Popular on eTradeWire
- Several UK Mortgage businesses have now successfully franchised their operations 473
- Bedfont adds 2 new respiratory specialists to its NObreath® Medical Advisory Board 127
- Academia.edu Picks Marshall Barnes Paper, 'Killing Closed Time-Like Curves', for Special Promotion 124
- South Coast Improvement, Co. wins renovation project at Sunrise Senior Living
- Roofers On Demand Best Roofers
- Lapels Dry Cleaning annual clothing drive to benefit Big Brother Big Sister Foundation
- Jet Direct Mortgage Opens New Branch Office In Wilmington, North Carolina
- PhyberTech: A multi-faceted tech firm founded by tech prodigy Pratik KC
- MommaWork Offers Free Breastfeeding Support to LGBTQ Families
- Executive Order Might Get Citizenship Question Back On Census
Similar on eTradeWire
- AtlasFAI Welcomes Additional Offices in Arizona!
- Keep up with your chiropractic adjustments this summer
- Dharma Platform Partners with Childfund International, Using Real-Time Data to Enhance Outreach to Vulnerable Populations
- Powerful New Book 'Love Loss Light' Speaks to Those in Grief
- Dr. Aaron Blight Honored with the "Top 100 Leaders in Health Care" Award at IFAH, Vegas 2019
- Dr. Ashley Covington joins Dr. Perry DuRant's dental practice on Lady's Island
- Harmony Grove Recovery Rehab Center Grand Opening!
- The Healing Power of Sound and Presence
- First New Renality Facility Open in Newnan, GA – "City of Homes"
- Rebel Herbs to Attend the Primary Care for Women Conference
The first presentation focuses on a study that reveals providing preliminary reports with treatment recommendations within one day of testing relieves patient anxiety by over 97 percent. The second presentation outlines a study that shows easy-to-understand reports and options for complex treatment allows easier patient decision making. Both studies show the importance of ensuring the emotional well-being of patients and families.
WHAT: Navya at SABCS 2018:
● Dr. Naresh Ramarajan (https://www.linkedin.com/in/nareshramarajan/) Presenting, "Responding at patient's time of need: Scaling rapid access to evidence based treatment plan" (https://www.abstracts2view.com/sabcs18/view.php?nu=SABCS18L_1614) – Thursday, December 6, 2018, 5-7pm. Program Number: P3-16-01
● Dr. Shalaka Joshi (https://www.linkedin.com/in/shalaka-joshi-6b551...) Presenting, "Accuracy of psychosocial assessment in an online surgical decision aid developed for early breast cancer patients with resource and educational constraints" (https://www.abstracts2view.com/sabcs18/view.php...) – Friday, December 7, 2018, 5-7pm. Program Number: P5-14-07
More on eTradeWire News
- TEEF! Donates $1,000 to Humane Society
- Discover Canada Rally in Support of SickKids Foundation
- Groundbreaking New App Revolutionizes Millennial Travel
- A+ Editing Website Shutting Down for Maintenance in July
- Cultural Council of Palm Beach County Announces 15th Annual Season of CULTURE & COCKTAILS
WHERE: Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center, San Antonio, Texas, USA
Navya's patented system uses clinical informatics, predictive analytics and machine learning. These technologies, which were validated with clinical experts and presented at SABCS 2014, provide patients an upper hand to assess a cancer care decision for themselves, while making available an easy, quick, and preliminary treatment decision pathway, based on an evidence and experience based system, thereby relieving patient anxiety. These are key features of the study being presented at this year's SABCS.
Promising results have been obtained from patients who have used the Navya Online Expert Opinion System, having been provided with evidence and experience based preliminary reports and expert opinions.
Dr. Naresh Ramarajan, Chief Medical Officer of Navya, said, "System based preliminary reports sent to the patient at a median time of 3.37 hours has proven beneficial, resulting in a 90 percent time savings in comparison to subsequent review by experts. In 10 percent of the preliminary reports, experts added information such as de-/escalating treatment, and additional diagnostic tests."
Analyzing impact on patients, Dr. Ramarajan added: "Providing preliminary reports with a treatment recommendation within one day, relieves patient anxiety by over 97 percent. However, even a one day delay, increases patient anxiety by over 15 percent. Therefore, each day in waiting matters."
Over 83 percent of patients who were unrelieved with a three day turnaround, stated that it would matter to them to receive the treatment recommendation in one day. Of note, top academic cancer hospitals in the United States that provide online second opinions have an average turnaround time of 7-14 days. In most developing countries, there is no option to receive a second opinion from tertiary care centers.
Navya's second presentation focuses on the good response which has been received from women with early-stage breast cancer using the Navya Patient Preference Tool (PPT), which consists of an easy to understand questionnaire, making it simple to understand complex surgical treatment decisions.
Women from socioeconomic backgrounds with resource constraints are commonly not explained the options they have, and hence allowed only limited opinion in their treatment decision making.
More on eTradeWire News
- New Release! Relationships 7 by Piers Anthony is now available from Dreaming Big Publications!
- Intelliloan Named LendingTree Top Ten Lender For Q2 2019
- Dave Goodrich 3D Trio Plays in Culpeper, VA
- Announcing Anonymous Email Address: ANONYMOUSEMAILADDRESS.COM
- Georgia Coalition for the Peoples' Agenda Statement on President Trump's Racist Attacks Against Four Congresswomen
"Every patient should be able to advocate her own treatment decisions," stated Dr. Rajendra Badwe (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajendra_Achyut_B...), Director of Tata Memorial Centre and Principal Investigator of the Randomized Controlled Trial on Navya Patient Preference Tools. "By using the Navya PPT, women are able to assess risk-benefit tradeoffs and determine their decision irrespective of education and resource constraints, along with their family and treating oncologist. Decision Aids such as Navya PPT, which account for psychosocial confounders of agency, have the potential to benefit women otherwise marginalized from shared decision making and is especially relevant for women to enable them to be a party to the decision making on matters related to their health and their body."
About Tata Memorial Centre
Tata Memorial Centre, founded in 1941, leads the Indian subcontinent in cancer care by evidence based practice of oncology, and research and services which are affordable, innovative, and relevant to the needs of the country. Every year nearly 10 million patients visit TMC from all over India and developing countries in Asia, Africa. Approximately, 70 percent of these patients are treated almost free of charge.
In 2009, Navya was founded in Cambridge, MA by graduates of Harvard, MIT Sloan, and Stanford. Navya's patented system uses clinical informatics, predictive analytics and machine learning technologies. It combines several clinical information sources as inputs – and outputs a treatment decision most applicable to a unique patient. For the first time, quick and affordable access to evidence and experience based expert treatment decisions is available to every cancer patient. Navya's Online Expert Opinion Service has been used by over 26,000 patients in 67 countries.
Tracy Wemett BroadPR
- AtlasFAI Welcomes Additional Offices in Arizona!
- ACE1 Colorimetric Activity Assay Kit
- Tiger Fuel supports Chesapeake Bay conservation efforts at ten car wash locations
- It's a Publicity Palooza! AuthorYOU Mini-Extravaganza!
- Estate & Asset Protection Law Firm Founder Victoria L Collier On Protecting Digital Assets
- Follow Alice, A Girl Determined To Protect Her Body, Her Future, and Her Heart in "Wasted Pretty"
- A Hurricane Unleashes A Monstrosity From The Past In "The Breach" by Author Edward J. McFadden III
- Sales, Discounts, and Rewards with Passfeed
- ExcelRT Builder 2.0 Allows Spreadsheet Author to Become App Developer
- Nick Cabrera Joins RE/MAX Platinum Realty
- AVAIlL Adds Integration with McNeel's Rhino Modeler
- YINCAE Advanced Materials, LLC. Proudly Announces ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- OKay Network Releases New Billing/Support Platform
- The Waste Land on Earth? An Innovative Exhibition opening
- THE COPELAND KIDS by Cecilia Copeland wins Queen Supreme Best Feature Script at The Queen Palm Int. Film Festival Annual Screening and Awards
- Joe Romas Joins Mequon, Wis., Office of Ameriprise Financial
- Learn More About Our Medical Exterior Design
- Gateway Community Outreach tops Our City Media Readers' Choice voting for Charity Community Service
- Monitoring Temperature for Industrial Heat Treating Ovens
- Sperling Dermatology Celebrates 3- Year Anniversary and Jersey Shore Location Grand Opening