Popular on eTradeWire
- Rosenberg Fans Canada Ltd. will be exhibiting at CIPHEX WEST- 2018 in Calgary 415
- The power of crypto community: The First UK Digibyte Event is on 253
- Fosway launches NEW 9-Grids™ for Cloud HCM and Talent Management 210
- Space Continuum LLC, Wins Contract from Obama Foundation 207
- PATRIZIA FIANDRINI - "Gran sera collection 2018 news" 171
- Newport Digital Marketing for Solicitors | Newport Solicitor SEO 169
- Dr. Noam Arzt named Fellow of the American Medical Informatics Association 148
- Kelly Hyman Attorney, Will Speak at Alliance of Women Trial Lawyers' Fall Conference 2018
- New Amazon Prime Series from Noirtainment "Marisa Romanov" to Debut Teaser at MIPCOM Cannes 2018
- Phastlife Media Group Launches Music Distribution with The Orchard
Similar on eTradeWire
- Freakstomp Music Festival turns three
- Psyche/Rock Band Revolushn To Release Highly Anticipated New Single "Little Red Dolls" 11/23/18
- Exile Brings More Than 50 Years of Music to Mill Town Music Hall this Christmas
- Indy Uchiha Release New Single
- Ty-Ron Mayes and Maria Borges Featured in Agenda Magazine Issue 6, "A Matter of Style"
- International Band The Great Emu War Casualties Release A Surprise EP Recorded in Liverpool
- The ZYG 808 On Hip-Hop As A Vehicle for Social Change
- Embark on a Mesmerizing Musical Exploration with SackJo22's New Album 'Songs of Dreams'
- Village People Release First Ever Christmas Song For 2018 Holiday Season
- Uncle Frank Drops Latest Single & Lyric Video "HEY!"
Since forming in 2014, the band has created diverse music, toured the country and played at several music festivals. While embracing the age of technology, Skydyed wonderfully captures the charm of playing instruments live and using the advantages of electronic sound. Music these days is very liberal in the sense where genres overlap and intertwine with one another. This band does a great job producing unique songs by blending such different genres. Listen here!
While I was at the Arise Music Festival, I had the amazing opportunity to sit down with Skydyed. They gave me some insight into the past, present, and future of the band. The trio was a blast to meet, very fun to chat with and incredible to see live. I caught their set on Saturday night after our interview where they played at the tented stage. The crowd, including myself, was full of individuals grooving to each song. The band's great energy definitely influenced the vibe of the set making it one of the highlights of my weekend!
Skydyed should definitely be on your radar, so be on the lookout for tour dates near you!
Read more of the exclusive interview below!
This was not your first time playing Arise, what makes this festival special to you?
AS: Well, we have played it every year that we have been a band since the first summer that we were ever actually doing it – so it just kind of feels like our home festival in a lot of ways. We are from Fort Collins so it's just down the road, only takes us twenty minutes to get here. All of our friends are here; we just have a lot of memories and history. Just kind of special to us.
More on eTradeWire News
- Historic Pann's Restaurant Celebrates 60 Years and Donates $20,000 To Inner City Youth
- Peerless-AV® Launches New Diamond Level of the Certified Installer Training Program
- CyanGate Joins Salesforce Consulting Program and Solidifies Presence in the Ecosystem
- The Lifetime Montessori School Difference: It's About Learning, Not Grades
- As Temperatures Cool, Pizza Patrón Turns Up The Heat
- Peak Physical Therapy & Sports Performance announces Mackenzie Corrigan as Athletic Trainer
- FocalPoint Welcomes Certified Business Coach Sharon Richter
That is amazing! Well what is your story, how did you start making music together in the first place?
MD: Andrew and I had some demos we were playing around with. Then we met our original drummer, Shane, who passed. From there, we met Craig and that's kind of the story.
AS: Do you want short cliff notes? Max and I grew up together and started playing music. We met our drummer and started playing shows, toured around the country, just kept growing. Parted ways with that drummer and he passed away last year super tragically and Craig has been taking over on the drums since last May and yeah that's basically the short version of the story.
Who you guys say are the artists that influence your sound and the music you make?
MD: Oh man, we're all over the place – I mean, I think we all have varying tastes and choices of music. I'm really influenced a lot by the psychedelic electronic music, stuff like Ott. or dance stuff like OPIUO too – just to name a couple artists also on the bill. Also a lot of rock bands like Circa Survive and Deerhunter – more post-rock kind of bands.
Awesome, well now let's go a bit out of Arise. What are your favorite venues or cities to play in?
CB: I really like Durango. You know it's not too far from here- it's like a seven-hour drive or so, but still in Colorado. I've just always had a great experience down there. There's a really cool venue that we always play there called the Animas City Theater and it's a historical theater that just holds maybe 300 people. I don't know the vibe there is always really good so Durango is definitely up there on my list personally. I don't know about you guys though?
More on eTradeWire News
- Freedom Hall presents – Corky Siegel's Chamber Blues and Lynne Jordan, Grand Finale wi
- Wesley House Hosts Digital Silent Auction to Raise Funds on Giving Tuesday
- AGS Stone selected as accredited fabricator for new high-performance alternative to granite
- "I Love My Black Daddy," No Matter What White Society & Obama Say
- White House Raises Red Herring Issue in Acosta Case
- Fort Myers Beach Goodwill Closing Nov. 24
- CMI Limited Co. Acquires Mantle Industries, Inc
AS and MD: Aspen. Yeah, Belly Up in Aspen is definitely a favorite.
So, mostly Colorado because the venues are just the best?
AS, MD and CB: Mostly Colorado – yeah, we're kind of spoiled.
MD: Colorado definitely had come of the cooler venues we have played. Well, actually Atlanta is really cool too. Atlanta is probably the coolest out of state place I think we've played.
Wonderful! So then how would you all describe tour life? Pros/ Cons?
MD: Oh, you're opening up a can of worms there.
AS: It is kind of like sitting in a van for a really long time, most of the time- and that's pretty much it.
MD: Yeah, you spend a lot of time listening to podcasts or on your phone or reading. Things like that.
MD: Or ideally working on music, but it's kind of hard to do that in the car.
CB: It tends to involve gas station food and also just crappy fast food too. Hard to avoid sometimes.
Yeah, I mean who doesn't love some Taco Bell?
AD: Well you're lucky to find Taco Bell when you're driving through the midwest.
I've noticed there are a lot of Subways everywhere.
CB: Subway's, McDonald's, Wendy's. Those are usually your options when you're on the road.
AD: All your sh***y food groups.
One last question, what do you guys have in store for the next few months?
MD: Absolutely nothing, we are ending the band right now.
Well, you heard it here first!
AD: Actually, we are about to announce our fall tour and the release of our next single. So, we will be on the road a lot in the next few months. Yeah, just playing a bunch of shows and releasing a bunch of music. You know 'band stuff.'
Visit https://Mix247EDM.COM for all of your EDM news and EDM festival coverage.
Mix 247 EDM
- One stop shop to help you with your Short- and Long-Term Care Planning to Protect against Medicaid
- Mountain Khakis, Catawba Brewing Soulshine Kölsch Raises $6K+ for Catawba Lands Conservancy
- Can Alterations make a Wedding Dress Bigger?
- SwiTrace I-Plug Dry Ice Data Loggers
- Renowned Media Personality John Fredericks Launches WJFN as a Richmond-Area News Talk Radio Station
- Meals on Wheels South Florida Joins Subaru of America in Sharing the Love This Holiday Season
- Opportunity to Learn Marine Appraising Aboard the Queen Mary, March 21-23, 2019
- Xtreme Kurves Gives Away Thanksgiving Dinner Shopping Spree to 4 Houston Families
- Remsoft Expands Offerings With Launch of Remsoft Operations
- Women in eDiscovery Announces 2019 Conference
- Marla Horsman Moves Business to RE/MAX DFW Associates
- Capture Meaning in Your Practice: Sustainable Movements
- Kick off the Holidays at Pheasant Run Resort
- Jonathan Longobardi Board President Western New England University School of Law Alumni Association
- United Premier Soccer League Announces Levi United FC as Southeast Conference Expansion Team
- DMS Search Marketing Experts Break Down Barriors Between Paid and Organic Strategies to Gain Marketing Wins in New Webinar
- Elite RV & Boat Storage taking reservations for new storage facility in south Lee County
- The European Commission & Xavier Rolet lead the opening keynotes at TMT Finance World Congress 2018
- Shutts & Bowen to Represent Numerous South Beach Businesses to Establish New BID
- Free QuickBooks Setup and 10% Discount with Interactive Accounting and Tax Services Pricing Tool