Popular on eTradeWire
- The New Real Estate "Perfect Home Finder" Program Is A Big Hit With DFW & Surrounding Area Residents!
- Snell & Wilmer's Heidi McNeil Staudenmaier Among Attorney Intel's Top 25 Arizona Attorneys
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With DFW & Surrounding Area Residents!
- iLogistics Tecnologia Nombrado Uno de los Mejores Lugares Para Trabajar en Santiago
- The Market at 3 West Ridge Benefiting HUGS & P.A.C.K. to Be Held Feb. 7-9
- Nya Nya Experience 17th Annual Celebrity Fashion & Beauty Expo
- KingdomAdvertising.net Advertising Kiosks are now available at Car Washes and Gas Stations
- Snell & Wilmer Announces New Partners and Counsel
- The Schmidt Boca Raton History Museum Announces Several Special Events in January & February
- Zekri Reelected to the Association of Family Law Professionals Board
Similar on eTradeWire
- Jung Garden Center Stoughton -Opening This March
- Titan Pressure Washing Of Stuart Florida Is Nationally Certified For Roof Cleaning
- Northern Virginia Real Estate Agent Featured in Expert Interview
- New Home Appliances Blog Launches
- Animas Valley Construction Announces Expansion of Services to Include ADU Construction
- Stellar Senior Living Acquires Anthology of South Jordan
- Independent Living Solutions Announce An Overwhelming Demand For Curved Chair Lifts in 2023
- Modern Canvas Company Announces Special Offer: $47 Any Size Canvas from Select Product Line
- St. Louis Home & Garden Show, presented by LP® SmartSide® Trim & Siding, Returns March 3-5
- Move In/Move Out Services in The Newmarket Area
Where you live dictates how prone you are to property losses and the danger of fatalities. Whether you're in a cold climate or a hot one, or one that tends to see strong winds, there is a peril that is common where you live.
The following numbers of fatalities and associated perils is based on The Weather Channel's records for 2021:
Natural Disasters in the U.S Fatalities Covered by Homeowners Insurance
Flood 146 No, you must buy a separate policy
Lightning 11 Yes
Tornado 104 Yes
Hurricane 12 Yes, but there is a separate hurricane deductible in states prone to hurricanes
Heat 190 Yes, in the case of fire, subsidence and broken electronics
Winter 40 Yes, in the case of freezing pipes, heavy snow
Cold 106 Yes, in the case of freezing pipes
Wind 56 Yes
As we recently saw in Florida, natural disasters affect millions of people in the U.S. According to the Centre for Research on the Epidemiology of Disasters: natural disasters claim 68,000 lives around the world each year.
More on eTradeWire News
- Metro Commercial brokers deal for BJ's Wholesale Club in West Palm Beach, FL
- IBCT Launches International Crisis Communications Training Program
- Love & Insurance: Managing Marriage and Divorce
- L-Strategies political and business consulting firm launched by partners Angie Wong and Jared Craig with Donna and Stan Fitzgerald
- YMCA of the Rockies Hosts 8th Annual Mountaineering Weekend Celebrating Accessibility of Safe Spaces in the Outdoors for All
According to the Weather Channel, in 2021, there were a total of 146 U.S. fatalities reported due to winter storms and cold waves alone; In total, there were about 770 total U.S. fatalities due to natural disasters.
Tornados, floods, wildfires, earthquakes, winter storms and hurricanes often claim lives and cause great destruction to personal property, and we see more extreme weather events each year. In 2021 alone, the U.S. also saw $92 billion in insured losses so it makes sense to assume that there were billions in losses for the uninsured too – losses the victims probably had to shoulder alone if they didn't have homeowners insurance.
Here are more natural disasters insights and relevant insurance information to help you protect yourself and your family. https://smartfinancial.com/natural-disasters-statistics
- Enter to Win This Concours-Restored 1971 Dodge Demon 340!
- DCOTA in Dania Beach Signs Seven Leases Totaling More Than 25,000 Square Feet (Update)
- Dental Tourism is on the Rise and This Dental Hygienist is Providing the Consultations
- California Closets of North Carolina and Virginia Helping Customers Get Organized
- Texa Real Estate Investor Couple Talks Marriage & The Military on Becoming Millionaire Power Couple
- Wayfair Announces Partnership with 40 Black Businesses, Includes Jasmine Williams of SUNNY&TED
- Örjan Berglund First Scientific Officer for the International Peatland Society
- How to change date of birth on JetBlue reservation
- New Book Launches to Bestseller Status--Answers the Question "Why Is It So Hard to Find Quality Workers?"
- Jared Gustafson Launches Poverty Relief Effort
- BREAKING NEWS: Spilling The Beans--A Book For The World by Rodger Collins released worldwide
- MLS Offers CEO, Alan Fenn Named an RISMedia 2023 Real Estate Newsmaker
- Nautilus Biotech Corporation Launches BUZZ™ Caffeinated Cough Drops
- #The7LoveStories LiteraryNFT Collection is Making Literary History
- Holabird's Pikes's Peak or Bust! auction, Jan. 19-22, honored the Great Colorado Gold Rush of 1859
- Snapbar offers free professional headshots with new HR tech platform
- Taylor Hospitality Promotes Hannah Michael-Bell to Lead Bartender of Garden Grille & Bar Morgantown
- Jung Garden Center Stoughton -Opening This March
- "Revival" Catapults To Top 20 On Mediabase & #24 On Billboard Gospel Airplay Charts
- Colonial Group Announces 2nd Annual Robert H. Demere, Jr. Soaring Eagle Award Recipient