Popular on eTradeWire
- The Frontline Falls Behind: Ineffective Training Threatens Financial Institutions, Says Support EXP 215
- Menke to present at the 2019 Employee Ownership Conference 208
- EmeryStation West lease with Novartis 195
- NAACP Reveals Nominations For The 28th Annual Theatre Awards 139
- Jill Liberman & Sean Kanan To Guest On The Jimmy Star Show With Ron Russell Wednesday Marcy 27, 2019 138
- Hip-Hop Music Industry 2019 News 132
- Vacation Rental Puerta a la Playa joins the VisitLaManzanilla.com family 129
- Sales Jobs in Houston a Hidden Secret
- Ventura College Foundation Announces Recipients of First Allied Health Scholarships
- Lil Cory Becomes Legally Blind
Similar on eTradeWire
- PayPerHead.com Finds Significant Increase of Americans Placing Bets on European Soccer Leagues
- New Video Explores DANGERS OF BUI
- Pro Wrestling Legends' Match to be Featured in Upcoming Movie
- Jim Tunney to be inducted into California Interscholastic Federation Hall of Fame
- Easter egg hunt, Star Wars Night & fireworks highlight Fort Myers Miracle's three-day homestand
- United Premier Soccer League Announces Partner The Right Stuff as Goal of the Week Sponsor
- Industry Leading Pay Per Head Company Launches New Website
- U.S. Women Stars Hildebrandt, Velte Take On Canadians At Beat the Streets Grapple At The Garden May
- AAA Chihuahuas launch with StellarAlgo
- Rekindling the Magic of Snooker
Suriano was Rutgers' first national wrestling champion (45 minutes before his teammate, Anthony Ashnault, who will also wrestle at BTS, did the same), taking the 133-lb. division in overtime last month over rival Daton Fix of Oklahoma State. The win capped the junior's second straight appearance in the finals in a season which included a Big Ten championship, 29-3 record and second straight All-America honors.
Colon, an injury replacement at the 2018 World championships at 61kg, defied the odds and won bronze in Budapest. As a senior at UNI in 2013-14, Colon finished 35-2 after a 27-4 campaign as a redshirt sophomore. His postcollegiate career has included a second place finish at the US World Team Trials in 2015 and a 2018 U.S. Open title. He currently trains in Fresno, Calif., where he also serves as volunteer assistant coach at Fresno State University.
More on eTradeWire News
- Jazz Composer Aziza Miller Appears on the GingerNewYork TV Show in New York City
- Prolific Press Has Published Final Arrangements by Mickey Corrigan
- Prolific Press Has Published The Impressionist Painter by Alan Humason
- Inspiring Florida Musical Artist announces First World Tour; Listen to Album on iTunes
- How Mass Shootings Affected my Work as a Filmmaker
The matchup will be part of an already standout slate that includes featured bouts between 2012 Gold Medalist Jordan Burroughs and 2008 Olympian Ben Askren; an all-New Jersey match between James Green (Willingboro) and Anthony Ashnault (South Plainfield); and a battle of local State Champions in Jo Jo Aragona (Pope John XXIII HS/New Jersey) vs. Adam Busiello (Eastport-South Manor HS/New York).
"Grapple at the Garden" supports Beat the Streets, the largest grassroots inner city wrestling program in the United States, serving as both a fundraiser for the organization and to celebrate its athletes as they compete on the biggest stage in the center of the world.
Tickets for the evening's action are available now via TicketMaster, priced starting at $30. A variety of donation packages which include "Grapple in the Garden" tickets are also available at https://www.btsny.org/bts-events or by emailing email@example.com, beginning at $1000. Doors open on May 6 at 5:30 p.m., with the main event starting at 6 p.m.
For the fifth straight year, FloSports will provide live and on-demand coverage on FloWrestling.com.
About Beat the Streets
The mission of Beat the Streets is to develop the full potential of the urban youth and to strengthen the culture of New York City wrestling. BTS works directly with the New York City Department of Education in a public-private partnership to bring the life changing sport of wrestling to over 3,000 New York City student-athletes to help them achieve their personal and athletic goals. Through the operation of wrestling programs in middle and high schools in the five boroughs, BTS and the DOE provide a safe, positive atmosphere in which disadvantaged and at-risk youth can learn the essential life lessons of grit, personal responsibility and teamwork, physical fitness and nutrition, and life-long learning. The goal of fostering strong, well-rounded student-athletes is delivered through coaching, after-school programs, life skills workshops, and summer camps. More information can be found at www.btsny.org.
More on eTradeWire News
- Comments to the Reserve Bank of India on Blockchain, Crypto
- Simple Steps to Control Your Child's Asthma – advice from pediatrician Kenneth Pomar Rebong, MD
- Giving Back To Our Veterans and Military Through Song at The 2019 Josie Music Awards Event!
- iHarvest™-The Future of Gardening is Indoors
- Grammy Winner Headlines Vegas Jazz Eclectic Concert Series
About USA Wrestling
USA Wrestling is the National Governing Body for the Sport of Wrestling in the United States and, as such, is its representative to the United States Olympic Committee and United World Wrestling, the international wrestling federation. Simply, USA Wrestling is the central organization that coordinates amateur wrestling programs in the nation and works to create interest and participation in these programs. It has over 230,000 members across the nation, boys and girls, men and women of all ages, representing all levels of the sport. Its president is Bruce Baumgartner, and its Executive Director is Rich Bender. More information can be found at TheMat.com.
2019 Beat the Streets "Grapple at the Garden"
May 6, 2019
Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, New York
(Matches scheduled to date, Order TBD)
Jordan Burroughs vs Ben Askren
James Green vs. Anthony Ashnault
Jo Jo Aragona vs. Adam Busiello
Nick Suriano vs. Joe Colon
- Exclusive Analysis Discovers Most Popular Mattress Brands In The US
- OneAZ Credit Union celebrates Earth Day with special Tesla financing options and Radio Flyer Tesla Model S giveaway
- LMS50 Adds Additional Online Safety Training Titles
- Holocaust survivor's granddaughter pens memoir about what happens when corrupt leaders in charge
- Naacp Memphis Branch, The New Tri-state Defender & Kroger Delta Division Announce Grant Winners
- Drummer Bob Holz in Modern Drummer Magazine
- National Association of Black Journalists to Host Regional Conference in Cincinnati
- First Bancorp of Indiana, Inc. Announces Financial Results
- Kroger Health Partners With FoodNiche To Drive Conversation On Healthier Future of Food
- Milk Hall of Fame Announces USA and International 2020 Spokesmodel Video and Photographic Auditions Have Begun - in Your Own Language
- Kintsugi / Kintsukuroi Art - How it is Made, Where to Buy Pottery with Gold Repair? Available in The USA
- "I Like To Eat Children" by Author Reagan Rothe Now Available in Audiobook Format Worldwide
- 651vinyl.com Adds Siser Brick 600 to Product Line
- Celebrate Easter with Exciting Offers on Kids Accessories by ShopEnglish. Visit us today!
- Saf-Gard Safety Shoe Company Opens New Location in York, PA
- Another Home Run Murder Mystery Now Showing
- Blac Chyna Negotiations with Warner Bros. Move Forward
- MFASCO awarded a GSA with the assistance of Mr. Brian Charles with Government Marketplace LLC
- Arctic Encounter Presents 6th Annual Flagship Symposium
- Saf-Gard/Vulcan Safety Shoe Company Opens Location in Charleston, SC