Popular on eTradeWire
- Actress & Musician Linda Collins Uses Diverse Entertainment Background to Bring Unique Edge to Roles 1283
- Chelsea Village Selects Corner Property Management for Upscale Residences in Bridgewater Township NJ 1089
- Jason McIntosh--Apartment Association of Metro Denver Executive of the Year Finalist 1022
- ASA Appraisal Courses at Massachusetts College of Art and Design 341
- Uniting Cultures through Art and spreading Freedom - BantuFest Organization speaks on it 330
- Chubb Announced as Official Insurance Provider and Main Sponsor of 29th Edition of Art Miami 296
- Answers to the top 5 questions about concrete fasteners 216
- Seaside Art Gallery Announces "INspired by the Masters" with Artist Debra Keirce 207
- Speakeasy Art Gallery presents: ezerd - robots! robots! robots! 198
- In BLOOD OF THE FAE by Tom Mohan, Sometimes the Past Is Better Left Unknown… 197
Similar on eTradeWire
- Benchmark Receives Connecticut Assisted Living Association Awards
- Veteran antitrust attorney K. Todd Wallace comments on Atrium Health anti-steering case
- New franchisees join fast-growing Bonita Springs-based company
- TallGrass Spa and Salon expands CBD offerings
- AllMedx™ Names John Maillard Executive VP, Sales
- Learning and Development Becomes a Full-time Role
- The Cost of Braces in Pottstown Only $3,995
- ACCELERATING THE MARCH TOWARD GENDER JUSTICE An expert discussion hosted by Islamic Relief Worldwide
- TTOHC Welcomes Certified Hypnotherapist Tim Ringenberg
- MedTek Introduces End-to-End Healthcare Revenue Cycle Management Solution
WHO's Global TB Report 2017 highlights that under-reporting and under-diagnosis of TB cases continue to be a challenge, especially in countries with large unregulated private sectors and weak health systems, including India. Over 8.5 lakh people with TB are missing the treatment options as per the report.
Speaking about this, Padma Shri Awardee Dr K K Aggarwal, President Heart Care Foundation of India (HCFI) and Immediate Past National President Indian Medical Association (IMA), said, "TB is a major public health concern in the country. Despite advances in TB care, the disease continues to be a major cause of morbidity and mortality. And, it takes a heavy toll on the economy too. Emergence and spread of drug-resistant TB has become a major public health concern now.
More on eTradeWire News
- Farmington High School String Quartet to join the pros
- The State of Sundance Realty and the Oregon Market: November 2018
- Anderson Trade on Dealing with Hazardous Dusts with H-Class Vacuum Cleaners
- Resolutions 2019 on View at the Hillsborough Gallery of Arts
- Project Boon Partners with Inland Valley Recovery Services (IVRS) to Boost Community Outreach
- Attracting & Retaining People – Myths, Magic or Mayhem (Part 2)
- New Original Christmas Music from Renowned Producer
Reporting is an important aspect of tracing contacts of those with infectious TB. All contacts of the patient should be screened for TB and put on treatment if required. This cascade of screening of contacts, at home and workplace, identifies individuals at risk and prevents further spread of TB, including MDR TB.
Contact tracing interrupts the chain of transmission of the disease by early diagnosis of cases as well as timely and complete treatment."
People with conditions like HIV, diabetes mellitus, malnutrition and those on treatment with immuno-suppressant drugs (anti-cancer, corticosteroids etc.) are at a greater risk of developing TB disease once infected.
Adding further, Dr Aggarwal, who is also the Vice President of CMAAO, said, "The approach to all notifiable diseases should be based on DTR: Diagnose, Treat, and Report. Diagnose early, using sputum Gene Xpert test; Treat: Complete and effective treatment based on national guidelines, using FDC; and Report: Mandatory reporting."
Another way is GTN: gene expert test, trace and treat every case and contact and notify.
Dr. K K Aggarwal
- Ballet Theatre of Carmel Academy Presents 'The Nutcracker'
- Mccarthy Building Companies Expands National Renewable Energy Group
- The PEAK TV 12 Days of Giving Launches on Facebook Tomorrow
- Picture Perfect Drones: Let's Have Some Fun
- Intelligent Network Defense Tool Helps Organizations Strengthen Cyber Posture
- Erik Owen, CPA, serves as panelist at 2018 Wisconsin Owners Forum
- Annuit Coeptis bounty programs are here!
- Psychotherapist Raising Funds for First Subscription Box Designed to Prevent Screen Addiction
- Concrete Polishing Solutions Offers End-of-Year Promotions
- Annuit Coeptis airdrops, and bounties programs are here
- The Ins and Outs of Fastening Door Frames To Concrete
- df|Music Group Signature Series Announces The Release of 2 New Audio Content Products
- United Premier Soccer League Announces Inland Empire Salsa SC's Dual Expansion Teams
- Lee BIA Builders Care's second annual Charity Clay Shoot raises $34,000
- Titletown Manufacturing supplies high-quality replacement parts
- Sol Roots with special guests Ron Holloway, Mary eL, Matt Kelley in Northern Virginia
- Philz Coffee Partners with Intalytics to Expand their Unique Coffee Experience to New Communities
- SEP Announces Backup Performance Improvements for Citrix Xen Environments
- An Expanded Mississippi Valley Bike + Outdoor Expo plus an Outdoor Summit
- Milandr, Inc. and the Town of Florence, AZ Sign Contract to Build and Operate a LoRaWAN Network