Popular on eTradeWire
- Onlive Server Announced Indian Cloud VPS Hosting in India with SSD Storage and Unlimited Bandwidth 273
- The On It Foundation Helps Professional Athletes and Celebrities Give Back through Fiscal Sponsorship 250
- TVS Quiz Show Network To Produce More than 500 Episodes of New TVS Quiz Show Episodes 201
- Consortiums fulfill requirement for random drug testing programs 171
- 5 Steps To Turn Your Ideas Into Actions from Your Marketing Superheroes 162
- Wormhole Labs Partners With MagicLinks to provide safe and social shopping during COVID19 Pandemic 157
- Reader Views Literary Awards Announces Addition Of Two Cash Awards For Grand Prize Winners In Fiction And Non-fiction 153
- Drive-thru art experience provides excitement during pandemic 143
- Escape the Room Locations Reopen Nationwide For a Safe And Exciting Night Out 125
- DW Sanders Tile & Stone Contracting Pledges $1,000 per Month to CTEF During COVID-19 Pandemic 108
Similar on eTradeWire
- Design and Order Name Badges Online with New Online Virtual Name Badge Designer
- NeoMetrix Expands 3D Printer Farm with Markforged Onyx One 3D Printer
- NHR Presents Live Webinar: Electric Aircraft Test Approaches
- Stratasys Platinum Channel Partner PADT Expands 3D Printing System Sales Into Texas to Meet the Growing Demand for Prototyping and End-Use Products
- Research and Development efforts result in economical flame-resistant foam
- Smokescreen eyes a larger share of the global cybersecurity pie; appoints Preekshit Gupta as Head of Sales – India, MEA, and, APAC
- CNC Machining Company Elite Tooling of Kalamazoo, MI, Acquired by FabX Industries
- MentorAPM Releases Version 3 of Groundbreaking CMMS and Asset Performance Management Suite
- Liquatite® Conduit Types LA, ZHLA, and CBLA now CSA Certified "Heavy-Duty"
- DelMar Aerospace Corporation Launches New Service: Rapid Deployment Solutions
MULTI-FUN project aims to enable multi-materials metal additive manufacturing for complex 3D parts without size constraints
The project focuses on Metal Additive Manufacturing by applying combinations of different materials, combined with the most appropriate AM technology for the deposition, to maximize the benefits. Wire and powder based directed energy deposition (DED) and material jetting are employed in new AM equipment combining different AM technologies with tailored software. The inclusion of nano-materials allows the integration of novel and breakthrough features, such as heat sink materials with the highest thermal conductivity, a high degree of integral design that makes it possible to embed electrical conductors in complex shaped metal structures, and the addition of sensing and data transfer capabilities to the equipment and software development. In addition, the integration of tailored optical fibres will enable bringing advanced thorough sensing capabilities to the manufactured parts to perform Structural Health Monitoring (SHM).
An ambitious project to broaden the scope of usage for metal additive manufacturing
The project has a total of four science and technology objectives. The first objective pertains to the development of five new materials customized for additive manufacturing, with a minimum of three of them using nanotechnology. This will allow for the creation of new products by maximizing thermal conductivity, minimizing electrical conductivity and/or improving wear resistance of metals. As a result of this objective, the development of new products is expected thanks to the advanced structural metals and corresponding active material solutions for innovative multiple functionalities. The second addresses new processes and it entails the development of Additive Manufacturing equipment and software to produce the requested material compositions during the layer build-up. In total, at least 10 new material combinations applying 5 new materials will be shown by the 7 demonstrators for different applications. The expected result is an innovative additive manufacturing equipment that integrates several additive manufacturing technologies working in parallel.
More on eTradeWire News
- Lies Behind The Woods - Bradley Cornish Releases New Psychological Thriller
- Legal Impact - Natl Urban League Report on Blacks and COVID [2-5PM]
- Douglas Stockton Named Growth And Development Director At Northwestern Mutual-Chesterfield
- Find Your ID NYC Presents: Three More Days Until the #BlackoutFundraiser
- First Time Buyer Mortgage Advice in Essex
The third science and technology objective aims to manufacture and evaluate 7 physical
demonstrators with multi-material design and integrated multi-functionalities, for 3 use cases (structural parts, molds, test equipment), addressing 4 different markets (automotive, aviation, space and production industry). The expected end result is related to new methods and it will contribute to the development of new knowledge on increased efficiency of parts & molds due to integrated, multimaterial-based functions. The last objective relates to the constant assessment and improvement through a feedback loop of the reduction of environmental and economic impact, by evaluating additive manufacturing materials, hardware, process strategy and demonstrator design. The expected key result from this objective relates to new standards and it will enhance knowledge and
contribute to standards and support regulatory bodies adapting to multi-material additive
The expected impact will be felt mani-fold. The defined KPIs fall into three main groups, including:
- First, the improvement of the efficiency, quality and reliability of the product by at least 40%;
- Secondly a better usage of raw materials and resources with reduced environmental impact and lowering costs by 35% as demonstrated by Life Cycle Assessment; and
- Lastly, it will provide new opportunities & business for SMEs across Europe, namely for the key players in advanced materials research in Additive Manufacturing.
This three-year project brings together a total of twenty-one partners from eight countries – Austria, Switzerland, Germany, Spain, United Kingdom, Poland, Portugal and Belgium. sets a clear focus on market-creating innovation, developing advanced materials and equipment for Additive Manufacturing of multi-material parts. Leading experts in AM process & equipment manufacturing (from SMEs, IND, RTOs and UNIV) will fully cover the physical integration of these advanced materials into metallic substrates.
Consortium members include:
Austria: LKR Leichtmetallkompetenzzentrum Ranshofen GmbH (www.ait.ac.at/en/lkr); voestalpine Metal Forming GmbH (https://www.voestalpine.com/group/en/divisions/metal-forming/); Inocon Technologie GmbH (https://www.inocon.at/); RHP Technology GmbH (https://www.rhp-technology.com/en); Peak Technology GmbH (https://www.peaktechnology.at/en/); Alpex Technologies GmbH (https://www.alpex-tec.com/de/willkommen-bei-alpex.html); AVL List GmbH (https://www.avl.com/)and RUAG Space GmbH (https://www.ruag.com/en). Belgium: European Federation for Welding, Joining and Cutting (https://www.ewf.be/). Germany: Deutsches Zentrum Fuer Luft – Und Raumfahrt EV, Institute of Materials Research (https://www.dlr.de/wf/en); Fraunhofer Gesellschaft Zur Foerderung der Angewandten Forschung E.V. (https://www.fraunhofer.de/); MIGAL.CO GmbH (https://www.migal.co/english/home/) and EDAG Engineering GmbH (https://www.edag-engineering.de/). Poland: INPHOTECH SP ZOO (https://inphotech.pl/). Portugal: Instituto de Soldadura e Qualidade – ISQ (https://www.isq.pt/). Spain: Fundation BCMaterials – Basque Centre for Materials, Applications and Nanostructures (https://www.bcmaterials.net/); LORTEK S COOP (http://www.lortek.es/) and Aerotecnic Metallic SL (https://www.aerotecnic.es/es/).
More on eTradeWire News
- Things To Keep In Mind When Designing A Basement Suite
- Inc. Magazine Publishes List of America's Fastest-Growing Companies—the Inc. 5000
- Wild Bird Centers of America Reports Boom in Sales During Pandemic
- 143VINYL (Formerly 651VINYL) Is Excited To Officially Change Our Name
- AdvisorSmith Finds the Best Cities for Working From Home
Switzerland: Aluwag AG (https://www.aluwag.ch/). United Kingdom: Cranfield University (https://www.cranfield.ac.uk/) and WAAM3D Limited (https://waam3d.com/).
The MULTI-FUN project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 862617.
About the European Federation for Welding, Joining and Cutting
EWF is a pioneer in implementing a harmonized qualification and certification system for joining professionals. Through European projects EWF has been innovating in training methodologies and involved in the development of new technologies and uses for joining and additive manufacturing. Through its member organisations, EWF has established a firm link to the local industry, providing knowledge and training as well as participating in research initiatives that address the most pressing questions and challenges in the field of joining technologies.
More info at: www.multif-fun.eu
- NHR Presents Live Webinar: Electric Aircraft Test Approaches
- Doctor Uses His Profound Spiritual Journey to Inspire Others
- 143VINYL (formerly 651VINYL) is excited to officially change our name
- 143VINYL™ Adds StarCraft SoftFlex 12" x 5' Yard Rolls To Their Product Line
- Braces and Invisalign in Exton Cost Only $3,995 with No Hidden Fees
- The Rich Get Richer... By Design
- MIRAmedtech and Bio-Infusions Join Forces in Bringing Aesthetic Medical Innovations to the USA
- Empowering children's picture book aims to whisk away young readers on magical adventures
- Edge-pushing dubstep record label announces relaunch, new EDM single
- CEO Coaching International Recognized on the Inc. 5000 List for Sixth Consecutive Year with Three-Year Revenue Growth of 221.5%
- CNet Training Receives Silver Award from UK Ministry of Defence
- Reimagining Healthcare: How clinicians and administrators reduce risk, waste and disjointed services
- Tecan expands presence in the United States with new distribution agreement
- Country artist Teddy Ray Bryant Lands deal with Rock Solid Talent Entertainment
- Hope for young high achievers in this pandemic world
- Hip Hop's Rising Star Blac Lou Caine Shows Appreciation to Fans All Around the World
- Scramble New Fiction Novel by Fred Williams
- Two Hispanic women create international gastronomic summit in Spanish to combat Covid's effect
- Just Say No to Fabric and Cloth Masks
- Summer Hill Films announces the North American DVD and VOD release of the online romance, IRL!