Popular on eTradeWire
- Multi-Media Entertainment Conglomerate, ZATA Entertainment, LLC. to Bring Diversity and Inclusion to Las Vegas - 690
- Ether-1 Cryptocurrency Price Up 900% in 2021 As Demand For It's Censorship-Proof Hosting Platform Skyrockets Organizations Push Back Against Big-Tech - 672
- Hawaiian Airlines Reservations Cheap Tickets - 655
- Indiana Roadside Markers on YouTube - 646
- Small Vermont Business Owner Gets a Big Break - 638
- 420 Enthusiasts Prepare to Celebrate Adult Use with Outdoor Shopping and Music Festival ft Hip-Hop group the Luniz - 599
- Fifty States of Vodka is Now Available in Every Total Wine In Florida - 535
- Reserve early if you plan visiting State and National Parks - 482
- Beyond Times Square Launches New Logo to Embrace the Future of Luxury Travel - 469
- Lets Yangtze River Cruise Fever Commence - 447
Similar on eTradeWire
- In Celebration of Earth Day, The Black Doll Affair Introduces its Paper Doll Line and Announces a Partnership with a Mermaid!
- JFK honored as "First Irish-Catholic President" in New Bill
- New Website For Pop Art Phenomenon 'Whatshisname'
- Resolution Introduced in New York City Council Calls on the United States to Endorse United Nations Convention on Biological Diversity
- Womxn of Color Summit's The Art of Authentic Living Brought Over 350 Women of Color and Non-Binary People of Color Together to Heal in Community
- Debut Novel "EO-N" Wins Reader Views Best Historical Fiction Award
- Osteria Del Teatro Welcomes the Women behind the newest Meet Now App WinknDrink!
- Singer, Songwriter, Pianist, Isabel Marcheselli Garners Generous Grant Support
- PocketSuite Partners With ShearShare to Help Stylists Boost Business
- Horoscope Signs Art - Zodiac Symbols Gift Shop Just Launched
The Youth of the Year program honors students who exemplify the virtues of good character, academic excellence, community service and strong leadership. Because this year's awards program was virtual, the Boys & Girls Club will continue to accept donations from supporters unable to join the Youth of the Year livestream on Feb. 23.
Germain, an 18-year-old senior at Mason Classical Academy in Naples, has been a Boys & Girls Club member for 13 years and credits the nonprofit organization for helping him develop academically, socially and emotionally.
"Lovensky is a perfect representative for the values that the Boys & Girls Club promotes, like leadership, character, academic excellence and community service," said Megan McCarthy Beauvais, president and CEO of the Boys & Girls Club of Collier County. "Like many of our students, Lovensky has faced obstacles, but his achievements show that perseverance, a good attitude and guidance from dedicated mentors can put any youth on the right trajectory in life."
More on eTradeWire News
- Global Sedition poised to make music history
- Groove-Ment Records releases new R&B hit "Summer Baby"
- Boca Raton Historical Society & Museum to Host Wine-Tasting at Farmer's Table on May 12
- THE PRICE IS RIGHT LIVE™ Is Coming to the Coral Springs Center for the Arts
- Tommy Rice Featuring Patricia Barrett "The Greatest Love Of Them All" Makes Impact At Radio
Though just a teen himself, Germain understands that he is seen and heard by younger peers, and welcomes it if they see him as a role model.
"I want to be the person a child looks up to when they feel like they can't go on any longer," said Germain, who was a Youth of the Year finalist in 2020. "I want to show children that no matter where you came from, you can achieve the great things which you desire through hard work and perseverance."
Joining Germain in the spotlight at the virtual Youth of the Year ceremony were finalists Michelle Azord and Marck Massillon. More than 100 virtual attendees joined the livestream, which also recognized Lea Cole Smith with the 2021 Giving is Living Award. Smith is a longtime supporter and volunteer who has served on the board since 1996 and as chair of the FORE-the-Kids golf tournament.
The Boys & Girls Club raised nearly $400,000 in gifts and sponsorships during the Youth of the Year program. Donations will continue to be accepted through the nonprofit's secure online portal by visiting http://www.BGCCC.com and clicking on the green donate button, or calling 239-325-1700.
- Waterside Productions Announces New Book "The Redhead in the Cove"
- Carlos Kelly Named Chair of Henderson Franklin's Business Litigation Department
- SmartBear Renames Test Management Solution in Jira to Offer Zephyr for Every Level of DevOps Matur
- Transaction is part of aggressive expansion plans by K1 Speed
- A Modern-day Fairy Tale of Finding Love in the Most Unexpected Places: LOVE MATCH by Laire McKinney
- About Payeex Payment Processing
- The 15th Annual West Suburban Illinois
- UVGI. The Antidote for What's In the Air! ~Russell Gans
- SOSS Door Hardware Releases First Wrap Around Concealed Hinge
- Self-Preservation: A Complex Human Instinct - Exhibit
- Chef Dean Fearing to Join In Celebrating Equest 40th Anniversary Gala
- What Is The Hype With Norsara CBD Gummies?
- Junior Service League Of Hendersonville To Host Four Man Golf Scramble
- KeysCaribbean Extends 'Advance Purchase Rate Discount' Special Offer for a Florida Keys Vacation
- Amazon Shoppers Love This 5 Star Rated Bedding Comforter from Kasentex
- Simplify Joins The Evolve IP Partner Program
- Author Robert Child inks Book Deal with Bloomsbury Publishing for Immortal Valor
- Goodwill MicroEnterprise transitions to in-person classes
- Fifth Round Nominees For The Latin Podcast Awards 2021
- New Workforce Training Opportunities in Charlotte County