Popular on eTradeWire
- HAIT Releases "I Wish I Could Hate You" Official Video
- Fifty States of Vodka is Now Available in Every Total Wine In Florida
- Orchard Audio Introduces Starkrimson® Stereo Ultra: a 500W Stereo Gallium Nitride (GaN) Hi-Fi Audio Amplifier
- DivcoWest completes purchase of 325 Hudson Street
- App & Website Aggregating Over $154 Million In Nationwide Vaccine Incentives, From BME Nonprofit
- Black Wall Street Anniversary inspires Dewayne Bryant & Candra Bryant to Build 40 home subdivision
- Modular Wall Systems Offer a Fast and Flexible Solution for Interiors
- SOLMIMI Releases New Audio Adapter Headphone Splitter In 2021
- The South Florida International Film Festival Awards Show for May 2021 Celebrated Filmmakers and Screenwriters
- New M/M Romance - A Young Man's Fancy from Boroughs Publishing Group
Similar on eTradeWire
- St Pete Talk joins the Canadian Snowbird Association talking Taxes | Snowbirds
- As the World Returns to Normal, Liquid Core® Gum Company Marks the Comeback of Air Travel with "Live Life & FLY" Campaign
- Spend Father's Day With His Favorites in the Long Beach Island Region
- National Black Marathoners Association Named an Official Charity Partner of the 2021 TCS New York City Marathon
- Bob Dylan Center Coming to Downtown Tulsa May 2022
- National Coalition of Black Meeting Professionals Hosts Industry Conversation on the Topic of How American Cities Can Rebound After Racial Tension
- Calvetta Phair, CEO of PEP Travel Group and Nancy Lova present 'Solo Traveler' Experiences and Travel Packages
- Make A Plan To See – And Respect – The Yolo County Sunflower Bloom
- Car Rental In Greece gets major boost with the opening of a new Branch of Right Cars Global Rental
According to the Michigan DNR FY 2021 Capital Outlay Five-Year Plan, the Michigan DNR Parks and Recreation Department has identified and documented the need for 558 priority renovation and upgrade projects, estimated at a cost of $278 million. News of this funding will support nearly all of those needs.
"Addressing the backlog of infrastructure needs within our state parks has been a goal of many organizations for a number of years," said Clay Summers, Executive Director of mParks. "This investment will not only help Michigan's State Parks but in the long run, it will truly help all parks in the state. By meeting the needs of the state parks, your local city, township, county, and regional park systems will now be priority recipients of grant funding and other alternative sources. This is a huge win for all Michigan residents and will provide safe, accessible, and inclusive park systems for all.
More on eTradeWire News
- Hear from Industry Experts at the 2nd annual Wearable Injectors and Connected Devices Conference
- Landmark multiple myeloma study completes enrolment and method development
- Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils move to cloud GIS
- Ismail Sirdah on What to Prioritize When Hosting an Event
- Documentary Film , "Edge," Recieves First Round of Funding
The COVID-19 Pandemic brought to light how parks, trails, and public lands shape public health. Michiganders found respite in their neighborhood parks; people developed daily routines of walking local trails, taking their children to playgrounds, and connecting with each other safely outdoors.
"With more public land than any state east of the Mississippi, outdoor recreation plays a vital role in the mental and physical health of every Michigander," said Jonathan Jarosz, Executive Director, Heart of the Lakes. "While physical activity has long been established as having a positive effect on people with mental health challenges, studies have found that effect increases significantly in an outdoor setting versus indoors."
While the benefits of the outdoors have been touted for years, the investments have not always matched. As outdoor recreation and park use continues to increase, park systems are struggling to keep up with infrastructure needs and staffing.
"Investments in outdoor recreation, the businesses and organizations who support them, play an extremely vital role in how thriving communities do their best work for the health outcomes of their people," added Jarosz.
More on eTradeWire News
- Can economic emancipation emerge from the political emancipation?
- Acorn Experts delve into the importance of employee satisfaction
- Minneapolis Criminal Lawyer Lynne Torgerson successfully avoids criminal sexual conduct charges
- STABLZ Tap to Adapt Technology Featured on FOX & Friends
- Sir Frost Says He's Now Fully Active!
mParks, Heart of the Lakes, and Michigan Trails & Greenways Alliance are excited to be part of the tremendous announcement. Michigan's public spaces have been serving its residents for years and this is an opportunity to give back to those places.
"Last year, Michiganders showed up in droves to their local parks and trails," explained Andrea LaFontaine, Executive Director, Michigan Trails & Greenways Alliance. "They were demonstrating the importance of these outdoor places in their time of need – and making it clear that they use these parks, trails, and open spaces to invest in their own physical and mental health. It's time for the state to invest in the critical infrastructure needs of these special recreational assets. I'm delighted to see that the Governor is making this a priority – and this significant investment will benefit today's users and generations to come."
Andrea LaFontaine, Executive Director
Michigan Trails & Greenways Alliance
- Please sign the petition today!
- NCIHC Publishes a New Paper on Advocacy in Interpreting in Health Care!
- Beat Deep Books soon to release, "Mississippi 2 Hollywood," by Nick Payne
- RR Mergers Announces Metro East Industries acquisition of Locomotive Mobile Repair Company - Midwest
- Judge Upholds Florida Unvaccinated-Protection Law - As Predicted
- The Tracy Piper's "Worthy" Book Signing & Release Party
- UNice Hair App Is On The Rise And Expected To Thrive
- Diversity Empowerment Virtual Workshop!
- Nelson Leasing Earns Prestigious Presidential Award
- Hazard Powder Explodes Once Again
- Catilicious: A New Online Store for Premium Cat Supplies for Your Pet
- Grumpy's Lighting: A New Online Store for Practical and Stylish Lighting
- Outdoor Cooking Products: A New Online Store Focusing on Outdoor Cooking Supplies
- Cooks' Needs: The Launch of a New Online Shop Focusing on Quality Kitchenware for Home Cooks
- NBC 6 South Florida Honors Fatherhood Task Force Fathers On Behalf of New Kevin Hart Film, Fatherhood
- Female artists Janet Scudder and Emily Mason headline Shannon's online fine art auction, June 24th
- How We Advertised Multiple Concerts at the Iceland vs. Mexico Soccer Match Using LED Digital Trucks
- Announcing the launch of Where's Indy in the Middle East, an AI-powered VR escape room
- New Music from Miss Kristin and Big Fuss Records Coming August 2021
- Summit Sotheby's International Realty Recognized in 2021 "The Thousand" and "America's Best"