Popular on eTradeWire
- Academia.edu Picks Marshall Barnes Paper, 'Killing Closed Time-Like Curves', for Special Promotion 126
- South Coast Improvement, Co. wins renovation project at Sunrise Senior Living
- Jet Direct Mortgage Opens New Branch Office In Wilmington, North Carolina
- Lapels Dry Cleaning annual clothing drive to benefit Big Brother Big Sister Foundation
- PhyberTech: A multi-faceted tech firm founded by tech prodigy Pratik KC
- MommaWork Offers Free Breastfeeding Support to LGBTQ Families
- Executive Order Might Get Citizenship Question Back On Census
- Mirage' Coming To Amazon Prime July 16 | Pre-Order Now
- TVS Television Network to Launch TVS Womens Sports Network in July on Giniko USA.Com Platform
- Cen Biotech Announces The Signing Of A Merger Agreement With Csoc
Similar on eTradeWire
- Tokyu Hotel Corporation Announces Grand Opening of the Osaka Excel Hotel Tokyu, November 1, 2019
- Artisan Noodle Restaurant TATSUKI Celebrates its Grand Opening in San Diego August 1st
- Red River Zoo Consolidates Systems with TRYTN
- Mariscal & Abogados Files Lawsuit In Canaries Against Blue Explorers for Allegedly Misleading Shareholders
- Karting Miami at Dezerland Park Opens; First Indoor, Air Conditioned, Electric Go Kart Track in South Florida
- The Women's Travel Group Announces Colors of India Trip
- International Food Wine and Travel Writers Conference registration is open
- San Miguel de Allende Named Best City In Mexico for 4th Straight Year By Travel + Leisure Readers In "2019 World's Best Awards' Rankings
- Merida Named One of the Best Cities in Mexico at Travel + Leisure 2019 World's Best Awards
- The Leap of Faith - Face the Fear and Do it anyway!
Bob Wilson, Executive Director of the Michigan Trails and Greenways Alliance, enthusiastically supports the designation of these important water corridors as Michigan water trails. "With Michigan leading the nation in land-based trail mileage and the unmatched water resources we are blessed with, this is another important step we can take to provide our citizens with a world-class trail system."
Wilson had worked for years to help develop and promote a system of water trails in Michigan during his tenure as Senior Counsel for the Michigan Senate Natural Resources and Environmental Committee. "Today's announcement of this first round of designations is a milestone in the states' trail program," Wilson explained.
More on eTradeWire News
- Walk Around Turtle Island July issue now online!
- Cummings Graduate Institute for Behavioral Health Studies Granted Accreditation
- Brand new home for sale with an open house this weekend!
- Carolina Treetop Challenge Opens, Announcing Ken White as Manager
- Best Solution To Handling Apex Predators In Destin, Florida
"There is so much more we can do to promote Michigan as the nation's leading trail state now that we have this important new program," said Wilson. "It is my hope that we can also provide financial support to these trails that are largely the by-product of tireless volunteers from local paddle clubs who have brought these trails to the point where they can receive designation."
Paul Yauk, MDNR State Trail Coordinator, explains "Waterways in Michigan have always been an important and valuable resource, from the Native Americans using them for trade to the foundation of Michigan's manufacturing and shipping industries. These state-designated water trails will encourage outdoor recreation and healthy lifestyles while boosting local economies."
"Michigan is proud of its thousands of miles of nonmotorized and motorized trails," exclaimed Yauk. "These state-designated water trails give even more reason to call Michigan 'The Trails State.'" The MDNR will continue to receive applications for this program and is looking forward to a Pure Michigan designation program in the near future.
More on eTradeWire News
- EYLA supports Kultivate Labs, joins UNDISCOVERED SF today
- Taste of Manila to light up the summer festival season in Canada with Philippine flavors
- Shuvu Banim Announces Israeli Rabbi Eliyahu Merav Video Statement of Support for Rabbi Berland
- Freedom Motors partners with Alife Air to manufacture Rotapower engines for 2 wheelers
- Local Actor Lance E. Nichols Stars in Newly Released Arceneaux Series
The Michigan Trails and Greenways Alliance is the statewide voice for non-motorized trail users, helping to build destination trails and advocate for trails policy and funding in Lansing. For more information, visit us at www.michigantrails.org or find us on Facebook.
Bob Wilson, Executive Director
- American Deposit Management Sued for Patent Infringement for $30 Million
- Alleged Mafioso hitman and Brighton Author anticipates prison release
- IBT of Miami plants trees to regenerate forest in Dominican Republic
- Multi Award-Winning Recording Artist and Living Legend Releases First Book
- Seven Time Grammy Winner Al Jarreau Receives Tribute Album
- Brand new Electrical Testing & Certification App "Pro Certs" hits the app stores
- Jason Lopez of DDO joins Jackson Agency
- Dragonflies Healing Salon and Spa To Celebrate Grand Opening
- BEST Foundation Launches Spotlight Project Supporting Youth Music Programs
- Senior housing database expands across Canada
- 2019 Women of Color STEM Category Winners announced
- AtlasFAI Welcomes Additional Offices in Arizona!
- ACE1 Colorimetric Activity Assay Kit
- Tiger Fuel supports Chesapeake Bay conservation efforts at ten car wash locations
- It's a Publicity Palooza! AuthorYOU Mini-Extravaganza!
- Estate & Asset Protection Law Firm Founder Victoria L Collier On Protecting Digital Assets
- Follow Alice, A Girl Determined To Protect Her Body, Her Future, and Her Heart in "Wasted Pretty"
- A Hurricane Unleashes A Monstrosity From The Past In "The Breach" by Author Edward J. McFadden III
- Sales, Discounts, and Rewards with Passfeed
- ExcelRT Builder 2.0 Allows Spreadsheet Author to Become App Developer