Popular on eTradeWire
- Rising Attention on Trauma Recovery Highlighted by Slew of New Products Designed for Mental Health Support - 191
- Central Park Resale (CPR) Brings Consignment, Resale and Thrift Store to Central Park West Community; Location is First Resale Store in CPW Community - 143
- Actress Marcia Cross Hosts Virtual Town Hall with U.S. Representatives Kathy Castor (FL) and Dr. Kim Schrier (WA) on the "PREVENT HPV Cancers Act" - 139
- David A. Fiensy Releases New Book - The Journey: Spiritual Growth in Galatians and Philippians - 138
- FIXED OPS DIGITAL Announces New Drive Service SPECIALS Product - 123
- FREE ROKU Channel From ProPics Canada Media Going Live Around the World - 117
- Journey Medical Corp Announces New Journey with the Experts Video Featuring David Gorsulowsky, MD
- GT Medical Technologies Spotlights its GammaTile® Therapy for Brain Tumors at the 2021 Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS)
- Oklahoma The Newest Meet Now App has Arrived "Sooner" than Expected!
- Antoine Dunn's LOSE IT ALL premiers on BET SOUL as Song Breaks BILLBOARD R&B Top 40 Charts
Similar on eTradeWire
- Steve Muehler Securities Announces its Private Placement Specialty Insurance Group Spinoff
- D'ron Forbes Takes The Topic of Value Investing To The Next Level
- Benchmark International Successfully Facilitated the Transaction between Warnock Tanner & Associates
- Micro ATM Machine with least documentation in India By Biznext
- From Sandy Hook to the World: How One Woman Turned Tragedy into Triumph
- Samsun & Necole Awarded Contract For Andersson Windows And Doors Ltd
- Nutrition Industry Executive Awarded Runner-Up for NIE 2021 Award Category: Excipients/Non-Actives/Delivery Systems to Stratum Nutrition's VitaSperse
- LichtensteinRE.com Has Sold a Development Site with Approved Plans for $950,000 in The Bronx
- LichtensteinRE.com Sold a Multifamily Property in Yonkers for $750,000
- Introducing the Summer Careers Academy
Some of the key findings from this year's report include:
- The majority of tax professionals prepare a mixture of simple and complex returns, and 18% prepare returns for those who need representation.
- The most common number of returns prepared is between 101 and 300 returns each year. 42% of members derive 81-100% of their revenue from tax preparation. Other services most commonly offered are bookkeeping, tax planning, payroll taxes. 30% of respondents are looking to expand their other services.
- 51% of respondents saw an increase in individual returns, 32% stayed the same and 16% saw a decrease.
- Overall, on average, tax professionals increase their fees $10 since 2019 for individual returns, regardless of the method. The average set dollar rate per hour increased $18 since 2019. The most common method of pricing for 1040 individual tax prep services is minimum fee plus cost based on complexity of return.
- Across the board, when tax professionals raise their fees, they raise them for both new clients and existing clients.
"Knowledge is power. Having an understanding of the market for their services allows our members to establish fees in a manner that is commensurate with the value they provide to their clients," said NATP Executive Director Scott Artman, CPA, CGMA.
More on eTradeWire News
- Author Meets Her Great Aunt for the First Time and Dedicates a Vampire Book to Her
- Sip LLC Announces the Launch of Sip! Extraordinary Drinking Chocolate
- Get To Know Matt "MK" Kiatipis a little more!
- Matt Kiatipis (MK) Takes the Internet and Street Ball Basketball by Storm
- Mounts Botanical Garden Will Be Hosting 13 Events
This year's Tax Professional Fee Study also showed many tax professionals are undercharging their clients compared to their competitors, which leaves room for increasing fees. However, this can be difficult to do. NATP members can attend a free webinar that will explain the fee study, in depth, and outline how to strategically raise their fees without alienating clients.
This webinar is free and only available to NATP members. To view a copy of the full NATP 2021 Tax Preparer Fee Study, or to speak with someone about its findings, contact NATP Marketing Director Nancy Kasten at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About NATP: The National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP) is the largest association dedicated to equipping tax professionals with the resources, connections and education they need to provide the highest level of service to their clients. 23,000 members rely on NATP to deliver professional connections, content expertise and advocacy that provides them with the support they need to best serve their clients. The NATP headquarters is located in Appleton, WI. To learn more, visit www.natptax.com.
More on eTradeWire News
- Megan Rapinoe and Sue Bird's Personal Nutritionist launches the first Health NFT Project
- Hospitality Funding Arranges $60M Construction Loan for 212-Room Austin Cambria
- Save on Tutoring Lessons On All Courses At Learnalgebralessons.com
- ICS Australia is now calling for papers for its Closing the Gap Conference series
- TVS Pet Parade Network.Com Adds The Undersea World of Jacques Cousteau to Winter Schedule
Looking for a tax expert? Rhonda Collins, EA, CPA, MBA, is the director of tax content and government relations at the National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP). Collins has a diverse background of over 25 years in the industry. As a licensed CPA and EA, Collins can represent clients before the IRS. She is available for phone or video interviews to discuss federal tax topics including tax law change and its implications, taxpayer issues, tax preparer regulation and more. To schedule an interview with Collins, contact email@example.com.
Nancy Kasten, marketing and communications director
- Thank You! With Deepest Gratitude
- LaDàna – #FKLMdoc & Her Dedication to Justice-Impacted Youth
- How Bulldog Mobile Billboards Uses Experiential Advertising To Promote Businesses
- Radio Host and PR Star Adrienne Mazzone
- Snell & Wilmer Welcomes Justin B. Birtcher to Phoenix Office
- New Platform Launches Making It Easy to Shop Online for Ethical Products
- Financing - Auto Loan for any credit situation, Good/Bad Credit, Newcomer and Bankruptcy
- With The Holidays Near And Retail Crime Up, Stores Begin Adding Security Guards
- LA Small Business Development Center Network & PPE Unite to Distribute PPE to Area Small Businesses
- 2015 BMW Series on Sale in GTA!
- Used 2018 Lexus NX available for Sale at Our Dealership!
- Minority Owned Business Breaking into the World of Franchising
- Bee Removal Service that doesnt kill the bees!
- Hernando County Emergency Physicians Joins Emergency Care Partners
- Costacos Collection Announces Inaugural NFT Drop with Baseball Legend Willie Mays
- Dentist, Transformational Coach and Consultant, Dr. Teresa Faye Morris, Hit Amazon Best-Seller Lists
- Dairy Queen's Miracle Treat Day helps serve hope for kids Oct. 28
- Public-private Partnership Delivers Critical Resource To Los Angeles Foster Families
- The historic antebellum Adams French mansion home in Aberdeen, Mississippi is for sale, for $750,000
- 'Women In Real Estate' Host Empowerment Networking Event at Tower City In Cleveland, Oh