Popular on eTradeWire
- USA Today Best-Seller, Jean Rabe, To Release Book Four of The Piper Blackwell Series 197
- Post Covid-19 Back 2 Business Documentary Series To Share Creative and Innovative Solutions to Reopening Economies 170
- Garage Doors Offers to Fight Global Pandemic 156
- Les Franklin Protege Of Little Richard Releases New Single 146
- League of Women Voters of PBC Invites Public to 'Hot Topic' Zoom Chat on Affordable Housing 139
- Impact Web Solutions Celebrates 21 Years in Business 131
- Cole Skincare for Men Launches Black Men Matter Campaign Celebrating Black Fathers Around the Globe 122
- Executive Producers Kelsey Grammer and Tom Russo Present Messina Captor Films' "The Salon" Digital Series for 2020 Emmy® Award Consideration 117
- Engineering News-Record MidAtlantic Names Clark Nexsen Design Firm of the Year 105
- Heated Armor Plans To Take Over the Heated Clothing Industry
Similar on eTradeWire
- Citadel Roofing & Solar Introduces Home Generator Products
- CS Energy Completes 33 MW Texas Solar Portfolio
- Pack Power™ Enables swyMed Telehealth Backpack
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Its Client Orion Energy Partners on Back to Back Capital Partnerships Totaling $465 Million
- HPMU, Hybrid Power Management Unit, Portable Power Solution for Battery & Alternative Energy Systems
- CS Energy Announces Completion of the Largest Landfill Solar-Plus-Storage Project in Massachusetts
- IKIO Group launches its Germicidal Tech Subsidiary, axenic-UV
- Citadel Roofing & Solar Opens Santa Rosa Office to Serve Area Homeowners & Builders
- Trilliant Named 2020 Global Company of the Year for Its Smart City Solutions by Frost and Sullivan
- Emrgy Inc. Announces Australasia Distribution Partnership
"From day one we've been committed to bringing solar to everyone, not just the select few, so we're thrilled that we get to help people in under-served communities in New Jersey save money while supporting a brand new solar farm in their neighborhood," said Gary Skulnik, CEO of Neighborhood Sun.
"We build solar projects in communities all over the country, but we are especially proud to own and operate one of the first community solar projects in our home state of New Jersey," said Jesse Grossman, CEO of Soltage. "With universal access a top priority, we're partnering with community organizations to develop the project and committing the majority of the energy produced to serve low and moderate income residents."
More on eTradeWire News
- EzPaycheck 2020 Payroll Software Is Flexible Enough to Accommodate Healthcare Establishments
- Senseeker Establishes In-House Wafer Testing Capability
- CEO Coaching International Congratulates Its Client Jamie Donnelly on CFO of the Year Award
- Cleaning & Sanitizing Tips for Business Re-Opening
- Time Is Running Out to Enter to Win this 1979 Pontiac Trans Am Signed by the Late Burt Reynolds!
The Tri-County Solar Farm is expected to produce power for up to 775 households, and Neighborhood Sun will begin accepting subscription sign-ups in late June. Low and moderate income subscribers are guaranteed a discount of 15 percent for 20 years with no cancellation fees, and can save an estimated $120 annually on electric bills. Unlike rooftop solar, if a subscriber moves they can take their subscription with them.
Randi Orlow has joined Neighborhood Sun as the NJ Program Director. She is building a coalition of partners who want to help spread the word to their constituents about this new offer.
"As a longtime NJ resident and activist, I'm excited to be able to help save my neighbors' money on their electric bill while also cleaning our air and fighting climate change," said Orlow. "Neighborhood Sun's commitment to social justice, energy equity and 100 percent customer happiness are some of the reasons I'm proud to be on the team."
The project was developed by solar developer AC Power, LLC, and acquired for further development, construction, operation and ownership by Soltage in July 2018. Once complete, expected in December 2020, it will produce enough clean energy each year to offset 3,270 tons of carbon dioxide, which is equivalent to taking 640 non-electric cars off the road.
More on eTradeWire News
- BHC Press Acquires Firebird Fairytales Series by Fantasy Author Amy Kuivalainen
- Meredith Charles Launches New Website
- Healthiby Selects LaTorrie Glover-Brown as a Team Captain
- Traditional Cleaning Methods Won't Make Offices Germ Free
- 2020 Christmas Light Contractor post Coronavirus
About Neighborhood Sun
Neighborhood Sun is a Certified B Corp whose mission is to build stronger communities and empower neighborhoods to choose clean, renewable energy that costs less than their current, dirty electricity. They provide shared solar to residents who can't have, or don't want solar panels on their homes. Apartment residents, condo-dwellers, small businesses and homeowners alike can all get a share of the electricity that is generated from panels that are installed off-site. The company is active in Maryland and New Jersey, with more than 3,000 customers for several community solar projects. For more information, go to NeighborhoodSun.Solar.
Soltage is a leader in the development, financing and operation of distributed utility-scale solar assets for commercial, industrial and municipal customers across the United States. Soltage has developed more than 100 solar energy projects with more than 300 MW total distributed generating capacity under construction and management. Soltage is backed by a group of investors including Prudential Capital Group and is headquartered in Jersey City, New Jersey. For more information, visit www.soltage.com
- Metl-Span insulated metal panels chosen for campus renovation because colors, profiles match up well
- Improving Parenting Skills Today
- Bilingual Montessori Preschool Is Open Using Social Distance Learning
- PALZEWICZ Knows He MUST Win This Fall
- Custom Ink Author's Showcase Part I and Part II
- AUA College of Medicine Launches International Track for UK Medical Students
- Personal Hygiene Tips for Kids
- Interviewed by Winn Claybaugh, Charlie Engle's recovery from addiction led to ultra-endurance career
- How to maintain your car during lockdown
- CMC Group Inc. Announces Senior Leadership Transition
- Grizzly Bear Foundation launches podcast series, "GrizzCast"
- Dysplay Release New Summer Single "too Cool"
- Public Safety Industry Professional Joins GeoComm's Product Management Team
- Esse Health Tesson Ferry Pediatrics Welcomes New Physician
- Marabu North America Introduces Mara Ban CS Antimicrobial Coating Technology
- Esse Health Southroads Internal Medicine Welcomes New Physician
- Importance of using Telehealth in the nonprofit setting, Avi Kerendian
- Fourth of July & Fireworks: Calming Strategies to Keep Your Dog Safe Johnna Devereaux C.P.N
- The Craig School Announces a New Head of School
- Advanced Aesthetic Solutions to host Cosmos & Kisses July 6