Popular on eTradeWire
- Mona Clayton, RN Launches Mix & Mentor emPOWER Hour Global Tour at Hotel 50 Bowery 116
- Even Neutral Switzerland Can't Stomach Philip Morris
- Justices Free Up Funding For Trump's Wall
- Variety – The Children's Charity of Wisconsin CEO on Modern Living with kathy ireland®
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Abilene Celebrates Topping Off
- Shuvu Banim Announces Israeli Rabbi Eliyahu Merav Video Statement of Support for Rabbi Berland
- Goldberg Brothers ships new folding barn door hardware
- Radio Vet Connie Birth returns to The Spin Awards as the Red Carpet host
- Macy's Caves Over "Fat Shaming," But Maybe It Works
- Lyn Ross of Institut' Dermed Prize Winner in the 2019 Skin Games Compassionate Category
Similar on eTradeWire
- PADT Awarded U.S. Army Phase I SBIR Grant for Combustor Geometry Research Using 3D Printing, Simulation, and Product Development
- Geo Owl Makes the 2019 Inc. 5000 List
- VORAGO Technologies Receives NASA SBIR Award for Latch-up Protection IC
- MiaSolé Flexible and Lightweight Solar Module Demonstrates Superior Resilience to Penetrative Damage
- Coyote Brown And The US Navy Uniform Update For Custom USN Shirts
- California jet drone startup New Frontier Aerospace wins grant from F3 Tech Accelerator
- Palomar Display Products, Inc. awarded three contracts with a total value of $10.2M
- American public desires to leave Afghanistan, U.S. government not agree
- Gun, Firearm & Assault Weapon Controls - The Debate
- Machbase Signs Reseller Agreement with SL Corp. to Enhance RT Analytics Offering
― President Abraham Lincoln
The Distinguished Flying Cross Society Inland Empire Chapter, partnering with the March Field Air Museum, will celebrate the fifth anniversary of the Distinguished Flying Cross Memorial's designation as a National Memorial in a commemoration ceremony on Saturday, May 25, 2019 beginning at 11:30. The Distinguished Flying Cross National Memorial is located in the Heritage Courtyard by the main entrance of the March Field Air Museum and is free to the public. Rep. Mark Takano (CA-41) will be one of the speakers.
Created by Congress in 1926, the Distinguished Flying Cross is America's oldest military aviation award, awarded to any Armed Forces member who distinguishes him or herself by "heroism or extraordinary achievement while participating in aerial flight."
The first awards of the Distinguished Flying Cross were presented on May 2, 1927 to ten aviators of the U.S. Army Air Corps for the Army Pan American Flight from December 21, 1926, to May 2, 1927. They received certificates, as the medal was not yet available. Charles Lindbergh received the first DFC medal as an Army Reservist on June 11, 1927, for his solo trans-Atlantic flight. A few early civilian aviators meeting the criteria received the DFC by acts of Congress. Amelia Earhart was the first female recipient. The Wright Brothers were awarded DFCs in 1928. World War II saw 126,318 DFCs awarded and the Korean War approximately 21,000. There were 21,647 in the Vietnam War and several hundred more in recent and current conflicts.
More on eTradeWire News
- How to Play Sudoku - How to Solve a Sudoku for Beginners
- Chicago rapper shares five tips for upstart musicians
- My Family's Favorite Crock Pot Dinners
- Fishman & Associates Supports Design of the New Café Venice
- Military Writers Society of America (MWSA) Announces its 2019 Season Awards Finalists
On July 25, 2014, President Barack Obama signed the legislation sponsored by Rep. Ken Calvert (CA-42), designating the DFC Memorial at March Field Air Museum as a National Memorial. The Memorial gives well-earned recognition to the American aviators who have received the Distinguished Flying Cross, distinguishing themselves by heroism or extraordinary achievement in aerial flight – from the Wright Brothers through the present.
About the March Field Air Museum
The March Field Air Museum is located alongside Interstate Highway 215 at Van Buren Boulevard, just south of downtown Riverside and adjacent to March Air Reserve Base. Haven't visited the museum lately? It is TripAdvisor's top-rated attraction in Riverside, and a must-see destination for anyone interested in military aviation. Along with friendly docents, numerous exhibits and more than 80 military aircraft on display, the museum features interactive exhibits highlighting the people, technology and history of Southern California military aviation. Aircraft on display range from a modern-day MQ-1 Predator (remotely piloted aircraft), to early examples of military aircraft, to some of America's most iconic military planes including World War II bombers. For more information about the museum, please visit http://www.marchfield.org or call (951) 902-5949.
More on eTradeWire News
- John Travolta To Make Wizard World Debut In Chicago, Saturday, August 24
- Best Empowering Book By A Latino 2019
- A High-Flying Online Web-Store Selling Silver Jewellery Announces Its Latest Collection Of Silver Rings
- Greater Twin Cities Honda Dealers Giving Away a 2019 Honda Passport at Minnesota State Fair
- Lola's Lashes bring game-changing magnetic lashes and eyeliner to the UK
About the Distinguished Flying Cross Society
Founded in 1994, the DFC Society exists to honor those who have demonstrated heroism or extraordinary achievement in aerial flight that resulted in the award of the DFC. Membership represents the continuum of time from the Wright Brothers to the present; it includes a diversity of rank, ethnicity, and gender, with officer and enlisted members from the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, and Coast Guard, along with a few civilian aviation pioneers. The Society preserves the rich heritage and historical narratives of DFC recipients, and educates the general public, especially the youth of America, on the values of courage, patriotism and character. The Society holds a national Reunion every two years. There are 18 local Chapters across the country. The Inland Empire Chapter meets the third Thursday of each month except for July, August, and December, at 11:30PM at Altavita Village.
Director, Distinguished Flying Cross Society
- EMI Filters for PWM-Driven Motors Prevent Bearing Damage and Reduce EMI in Equipment
- Can we wrap, letter and decal your entire fleet of trucks, no matter how big or small? YES, WE CAN!
- New Graphic Design Service Offers Unbeatable Prices
- Stride Movers Announces Free Moving Supplies Promotion
- Learn about the Opportunity Zone in Flagler County Aug. 20
- Concierge Auctions' Summer Mountain Auction Kicks off with Six Global Sales and Record Price in Wyoming
- Dustin Burrows resigns as caucus chair amid allegations, will Burrows make a statement?
- The Partnership to Provide Detroit Jazz Fest Shuttles Continues
- Interview with Dr. Tony Nettleman of Nettleman Institute of Land Surveying Engineering Technology
- Amateur Treasure Hunter From New Mexico Wins The Tesla Dream Giveaway!
- Experienced Financial Advisor Chooses Cutter & Company in Launching Her Own Independent Firm
- IoT Data Logging with Expert Devices
- Work 365 Sync for Self-Service and Provisioning Automation
- Celebrity Charity Football Tournament at Seaford FC in Sussex for 4 Charities
- Bravo's Married To Medicine Reality Star Draws Breast Cancer Survivors to Atlanta's City Hall
- Gaslowitz Frankel Attorneys Recognized in 2020 Edition of Best Lawyers in America
- Jazz Across the Water, Bordum and Rhodes
- Kelley Kronenberg's Alison Verges Walters Named a Top Women Leader in Accounts Receivable
- Disruptive Startup Award @ Stanford
- The Beautiful Day Un Dia Bonito Magazine inspired by the Show hitting the Tri-State region