corp whose mission is to build stronger communities and empower neighborhoods to choose clean, renewable energy that costs less than their current, dirty electricity. They provide shared solar to residents who can't have, or don't want solar panels on their homes. Apartment residents, condo-dwellers, small businesses and homeowners alike can all get a share of the electricity that is generated from panels that are installed off-site. The company is active in Maryland and New Jersey, with more than 3,000 customers for several community solar projects. For more information, go to NeighborhoodSun.Solar.
Soltage is a leader in the development, financing and operation of distributed utility-scale solar assets for commercial, industrial and municipal customers across the United States. Soltage has developed more than 100 solar energy projects with more than 300 MW total distributed generating capacity under construction and management. Soltage is backed by a group of investors including Prudential Capital Group and is headquartered in Jersey City, New Jersey. For more information, visit www.soltage.com
- FEATURED RELEASE: "Everything" by S.P.O.T
- BoatDealers.ca Surges with Record Traffic in 2020
- Colorado Palliative & Hospice Care and Colorado Palliative & Hospice Care of Colorado Springs Achieves Accreditation With ACHC
- Trucker Huss Announces Director Robert Gower as New Shareholder in 2021
- Discover Made to Measure Wooden Fencing and Boundary Walling Benefits
- ICTCore Version 1.1.0 Released, The Unified Communications Framework
- Watch Parandeh Khosh Eghbal (Early Bird) Series Today!
- Private Placement Markets to begin Offering USDA Loan Products in February 2021
- Working is on at IBEX Packaging with all SOPs during Covid-19
- Large Missouri Operator Migrating to Live Streaming Video
- Service Complete Electric has begun work on industrial manufacturing project in Winter Haven
- Renee Hoffman, SW Receives LSW Licensed Accreditation in Social Worker
- ArborMotion Recommends 3 New Year's Resolutions for Your Car
- Vaccination Sites Add Security Guards, Increase Security Measures
- 'Aesthetic Institute of Massachusetts' Announces Rebranding to 'Aesthetic Mentor'
- Benjamin Ross Group, LLC Sells Specialized Design Service Company, Philadelphia, PA
- Halfacre Construction Company hires two
- Watch Harjaei Impossible love tale of vengeance!
- How to do Competitor Analysis well
- OCC Adopts Final Rule Requiring Large Banks to Provide Fair Access to Banking Services