Popular on eTradeWire
- Mona Clayton, RN Launches Mix & Mentor emPOWER Hour Global Tour at Hotel 50 Bowery 176
- Even Neutral Switzerland Can't Stomach Philip Morris 141
- Goldberg Brothers ships new folding barn door hardware 121
- Radio Vet Connie Birth returns to The Spin Awards as the Red Carpet host 118
- Justices Free Up Funding For Trump's Wall 116
- Variety – The Children's Charity of Wisconsin CEO on Modern Living with kathy ireland® 110
- Armsons teams up with Repton School for new sports facilities 106
- PC Madness at GWU - Ban Stick Figure Crosswalk "White Man" 106
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Abilene Celebrates Topping Off 102
- Tourico Vacations Adds New Booking Platform With Discounted Home Rentals 8-40% Savings Over Competition
Similar on eTradeWire
- ONE STOP Taxes Introduces the OST LIVE Conference for Entrepreneuers with Celebrity Hosts
- FindBullionPrices.com Tracks Online Dealer Prices for American Silver Eagle Coins
- Fennemore Craig Attorneys Recognized in the 26th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America®
- Gary St. Fleur, Who Took Down Previous Mayor, Announces Candidacy for Mayor of Scranton, PA
- Presidential hopeful seeks to end Social Security!
- Phinge Introduces Phriendle and Piccial, the first Rewards-Based, Interchangeable Social Media Platforms to Compete with Facebook and Instagram
- GeoComm NG9-1-1 Webinar to Feature Public Safety Grade GIS Strategies for Success
- Color Code Security System, Fintech and Crypto Solutions Launched by Starcave Global
- New Financial Wellness Benefit, Sherpa, Launches
- Bachman-Styer CEO Jeffrey Styer Resigns
"The rules governing tax returns are complex and a robust knowledge of the law is required, says Scott Artman, NATP Executive Director. "It is important for the IRS to ensure that tax return preparers are held to a standard that corresponds with the importance of the role that they play." Approaching this problem from a minimum competency perspective is more effective than dealing with the problem after the taxpayer has been harmed by a bad or incompetent tax preparer.
More on eTradeWire News
- Four Key Reasons to Attend SMi's 2019 Biosimilars Conference
- 1st Choice Towing Sydney - Setting a New Standard for Emergency Towing
- Hurricane releases cover of Queen / David Bowie classic "Under Pressure"
- Black Owned Jewelers, Moijey Fine Jewelry And Diamonds Reboots Brand + Re-Launches Site
- New WordPress Plugin Feature: Line Chart Graphing
NATP believes effective and not overly-burdensome regulation of all tax return preparers is necessary and should be demonstrated through minimum competency requirements and/or through qualifying continuing education standards. It is in the best interest of the taxpayer for a tax preparer to be properly vetted and to have demonstrated proficiency in understanding the requirements to properly file a return. As an organization, NATP has long supported minimum standards and last year the NATP Board of Directors reaffirmed this position with a white paper.
NATP looks forward to working with Congress to successfully pass the Taxpayer Protection and Preparer Proficiency Act of 2019 and better protect taxpayers from inaccurate, reckless, and/or fraudulent returns.
More on eTradeWire News
- Cowtown Electricians Services Is Now Available in Arlington Texas
- Brushwood Media Group brings on Award-Winning Director Len Rosen to direct New TV Show
- DCF Launches New Tuition-Free Four-Year College Prep Program
- Star-Studded Partnership, The Chi Group and International Entertainment Network
- Charles Stinson Named Director of Sales and Marketing of Signature Corporate Housing
About the National Association of Tax Professionals
NATP is the largest association dedicated to equipping tax professionals with the resources, networking and education they need to provide the highest level of service to their clients. NATP is comprised of over 23,000 leading tax professionals who serve more than 8 million taxpayers and believe in a superior standard of ethics and exemplify professional excellence. Members rely on NATP to deliver content expertise and advocacy that provides them with the support they need to best serve their clients. The organization welcomes all tax professionals in their quest to continually meet the needs of the public, no matter where they are in their careers.
The NATP headquarters is located in Appleton, WI. To learn more, visit www.natptax.com.
- Saint-Gobain Launches CeraGlide™ Boron Nitride Coatings
- Zen Clipper Precise™ is a Must-Have Product for Cat Owners and a Humane Alternative to Declawing
- Phosphoglycerate Mutase Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric/Fluorometric)
- 5 Rules for Your Skin & Body Care from Supermodel and Actress Agatha Maksimova
- Marshall Barnes, R&D Eng Makes Time Travel Announcement on Ground Zero Post Silicon Valley Comic Con
- Real Estate Video Marketing Strategies In 2019
- Orlando Tree Trek Adventure Park now open for nighttime adventures
- The information about autism everyone needs to hear
- The Florida Liquor License Lottery…Simplified!
- Gulf Coast Village appoints Jackie Fair as administrator for Palmview assisted living and memory sup
- ICATT Apprenticeship Program Welcomes Kaskaskia College to its Network
- BOOM! Boomer Esiason and Phil Simms Return to Red Bank, NJ for Garmany Boom
- Take A Perilous Quest To Another World In "The Changeling's Daughter" By Author R. Chris Reeder
- The Toothboss announces mini-implant offering
- For Skip Hartzell, "The Dog Artist," Inspiration Comes In The Form Of A Furry Friend
- Tarps Now® Expands Concrete Curing Blanket Solutions for the Construction Industry
- Alten Construction breaks ground on Fire Station 70
- American Momentum Bank grows Association Banking division with new hire
- WorldAware Expands Team with Top Public Food Safety Expert
- The Islander Gift Store in Fort Myers Beach now carries Fortune Cookie Art