Popular on eTradeWire
- Jason Mitchell Is Named #1 Producing Real Estate Agent In Arizona In 2018 185
- Dr. Paul Norwood peer reviews new scientific article related to the treatment of Type 2 Diabetes 142
- Mercury Retrograde Celebrated by Tristate Astrologers on International Astrology Day 2019 129
- Black Diamond PR Firm announces new client, Atlanta Falcons Wide-Receiver, Mohamed Sanu 129
- William J. Bruce III to Return as Host to Aussie Osbourne Show 120
- Music Industry Month End Report for February 2019
- Jill Liberman & Sean Kanan To Guest On The Jimmy Star Show With Ron Russell Wednesday Marcy 27, 2019
- Ahoy Mateys! Pirates with plates are on the horizon
- Subaru of Midland Odessa Partners With MASA, Will Donate 2019 Subaru Outback
Similar on eTradeWire
- Discover The Majestic Landscape Of Chile's Patagonia In Patagonia Camp Cup
- Discover the Treasures of Hotel Hacienda El Santuario in San Miguel de Allende
- Virtual Reality Goes to New Depths… Underwater!
- Why Menfi, Italy, should be your next favorite wine destination
- SpiceRoads Cycling launches new Women Only and Solo Only trips
- The Definitive Guide To Compare Flights
- "Serving up Sustainable Hospitality" to be discussed
- San Miguel De Allende To Celebrate Reign As 'American Cultural Capital' For 2019 With Events Throughout Year
- Downtown Driven Water Ferry Service Nominated for NJ Tourism Excellence Award
- Most Popular Vacation Style in Mediterranean
Michigan Trails worked aggressively with key members of the Michigan Legislature to secure this appropriation and would specifically like to thank Senator Judy Emmons for her role in advancing this critical funding for the White Pine Trail. "The White Pine Trail is a lifeblood for all the communities that border it," explained Senator Emmons. "This funding we were able to secure will go a long way towards finishing pavement and allow even more use."
The 92-mile Fred Meijer White Pine Trail State Park runs from Grand Rapids to Cadillac and is one of Michigan's earliest rail trails. Work on the trail began in the late 1980's with paving to follow in the early 1990's, but 29 miles between Big Rapids and Sand Lake still remain unpaved.
More on eTradeWire News
- Malaysia's Healthcare sector responding affirmatively to the 4.0 era with values-based approach
- UK's only single patient handling equipment maintenance and management provider announces dig
- Generation Glamp: The Rising Trend of Glamping in Australia
- Restore Datashred is now a compliant Service Level Provider PCI-DSS
- Wisconsin Annual Blues Harmonica Festival 2019!
"After 30 years, it's time to begin to take the last steps to finish this trail and reap the benefits," said Bob Wilson, Executive Director of the Michigan Trails and Greenways Alliance. "When pavement is completed, not only will this trail improve quality of life and attract tourism to Michigan, it will be an economic boon to the 15 communities along the trail."
The project was strongly supported by the Michigan Department of Natural Resources, Friends of the White Pine Trail, West Michigan Trails and Greenways Coalition and the Michigan Trails and Greenways Alliance. David Heyboer, Chairman of the Friends of the White Pine Trail, echoed words of support for the appropriation by focusing on the impact that the trail project will likely have on adjacent communities.
"This is a great day for the Fred Meijer White Pine Trail and its users, said Heyboer. " The communities will see a big boost to their economies and our vision for this trail is finally coming to fruition."
More on eTradeWire News
- Women's movement founded 11 decades ago gains strength while positioning itself in the social media era
- Ambulatory Accreditation Consultants Certified by LSBE
- little countdown app integrates with iOS Calendar
- The Tech Podcast You Should be Watching
- GAMESPARK™ Announces Subscription Service
"It has taken a long time to get here, but the steps we can take with this funding in helping to pave the final sections of the White Pine Trail will soon complete an important connection in Michigan's non-motorized multi-use trail network," said John Morrison, Executive Director of the West Michigan Trails and Greenways Coalition. "It's good for the residents and communities along the trail. It's good for trail tourism in Michigan, and I look for the Fred Meijer White Pine Trail State Park to be a Pure Michigan Trail in the near future."
The Michigan Trails and Greenways Alliance is the statewide voice for non-motorized trail users, helping to build destination trails and advocate for trails policy and funding in Lansing. For more information, visit us at www.michigantrails.org or find us on Facebook.
Bob Wilson, Executive Director
Michigan Trails & Greenways Alliance
- Empowered Speaker Event – Public Speaker Training in Hutchinson Island, Florida
- Conservancy of Southwest Florida collects 12 ADDY awards for outstanding print, digital campaigns
- Campus Safety HQ Online Training and Resource Center for Campus Safety Professionals is now FREE
- Kiss Goodbye To Ms Raises Awareness And Vital Resources To Help Find A Cure For Multiple Sclerosis
- Figural oil painting by James McNeill Whistler will be in Woodshed Art Auctions' April 4th auction
- Non Emergency Medical Transportation Accreditation Commission is Excited to Announce its First Annual Conference
- Robert "Kool" Bell Will Discuss Renewable Energy At Delaware State U
- Daughter of WWII survivors tells family story of triumph over tragedy at Regal Palms Senior Living Residence in Largo, FL
- PMTI announces virtual PMP® Training Course - April 1 to 4
- MMI Charlotte Joins Forces with Roc solid Foundation to "Play It Forward"
- Find Out If It's Possible To Bring Order From Chaos and Personal Tragedy In "Beleaguered Truth"
- Productiv, Inc. Rolls Out Template for Supply Chain Success
- David McCaskill Joins Halff as Director of Landscape Architecture
- Brooke Woods New Single To Country Radio
- Go Behind The Scenes In The New Audiobook "Yes, Ma'am!: Running the Thin Blue Line - A Cop's Memoir"
- Radio Host Neil Henry's Safe Money Book
- Victoria Miningham Brings Classical Music to Millennials with Victoria Opera House
- A Brand New Release: "Mystical Fairies" Written And Illustrated By Judy Mastrangelo
- Childhood Baseball Dreams Are Chased In New Audiobook "The Sons of Chester" Now Available Worldwide
- MedShadow Foundation Announces New Website Launch