Popular on eTradeWire News
- My Size, Inc. has potential takeover from Alibaba Group 1671
- Seasoned Music Executive Mike Neely Bridges the Gap Between Music & Education 399
- ATEN to Offer HDBaseT Certification Training During Almo 2018 E4 AV Tour 182
- Michael W. Smith Leads "Just As I Am" During Rev. Billy Graham Capitol Service Today 118
- United Premier Soccer League Announces OKC 1889 as New Central Conference Expansion Team 112
- Indie Rapper Hot Dizzy Continues to Spread Energetic Vibes in Music Zone 102
- UP Board exams 2018: Class 10 Science paper and Class 12 Physics paper cancelled due to paper leak
- 2017 Bram Stoker Awards® Winners
- Harbor Associates Expands Suburban Office Portfolio with Thousand Oaks and Valencia Buys for $56 MM
- Jonas Caino Obodoefuna Becomes a Nigerian Igbo Life Peer in the Ancient "Nze na Ozo" Institution
Similar on eTradeWire News
- Mark Hastings Blue Springs-LTC Part B Billing
- Calling All Physician Innovators - DocCharge launches its special Physician Innovator Program!
- New York City Invests in Drug Addiction Treatments
- Barriers to Effective Addiction Treatment Programs in Seattle
- Milwaukee Area Dentist Tony Cigno Publishes New Article About Dentistry Advances
- Fasting can accrue health benefits when done right
- Knox Chiropractic & Wellness Is the Ultimate Destination for All Needs
- Liveyon Stem Cells | Regenerative Medicine
- Keep Smiling with Gentle Dental Putney and Make Your Personality Bright and Charming
- Learn About Intensive Care Treatment in Detail
WHO's Global TB Report 2017 highlights that under-reporting and under-diagnosis of TB cases continue to be a challenge, especially in countries with large unregulated private sectors and weak health systems, including India. Over 8.5 lakh people with TB are missing the treatment options as per the report.
Speaking about this, Padma Shri Awardee Dr K K Aggarwal, President Heart Care Foundation of India (HCFI) and Immediate Past National President Indian Medical Association (IMA), said, "TB is a major public health concern in the country. Despite advances in TB care, the disease continues to be a major cause of morbidity and mortality. And, it takes a heavy toll on the economy too. Emergence and spread of drug-resistant TB has become a major public health concern now.
More on eTradeWire News
- GPBX Introduces Their All-New Plans "White Label Hosted Solution"
- Ultratech to buy Binani cements for rs7266 crore
- Introducing reliable, ultra-modern & Water Proof Temperature Controllers
- How to get the house plans in 7 simple steps
- Sujata Chatterjee's book Looking Through the Prism: Spectrum advocates for optimism and positivity
- D2 TEAM-Sim Selects VE Studio® to Develop Advanced 3D Virtual Training Solutions
- Plantation Shutters - Always Thinking Outside The Box
Reporting is an important aspect of tracing contacts of those with infectious TB. All contacts of the patient should be screened for TB and put on treatment if required. This cascade of screening of contacts, at home and workplace, identifies individuals at risk and prevents further spread of TB, including MDR TB.
Contact tracing interrupts the chain of transmission of the disease by early diagnosis of cases as well as timely and complete treatment."
People with conditions like HIV, diabetes mellitus, malnutrition and those on treatment with immuno-suppressant drugs (anti-cancer, corticosteroids etc.) are at a greater risk of developing TB disease once infected.
Adding further, Dr Aggarwal, who is also the Vice President of CMAAO, said, "The approach to all notifiable diseases should be based on DTR: Diagnose, Treat, and Report. Diagnose early, using sputum Gene Xpert test; Treat: Complete and effective treatment based on national guidelines, using FDC; and Report: Mandatory reporting."
Another way is GTN: gene expert test, trace and treat every case and contact and notify.
Dr. K K Aggarwal
- Electric Vehicle India Summit in association with NITI Aayog on 18th & 19th June 2018, India
- Why Choose Archplanest.com for your Dream Home Project
- Analysis of Attitude Towards Healthy Eating in U.K.: Increase In High Fiber and Whole Wheat Grains
- WizMantra Pertains the Most Engaging Approach To Edify the English language
- Affordable Company Incorporation in Singapore- SBS Consulting Pte Ltd
- Wooden Street – Your ideal destination to buy wooden benches online
- GAMESPARK™ Announces Augmented Reality Platform
- MFAdirect presents Bio Wash- a Vegetable and Fruit Wash under Homesense category
- Funky Dreamer Storytime Enters Latino Children's Book Market with Two New Spanish Editions
- Cell Line Development Services Market To Witness Steady Growth In The Coming Decade
- Saudi Arabia Pillow Market (2018-2024)-6Wresearch
- Digital Marketing Services in India | Digital Marketing Services in Delhi
- Perfume: Perfect gift for Mothers day
- Mobile app development will dominate the year 2018 in London
- China's ancient irrigation system under threat
- Avail CDR Report Help By Proficient Writers
- Sistahs in Business Expo Announces Official Host for Newark, NJ Tour Stop
- ShearShare is One of Eleven Startups to Pitch at Google Demo Day 2018
- Ahmedabad Solar Is The Only Kirloskar Authorized Solar Panel Dealer And Expert In Ahmedabad
- Shero Comics to Host LA Book Launch Party for 3rd Installment of Black Superheroine Comic Series