Popular on eTradeWire
- Ismail Sirdah on How to Enhance Your Marketing Efforts - 202
- Rising Attention on Trauma Recovery Highlighted by Slew of New Products Designed for Mental Health Support - 183
- Central Park Resale (CPR) Brings Consignment, Resale and Thrift Store to Central Park West Community; Location is First Resale Store in CPW Community - 136
- David A. Fiensy Releases New Book - The Journey: Spiritual Growth in Galatians and Philippians - 124
- What to do when someone dies in your family? - 119
- FIXED OPS DIGITAL Announces New Drive Service SPECIALS Product - 119
- FREE ROKU Channel From ProPics Canada Media Going Live Around the World - 111
- Journey Medical Corp Announces New Journey with the Experts Video Featuring David Gorsulowsky, MD
- GT Medical Technologies Spotlights its GammaTile® Therapy for Brain Tumors at the 2021 Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS)
- Antoine Dunn's LOSE IT ALL premiers on BET SOUL as Song Breaks BILLBOARD R&B Top 40 Charts
Similar on eTradeWire
- KRAVIS CENTER to Present Award-Winning Jazz Pianist & Singer DIANA KRALL on April 25
- PB PHOTO CENTRE Announces Winners of 25th Annual MEMBERS' SHOW
- The Boca Raton Historical Society Announces WALK OF RECOGNITION Inductees 2021
- Boca's Award-Winning Jazz Vocalist DEBORAH SILVER Releases Chart-Rising New EP 'Sunny Side'
- Food, Dance and Drama Show at Yoruba Cultural Center, Dallas, Texas
- Bronze sculpture by Henry Moore will headline Shannon's Fall Fine Art Auction, October 28th
- Fridge Art Fair Miami Art Week 2021
- Loretta Ana Kaufman to Exhibit In the National Association of Women Artists 132nd Annual Exhibition
- The Adelphi Orchestra Celebrates Discover Jersey Arts Month
- Two Steps from Nada: A Complex Transition
"Legacy," links the past, present, and future through artistic expression. The visuals of this exhibition depict Black women in the Victorian Era, a time period where images of Black women are often overlooked and excluded in documented history. The exhibition celebrates Black women for their intelligence, strength, beauty and much more through artistic expression.
More on eTradeWire News
- Dentist, Transformational Coach and Consultant, Dr. Teresa Faye Morris, Hit Amazon Best-Seller Lists
- Dairy Queen's Miracle Treat Day helps serve hope for kids Oct. 28
- Public-private Partnership Delivers Critical Resource To Los Angeles Foster Families
- The historic antebellum Adams French mansion home in Aberdeen, Mississippi is for sale, for $750,000
- 'Women In Real Estate' Host Empowerment Networking Event at Tower City In Cleveland, Oh
Awodiya Toluwani portrays these figures of our past using figurative expressionism paintings, which are built on the plethora of layered motifs he creates on canvas. These motifs are comprised of syllabograms, pictograms, and logograms, some of which are of historical significance that were used in communication within groups of West African cultures. Some of these motifs were created by Toluwani as he has placed his own meanings to these motifs to communicate with the viewers of his works.
The works included in this exhibition are portraits and figurative paintings. Captured intricately in these works are the subjects of these paintings interacting or reacting to their environment. Portrayal of the subjects' moods, expressions, and gestures, produce an intimate sensation for the viewer to feel the temperature of the time capsule the paintings depict.
This show is honoring the legacies of those who came before us as we presently build our legacies for those to follow. We take the lessons of our past, apply them to the present, because one day we will be the ancestors. Our stories today will one day be, the stories of the past.
For more information please visit our website.
- Fitness model reveals how to keep in good shape on social media
- Two Women From Different Countries Create a Skincare Brand That Illuminates Melanin Skin
- Meet the indian campaigning fighting for the end of the caste system
- V10 Plus USA Announces Exclusive U.S. Rights to Global Skincare Giant The United States is 23rd Country in the World to Offer V10 Plus line
- Legacy Distribution Group to Begin Distribution for Rap Snacks
- How to book a stay at Hilton Garden Inn
- Rotterdam Alternative Wellness Retailer Relocates to a New Home After 8 Years
- Kuester Management Group Details Considerations Regarding Rentals in HOA Communities
- Micro ATM Machine with least documentation in India By Biznext
- The History of the Entrepreneur and Business Owner Ismail Sirdah
- SARACA strengthens US client service with Boston office opening
- Klaiyi Hair 4th anniversary sale 2021
- The Gorden Group Announces Sale of Commercial Land for Self Storage Development in Glendale, Arizona
- Hip Hop Recording Artist Asianae Launches New Single "Like Dat" On Worldwide Outlets
- Safewill raises $3 million from Westpac's Reinventure Fund to rethink how Australians pass away
- From Sandy Hook to the World: How One Woman Turned Tragedy into Triumph
- Get a Bee Removal Estimate Today!
- Clear your Schedules for the Team Integrity: Build Your Trucking Empire Mentorship
- 46th Annual Saturn Awards Hosted at L.A. Marriott Burbank Hotel
- Security Guard Services & Private Investigation Services & Security Systems Services - In Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, Ajax, - LiGER Security