Popular on eTradeWire
- Gulf Coast Village's Jennifer Cason earns Healthcare Hero Award from Volunteers of America - 204
- 8th Annual Texas Black Business Economic Forecast - 2021 - 192
- QLSM is 5 Years of Therapy In Just 3 Hours Science Backed - 173
- Marc Ganzi, CEO of Colony Capital, Announced as a Keynote at The Connected Virtual Tech Event November 16th 2020 - 139
- The Online Box Office Film Festival teams up with 3rd Fathom Films
- Paige Dimakos named CEO of The Draft Network
- Readiness Associates forms strategic partnership with CloudOak
- HHS Kills $250K Health Campaign; Deja Vu
- Great Kids Books You Never Knew Existed
- Casual workers left out to dry by Broxbourne Council during pandemic
Similar on eTradeWire
- Youth Theology Network Leads the Way in Vocational Discernment Expertise
- The 3rd Global Online Prayer Meeting to end COVID-19 brought together 23 religions from 73 countries
- The Joe Biden And Kamala Harris Team Has Changed America And The World
- Season Two of the Groundbreaking Television Series "The Chosen" Shooting in Utah
- Thought Pros, LLC Announces Launch of Exciting New Web Portal
- Near-Death Experience Researcher Seeks Respondents for Online Survey as Part of New Study and Book
- Gwinnett County Helping Hands Disaster Relief Volunteers Assisted Pensacola Residents the Second Time in Less Than a Month
- Alfred Street Baptist Church Donates Over $ 1 Million to Community-Based Organizations & National Nonprofits Through Their Tithe the Tithe Initiative
- New Book 'God is Enough for Me' Debut's on Amazon
National Museum of African American History and Culture Presents "gOD-Talk 2.0: Digital #BlackFaith" With Mandisa Thomas, Atlanta, Ga Area Resident
Cierra Jefferson (202) 633-7812; email@example.com
Black Nonbelievers Founder and President Mandisa Thomas will be a featured panelist in the Smithsonian's National Museum of African American History and Culture's (NMAAHC) "gOD-Talk 2.0: Digital #BlackFaith" online program at NMAAHC's website (https://nmaahc.si.edu/god-talk-black-millennial...) and its Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/NMAAHC) Tuesday, Oct. 27, from 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. ET. In its third year, the Telly and Shorty award-winning program will feature leading intergenerational African American voices exploring how religion and spirituality are evolving in digital spaces in the age of COVID-19. The free event includes two panel discussions with 14 distinguished activists, entertainers, educators, scholars and religious leaders.
More on eTradeWire News
- 29th Annual Whitaker St. Louis International Film Festival announces award winners and attendance
- Sioux Falls Storm Player, John Williams, Has Much To Be Thankful For
- Holidays 2020 - What Kind of Shopper are you?
- Let Treehaus, a locally sourced boutique in Atwater Village help you find the perfect holiday gifts! And we'll even send them for you
- Century 22 Solutions Joins UF Innovate | The Hub
"'gOD-Talk' brings together an exceptional group of panelists to discuss timely issues with religion and spirituality today," said Teddy R. Reeves, museum specialist of religion at NMAAHC. "This groundbreaking program expands the public discourse around Black faith and spirituality. It is moving the conversation beyond the traditional forms of religious practice to better understand the new and dynamic ways that individuals are choosing to engage with religion in the digital age."
"I am excited and honored to be a part of the Smithsonian's 'gOD-Talk' program," says Mandisa Thomas. "These important conversations about Black faith are needed now during this pandemic more than ever, and it is also crucial to include those of us who do not believe in god at all. We have always been a part of our communities, and our voices are necessary."
This year "gOD-Talk" will take place online only, and will be an intergenerational (Baby Boomers, Gen X, Millennials and Gen Z) conversation. Previously the program has been produced in the following cities with a live audience: Atlanta, Los Angeles, Chicago and Virginia Beach.
More on eTradeWire News
- Kühler Co.'s Collection Launched Safely And Successfully At "Da Spot" In Ci
- Local Canadian Football Player Shares his message of Thankfulness as Thanksgiving approaches
- Craftsmen Industries Acquires GDS Retail and Display Graphics
- Free Agent, Andy St. Fleur, Stays Thankful Despite the Surprises in 2020
- The Voice Season 12 Winner Chris Blue Releases Pulsating New Single,"Back 2 The Future"
The National Museum of African American History and Culture opened Sept. 24, 2016, on the National Mall in Washington, D.C. Occupying a five-acre site adjacent to the Washington Monument, the nearly 400,000-square-foot museum is the nation's largest and most comprehensive cultural destination devoted exclusively to exploring, documenting and showcasing the African American story and its impact on American and world history. For more information about the museum, visit nmaahc.si.edu or call Smithsonian information at (202) 633-1000.
The Center for the Study of African American Religious Life promotes scholarship, collects religious artifacts and produces public programming to expand the ways religion is acknowledged and explored by the nation's research and cultural institutions. The center provides resources and convening opportunities to study the central role religion has played in shaping African American history and culture with a global community of faith leaders, scholars and the public.
- Hollywood Film Director Jack Cook
- Blush & Whimsy Sets Up Shop in Austin
- HexGn & Africa Islamic Economic Foundation Team up to Train 100,000 Youth in Africa for Innovation Economy
- RSVP Of South Florida To Thank USPS Mail Couriers With Mailbox Social Media Campaign
- autopom! Offering Vehicle Protection Plans for New and Used Cars
- Trae Tha Truth and Harris County Reach an Agreement That Allows Inmates to Attend Virtual Funerals
- Agent Advice Best Brokerages of 2020
- A Hunt County Grand Jury Returned a Criminal Indictment Against Former Wolfe City Officer
- Singer-Songwriter Stephen Winston Breathes Life In latest Single "Winter's Breath Warms The Heart"
- Brian E. Taylor To Be Featured In Groundbreaking Atlanta Bookstore
- 20Lighter Announces Orthopedic Surgery Alliance
- Dialysis Clinic, Inc. Completes the Largest Dialysis Clinical Trial in the United States
- BA Insight Announces Out of the Box Connector for Thomson Reuters Practical Law
- Shop Unique Handcrafted Gifts at the Spruill Gallery
- Used 2013 Hyundai Veloster for Sale!
- A Happier Thanksgiving: Thanks for Giving Campaign
- We Partnering Up For aTOY DRIVE
- Histria Books announces its newest imprint Prende Publishing
- Alertus Technologies' Upcoming Virtual Seminar Helps Organizations Navigate a New COVID-19 Landscape
- Music That Speaks On World Sadness