Popular on eTradeWire
- Las Vegas Walk of Stars to Honor Frank Shankwitz 439
- Realistic Salary Expectations for Teaching English Overseas 171
- Brothers Awarded Civil Air Patrol Congressional Gold Medal 165
- National Recording Artist Bre Naí has a Live Performance in Louisiana: Media Alert 6/7/2019 9:30PM 155
- Defining Digital: Extremist Content Chided, Super Mario Maker 2 Teased, Netflix's "Lelia" + more 122
- Island Intellectual Property Sues StoneCastle for $172 million 115
- New Major Bed Bug Class Action Lawsuit Against Marriott Hotels
- Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center Implements Digisonics Solution for OB Ultrasound
- Arsonist Firebombs Daystar Television Network's Jerusalem Studio
- The Security Event – it did what it said on the tin
Similar on eTradeWire
- Preservation Achievement Grand Jury Award For Cherry St. Pier Development Presented To W.J. Castle And Associates
- Do You Need Richmond Hill Tree Hoarding?
- Shangri-La Springs Offers Educational Organic Garden Tours for Schools and Camp Groups
- Going with the flow: Kraft-Sussman brings new eco-friendly cremation option to Nevada viewed as gentler on the deceased
- Neptune FS Global Appoints Separation Solutions For Business Development
- Neptune FS Global Signs India Distribution Agreement
- Bayshore/Montecalvo Family of Companies receives 2019 Distinguished Leadership Award
- Neptune FS Global Signs Africa & Middle East Distribution Agreement
- Summit to discuss public health risks of harmful algal blooms
- UK Shoppers Face "Recycling Postcode Lottery" When Disposing of Old Mattresses
The move requires major changes to the way the company makes their bestselling LED lightpocket range – but Mid West Displays say they are committed to increasing the sustainability of their manufacturing processes.
Their LED display products are the leading choice for estate agents and can also be seen in salons, shops and showrooms.
General Manager Clive Towe said this week "Using 'greener' inks is better for environment – but for us to be able to use them has meant we've had to change the way we print our LED lightpocket frames."
The Shrewsbury-based display specialist previously screenprinted their LED lightpocket frames. This required the use of solvent inks. About 95% (by weight) of solvent inks is made up of VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds). VOCs can react with nitrogen oxides in the environment to cause low-level ozone - one of the major contributors to global warming.
More on eTradeWire News
- San Diego/Carlsbad Real Estate Agent Promotes Homes To MORE Buyers For MORE Money
- Rizo Bros California Creamery Celebrates 1Year Anniversary of Successful Launch of Brand
- The ACC of St. Louis Held Annual Corporate Counsel Institute (CCI) May 15
- Lifetime TV "Ms. T's Music Factory" Temmora signs with Amirakal Marketing
- GET A GRIP Resurfacing Celebrates 20 Years Two Decades of National Resurfacing for Homegrown Family
Water-based inks (sometimes known as green inks) contain far fewer VOCs (about 25% by weight) and, because the ink is dried by UV-process, none of the VOCs evaporate into the environment. These inks are used in digital printing so now Mid West Displays have switched to digitally printing their frames.
The change will reduce the company's solvent-ink use by 95%
In addition, the company believes they will use less ink by moving to digital printing – further reducing their impact on the environment further.
Clive Towe added "Changing the way we print our frames represents a significant change for the business but we feel it is an effort worth making to support the environment."
Further information can be found at www.midwestdisplays.co.uk
Mid West Displays / Brett Sidaway
- Sanjoy Banerjee, MD explains the curious phenomenon of "Phantom Limb Pain"
- South Fort Myers community showcases best of Florida living
- Call Center Studio Launches Global Partner Program
- ASA's NEW BV WebPass Webinar Subscription Service Launched
- Brighton Publishing releases "The Soul Mate" from author Dr. A.W. Sibley
- New Jersey Team Qualifies in DARPA's SubT Challenge
- Employee Engagement Now Surging With Innovative Solution
- The American Advertising Federation-Southwest Florida to reactivate in 2019
- PODS® Las Vegas and iHeart Media Las Vegas to help those in need beat the heat!
- Marlene Burns Contemporary Judaic Art show and Sale
- Lennar Grand Opens A Next Gen® – The Home Within A Home® Community in Pahrump on Saturday, June 29
- Amy Shrader Represents Seller of CardNal Cove Campground in Rutledge TN
- McDonnell & Associates Celebrates 16 Years as Industry Leader
- Tour Lennar's Tahoe Plan During the Utah Valley Parade of Homes
- Thousands of kids to get free backpacks, school supplies, haircuts
- Channel Islands Harbor Presents Concerts by the Sea
- Spiked Seltzer Sunday added to line up for 2019 Summerfest June 20-23
- Garcia & Artigliere Files Elder Abuse Case Against Fullerton Healthcare & Wellness Centre
- Global summit call for more responsible use of information technology
- Monitoring Temperature & Humidity in Operation Theatre