Popular on eTradeWire News
- Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja, 7 year old National Anthem singer 537
- Transseed Group Receives Two New Business Designations 250
- Founder & CEO of Market Leader, Virtual Rehab, to be Interviewed By Jane King at NASDAQ 206
- Lil Bub, aka Magical Space Cat, Will Make Special Appearance at Snowcats Cat Convention 199
- International Experts Discuss Safety Problems of Critical Infrastructures at Ural Federal University 195
- How to Manage Arrhythmia in Children? 195
- Share Number System is the New Automated Income System 166
- New talent Asalia White Williams Nominated for NAMMY Award 158
- Media Partnership Announced with Aerospace Testing International and the International Telemetering Conference (ITC) 131
- Deeper Than Music Radio is a platform where entertainers share their story
Similar on eTradeWire News
- Big Trees Inc. Helped a Builder Move a Large Landscape Tree
- Blue Sky Chimney Sweeps Explains Why You Should Get Your Chimney Cleaned Now
- HomeAid Care Day at Making A Way Housing
- Dallas Bathtub Services Upgrades To Spray In Bathtub Liners For A 20 Year Life Expectancy
- Pool Installation Contractors in Raleigh, NC and Sarasota, FL
- Condition Monitoring of a Mining Quarry for Optimal Production
- Reasons to Hire Underground Pipe Location Services
- National Demolition Association Joins Construction Coalition for a Drug- and Alcohol-Free Workplace
- Sabal Homes Announces Newest Waterfront Community in Charleston: James Island's Bennett's Bluff
- Derby Downtown LLC Received Approval Of Text Amendment Change For Building Multi-Use Complex
Located along the Interstate 64 corridor, the two projects totaling 10 megawatts (AC) will generate enough clean, affordable and reliable electricity to power roughly 1,200 homes annually. Together, they combine to make up the largest solar project in the state for an electric distribution cooperative. CVEC will purchase the projects' output under a 25-year power purchase agreement, while Coronal Energy will own and operate the facilities.
"Virginia is open for solar business," said Danny Van Clief, president for Coronal Energy. "With a Charlottesville headquarters and a decade of continuous operations in the state, Coronal is proud to partner with CVEC and McCarthy on a pair of projects that will pave the way for the accelerated adoption of solar energy."
The Palmer Solar Center in Troy, Va., and the Martin Solar Center in Kents Store, Va., are located in Fluvanna and Goochland counties, respectively, where CVEC serves over 9,000 members. CVEC plans to offer four of the 10 megawatts (AC) generated by the solar centers to its members as a part of Solar Share, its community solar program. CVEC is the first electric cooperative to receive approval of the community solar rate under the new statute.
McCarthy's Phoenix-based Renewable Energy team served as the Engineer-Procure-Construct (EPC) contractor, and was responsible for the construction, design, procurement, commissioning and handover of the solar project to Coronal Energy, who developed the project for CVEC.
"Utility-scale solar installation projects are locking in reliability, favorable rates and social responsiblity for energy-focused businesses, municipalities and utilities alike by leveraging the power of the sun, even in nontraditional solar markets like Virginia,"said Scott Canada, senior vice president of the Renewable Energy team at McCarthy. "We are grateful to team up with sustainable-minded solar players like Coronal Energy and Central Virginia Electric Cooperative because they clearly understand the value of this infrastructure, which will provide clean energy for decades to come."
More on eTradeWire News
- eWomenNetwork of Montgomery County Announces Holiday Extravaganza
- ASTPP Announced Successful Exhibition at GITEX 2018
- Holiday Five Different Ways This Year
- siberX CEHv10 Training- October 2018
- Moscow presented new opportunities for tourists from Singapore at ATB Asia 2018
- Lung Cancer Awareness Month Discussed in New Video
- Middle East Food Forum and ICCA to co-power the GulfHost Restaurant Development Conference
Approximately 30 local workers were hired to complete the installation of more than 41,000 solar modules at the two sites. To train the local workforce in the emerging solar industry, McCarthy implemented principles of Training Within Industry (TWI), a program originally developed by the U.S. Department of War in the 1940s to help quickly and reliably re-train workers on moderately complex tasks. Through its TWI solar program, McCarthy applies its "Learn. Perform. Repeat" methodology and offers highly effective and efficient training to workers who have little or no experience in solar installations. By deploying TWI and lean construction principles on solar projects from coast to coast, McCarthy is overcoming the biggest challenge faced by the construction industry today and successfully training its solar workforce.
In recent years, McCarthy's Renewable Energy Team has completed or is in the process of constructing more than 30 utility-scale clean energy projects in communities from coast to coast, representing a combined capacity of more than 1.3 gigawatts (GW) of clean energy production. McCarthy earned a 6th place ranking for EPC utility-scale solar installations in the U.S. bySolar Power World's2017 Top 500 Solar Contractors.
About McCarthy Building Companies
McCarthy Building Companies, Inc. (http://www.mccarthy.com/) is the oldest privately held national construction company in the country – with more than 150 years spent collaborating with partners to solve complex building challenges on behalf of its clients. With an unrelenting focus on safety and a comprehensive quality program that span all phases of every project, McCarthy utilizes industry-leading design phase and construction techniques combined with value-add technology to maximize outcomes. Repeatedly honored as a Best Place to Work and Healthiest Employer, McCarthy is ranked the 20th largest domestic general contractor (Engineering News-Record, May 2018). With approximately 1,700 salaried employees and offices in St. Louis, Atlanta; Collinsville, Ill.; Portage, Ind.; Kansas City, Kan.; Phoenix; Las Vegas; Denver; Dallas, Houston; Albuquerque; and San Diego, Newport Beach, San Francisco, San Jose and Sacramento, Calif. McCarthy is 100 percent employee owned (http://www.mccarthy.com/about/employee-owners/). More information about the company is available online at www.mccarthy.com or by following the company on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/mccarthybuilding), Twitter (https://twitter.com/McCarthyBuild), LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/company/119184?trk=tyah), Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/mccarthybuild/) and Google+ (http://www.google.com/+MccarthyBuilding).
More on eTradeWire News
- DTR Inc. CEO Jay Goldberg's Radio Station, Rock on Neon Radio, Announces Tuesday Schedule
- Anti Aging Dentist in Beverly Hills - Anti Aging Dentistry 90210
- Esquires Coffee Hanley Dog Lovers Day
- Kalpataru Vista Is Close To Schools and Hospitals
- iNextrix Announced Successful Participation in GITEX 2018
- Adorable Natural Turquoise Beads Collection By Jindal Gems
- How SID Limited aims to bring free internet access to more people around the globe
About Coronal Energy, powered by Panasonic
Coronal Energy, powered by Panasonic, is a leading independent power producer focused on utility-scale solar and storage projects. The firm provides turnkey solar energy solutions tailored for diverse enterprise customers across North America, including utilities, corporations, and the public sector. Uniting 3 gigawatts of completed project experience with the financial strength of a Fortune Global 500 company (#110), Coronal Energy, powered by Panasonic, owns and manages a 333 megawatt operating portfolio and a multi-gigawatt development pipeline in more than 20 US states. For more, please visit CoronalEnergy.com and follow us @CoronalEnergy on Twitter.
About Central Virginia Electric Cooperative
Headquartered in Lovingston, Central Virginia Electric Cooperative is a member-owned electric distribution utility serving over 36,000 meters in 14 counties across central Virginia. For more information about Central Virginia Electric Cooperative, visit the company's website at www.mycvec.com.
- Inmate Books Allow the Prisoners to Live a Better Life
- Anaadi TV – A Complete News Channel that Brings the most Happening News and Information
- Best Exchange House on Social Media, UAE 2018 - GCC Exchange
- Chat Lines Center, One place where people don't have to think much before making friends
- Reid Sanders Personal Injury Attorney from Hawk Law Group Helps to Claim Serious Injury Compensation
- What is Information Management?
- Springbank Mechanical Systems Proudly Brings Its Quality HVAC Services
- GameCloud Heading to Paris with Lucrative Offers for Deal Making Event, Game Connection Europe 2018
- Give Your Consumer Complaints an International Coverage with EurAsian Times
- Monevation Reloads With Qrazy Knowledge
- Infographic revealing 5 Ways to Boost Your Digital Marketing Efforts by Using Infographics
- Wooden Street To Spread Positive Vibes with Newly Launched Figurines
- "DJ Mark Battle" Brings Opulent Sounds to Eva Marcille & Michael Sterling's Extravagant Wedding
- BOLI Finds Substantial Evidence to Support Allegation of Discrimination by Springfield Employer
- Dr. Mark Goulston & Aurorasa Sima host an online event, Project Empathy Training, for people who are not satisfied with the results they are getting
- Bazizio to Acquire Mitch.pizza - the Leading D2M Platform
- Nye & Company's October 30th Estate Treasures Auction will feature many fine and decorative arts
- IAPEN Clinical Nutrition Congress (ICNC-2019) to be hosted in Mumbai, India
- Miami Beach's Physician Defense Group, LLC (PDG) signed agreements for a range of IT services
- Dashing Dog Rescue New Website Launch