Popular on eTradeWire
- Jason Mitchell Is Named #1 Producing Real Estate Agent In Arizona In 2018 185
- Dr. Paul Norwood peer reviews new scientific article related to the treatment of Type 2 Diabetes 142
- Mercury Retrograde Celebrated by Tristate Astrologers on International Astrology Day 2019 129
- Black Diamond PR Firm announces new client, Atlanta Falcons Wide-Receiver, Mohamed Sanu 129
- William J. Bruce III to Return as Host to Aussie Osbourne Show 120
- Music Industry Month End Report for February 2019
- Jill Liberman & Sean Kanan To Guest On The Jimmy Star Show With Ron Russell Wednesday Marcy 27, 2019
- Ahoy Mateys! Pirates with plates are on the horizon
- Subaru of Midland Odessa Partners With MASA, Will Donate 2019 Subaru Outback
Similar on eTradeWire
- Discover The Majestic Landscape Of Chile's Patagonia In Patagonia Camp Cup
- Discover the Treasures of Hotel Hacienda El Santuario in San Miguel de Allende
- Virtual Reality Goes to New Depths… Underwater!
- Why Menfi, Italy, should be your next favorite wine destination
- SpiceRoads Cycling launches new Women Only and Solo Only trips
- The Definitive Guide To Compare Flights
- "Serving up Sustainable Hospitality" to be discussed
- San Miguel De Allende To Celebrate Reign As 'American Cultural Capital' For 2019 With Events Throughout Year
- Downtown Driven Water Ferry Service Nominated for NJ Tourism Excellence Award
- Most Popular Vacation Style in Mediterranean
Bob Wilson, Executive Director of the Michigan Trails and Greenways Alliance, enthusiastically supports the designation of these important water corridors as Michigan water trails. "With Michigan leading the nation in land-based trail mileage and the unmatched water resources we are blessed with, this is another important step we can take to provide our citizens with a world-class trail system."
Wilson had worked for years to help develop and promote a system of water trails in Michigan during his tenure as Senior Counsel for the Michigan Senate Natural Resources and Environmental Committee. "Today's announcement of this first round of designations is a milestone in the states' trail program," Wilson explained.
More on eTradeWire News
- Malaysia's Healthcare sector responding affirmatively to the 4.0 era with values-based approach
- UK's only single patient handling equipment maintenance and management provider announces dig
- Generation Glamp: The Rising Trend of Glamping in Australia
- Restore Datashred is now a compliant Service Level Provider PCI-DSS
- Wisconsin Annual Blues Harmonica Festival 2019!
"There is so much more we can do to promote Michigan as the nation's leading trail state now that we have this important new program," said Wilson. "It is my hope that we can also provide financial support to these trails that are largely the by-product of tireless volunteers from local paddle clubs who have brought these trails to the point where they can receive designation."
Paul Yauk, MDNR State Trail Coordinator, explains "Waterways in Michigan have always been an important and valuable resource, from the Native Americans using them for trade to the foundation of Michigan's manufacturing and shipping industries. These state-designated water trails will encourage outdoor recreation and healthy lifestyles while boosting local economies."
"Michigan is proud of its thousands of miles of nonmotorized and motorized trails," exclaimed Yauk. "These state-designated water trails give even more reason to call Michigan 'The Trails State.'" The MDNR will continue to receive applications for this program and is looking forward to a Pure Michigan designation program in the near future.
The Michigan Trails and Greenways Alliance is the statewide voice for non-motorized trail users, helping to build destination trails and advocate for trails policy and funding in Lansing. For more information, visit us at www.michigantrails.org or find us on Facebook.
Bob Wilson, Executive Director
- Teen Author Anyé Young is Featured Speaker for FAMMilies for Justice Reform Conference
- Demand For Mountain Cabins Spurs New Opportunity For Investors
- Internationally renowned female mural artists coming to San Diego in September
- Winners of Disruptive Startup Summit 2019
- Secret Garden Gala raises over $725,000 for Kids' Minds Matter
- Miami LGBT Minority Business Receives Wiley Ruby Award
- Toni Newman of St. James Infirmary Wins Legacy Award for San Francisco TDOV 2019
- Shell Point hosts Dr. Malissa Wood March 26 to address medical breakthroughs in health care
- Pace Center for Girls, Lee County to kick off Love That Dress! collection series on April 11
- Bobby O's Brings a New Slice of Tulsa Life to Meadow Gold District
- Dermatology practice offers clinical trials
- Improvement of water quality for Ventura County Beaches leads to cleaner water for beach goers
- Dr. David B. Sudderth earns certification in brain injury medicine
- Local PODS® and 100.7 KHAY Heritage Country station are going LIVE together for ticket giveaway
- Strand summer camp offers a full theatre training experience
- Empowered Speaker Event – Public Speaker Training in Hutchinson Island, Florida
- Conservancy of Southwest Florida collects 12 ADDY awards for outstanding print, digital campaigns
- Campus Safety HQ Online Training and Resource Center for Campus Safety Professionals is now FREE
- Kiss Goodbye To Ms Raises Awareness And Vital Resources To Help Find A Cure For Multiple Sclerosis
- Figural oil painting by James McNeill Whistler will be in Woodshed Art Auctions' April 4th auction