Popular on eTradeWire News
- Making Our Remembrance Memorable 394
- More of IN GOD WE TRUST -Isaac Jazzin strikes back with his new record 144
- FIG Tree Capital Ventures Announces Two Huge Well Completions in the Oklahoma STACK 123
- Stalker Kevon Ward Teams Up with White Supremacist Amy Mekelburg to Attack Author 118
- Thought-leader from Tesla to Help Utility Companies Prepare for Changing Customer Expectations
- Songwriter & Artist, Lil David Ruffin Reveals the Hardaway Cover Song Artwork
- Laura Patterson Joins SLMA Radio as a Host
- Gotelecare is a Pioneer Service Destination for Orthotics Billing
- Professor Chris Imafidon joins other world renowned scientists & eminent stars to pay tribute to Prof Stephen Hawking in Westminster Abbey
- A Powerhouse In The DME Billing Landscape: Gotelecare Stuns
Similar on eTradeWire News
- Jewers Doors Secures Three New Fire Stations in Dubai
- TuffSkin's Lelia Friedlander Wins Women of Distinction Award
- Bespoke Concrete Flooring from Advance Group
- Pulse of the City News Honors Southern California Companies for High Customer Satisfaction Ratings
- Tarps Now® Expansion Focuses on Deliveries of Heavy Duty Tarps & Covers
- Summer Collection From Innovations
- Richmond Clean Up in Bournemouth
- Panel Pros Prefab Structural Steel Wall Panels on View at AIA Conference on Architecture 2018
- New Bayco Work Light Brings Power, Brawn & Versatility to Workspaces
- Save Money When Installing a New AC Unit
Located along the Interstate 64 corridor, the two projects totaling 10 megawatts (AC) will generate enough clean, affordable and reliable electricity to power roughly 1,200 homes annually. Together, they combine to make up the largest solar project in the state for an electric distribution cooperative. CVEC will purchase the projects' output under a 25-year power purchase agreement, while Coronal Energy will own and operate the facilities.
"Virginia is open for solar business," said Danny Van Clief, president for Coronal Energy. "With a Charlottesville headquarters and a decade of continuous operations in the state, Coronal is proud to partner with CVEC and McCarthy on a pair of projects that will pave the way for the accelerated adoption of solar energy."
The Palmer Solar Center in Troy, Va., and the Martin Solar Center in Kents Store, Va., are located in Fluvanna and Goochland counties, respectively, where CVEC serves over 9,000 members. CVEC plans to offer four of the 10 megawatts (AC) generated by the solar centers to its members as a part of Solar Share, its community solar program. CVEC is the first electric cooperative to receive approval of the community solar rate under the new statute.
McCarthy's Phoenix-based Renewable Energy team served as the Engineer-Procure-Construct (EPC) contractor, and was responsible for the construction, design, procurement, commissioning and handover of the solar project to Coronal Energy, who developed the project for CVEC.
"Utility-scale solar installation projects are locking in reliability, favorable rates and social responsiblity for energy-focused businesses, municipalities and utilities alike by leveraging the power of the sun, even in nontraditional solar markets like Virginia,"said Scott Canada, senior vice president of the Renewable Energy team at McCarthy. "We are grateful to team up with sustainable-minded solar players like Coronal Energy and Central Virginia Electric Cooperative because they clearly understand the value of this infrastructure, which will provide clean energy for decades to come."
More on eTradeWire News
- Treating end stage liver failure with transplant
- Bluemac Releases White Paper on Applying Bluetooth Low Energy for Traffic Engineering
- How to remove Stucco Ceiling with the help of an Expert Painter?
- CaliforniaCarbon.info launch mobile app
- Now You Can Easily Change Your Linksys Router's Administrator Password
- Palace on Wheels Takes You on a Journey of Luxury and Opulence
- Ciclistas de Puerto Rico Convocan Bici Marcha 2018 en Ponce
Approximately 30 local workers were hired to complete the installation of more than 41,000 solar modules at the two sites. To train the local workforce in the emerging solar industry, McCarthy implemented principles of Training Within Industry (TWI), a program originally developed by the U.S. Department of War in the 1940s to help quickly and reliably re-train workers on moderately complex tasks. Through its TWI solar program, McCarthy applies its "Learn. Perform. Repeat" methodology and offers highly effective and efficient training to workers who have little or no experience in solar installations. By deploying TWI and lean construction principles on solar projects from coast to coast, McCarthy is overcoming the biggest challenge faced by the construction industry today and successfully training its solar workforce.
In recent years, McCarthy's Renewable Energy Team has completed or is in the process of constructing more than 30 utility-scale clean energy projects in communities from coast to coast, representing a combined capacity of more than 1.3 gigawatts (GW) of clean energy production. McCarthy earned a 6th place ranking for EPC utility-scale solar installations in the U.S. bySolar Power World's2017 Top 500 Solar Contractors.
About McCarthy Building Companies
McCarthy Building Companies, Inc. (http://www.mccarthy.com/) is the oldest privately held national construction company in the country – with more than 150 years spent collaborating with partners to solve complex building challenges on behalf of its clients. With an unrelenting focus on safety and a comprehensive quality program that span all phases of every project, McCarthy utilizes industry-leading design phase and construction techniques combined with value-add technology to maximize outcomes. Repeatedly honored as a Best Place to Work and Healthiest Employer, McCarthy is ranked the 20th largest domestic general contractor (Engineering News-Record, May 2018). With approximately 1,700 salaried employees and offices in St. Louis, Atlanta; Collinsville, Ill.; Portage, Ind.; Kansas City, Kan.; Phoenix; Las Vegas; Denver; Dallas, Houston; Albuquerque; and San Diego, Newport Beach, San Francisco, San Jose and Sacramento, Calif. McCarthy is 100 percent employee owned (http://www.mccarthy.com/about/employee-owners/). More information about the company is available online at www.mccarthy.com or by following the company on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/mccarthybuilding), Twitter (https://twitter.com/McCarthyBuild), LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/company/119184?trk=tyah), Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/mccarthybuild/) and Google+ (http://www.google.com/+MccarthyBuilding).
More on eTradeWire News
- Oxford University Press India conducts Teaching Strategy Workshop at JMA Pilani
- Removing these chemicals from everyday consumer products has proved to lead to a healthier life
- TSG Training announces a new Apprenticeship Scheme
- Dutch Sailmaker Increases Productivity with Dual-head Automated Flat Bed Cutter
- Local Driving School: More Than Just Business, It Is A Service To The Society
- Jewers Doors Secures Three New Fire Stations in Dubai
- School Jotter App Trending on the Apple App Store
About Coronal Energy, powered by Panasonic
Coronal Energy, powered by Panasonic, is a leading independent power producer focused on utility-scale solar and storage projects. The firm provides turnkey solar energy solutions tailored for diverse enterprise customers across North America, including utilities, corporations, and the public sector. Uniting 3 gigawatts of completed project experience with the financial strength of a Fortune Global 500 company (#110), Coronal Energy, powered by Panasonic, owns and manages a 333 megawatt operating portfolio and a multi-gigawatt development pipeline in more than 20 US states. For more, please visit CoronalEnergy.com and follow us @CoronalEnergy on Twitter.
About Central Virginia Electric Cooperative
Headquartered in Lovingston, Central Virginia Electric Cooperative is a member-owned electric distribution utility serving over 36,000 meters in 14 counties across central Virginia. For more information about Central Virginia Electric Cooperative, visit the company's website at www.mycvec.com.
- PlayerAuctions Recommends the Account Value Calculator to Evaluate Accounts in a Snap
- Led Street Lights: The Smart Way of Enlightening Cities
- Global Rechargeable Battery Market: Size, Trends and Forecasts (2018-2022)
- ACLS Certification Institute to Provide Certification Training for Fast Pace Urgent Care Clinics
- Lodha Group announces 1 BHK apartments in Mumbai with modern amenities
- Sasquatch, Werewolves and Kittens That Explode, Breathe Life Into Tired Classic Games
- Sana Murab, Co-Founder of IAmTheWorld shows Gratitude to Kristīne Lindenblate
- Upgraded iSmartRecruit Applicant Tracking System V-20.1
- Get PSD to Joomla Service from CSSChopper for Exploded Business Gain
- Saudi Arabia Solar Panel Market (2018-2024)-6Wresearch
- TAB Street - Trying a Indiegogo Campaign again
- MyVilla.com: The Ultimate Marketing Platform for Dubai's Luxury Homes
- Honor 7X New Commercial From NDigitec
- SQC heralds the new CMMI V2.0 Quality model in India
- Global Cardiomyopathy Market Research and Forecast 2018-2023
- Rhode Island Senate & House opened with Hindu mantras & holy water drops on June 20
- Inspired 2 Win Enterprise LLC by La'Toya Hart Moves to New Office Location
- ReviewWind - Find reviews on products you need at one site
- Headshots $49.99 Professional Photographer Upper East Side NYC The Classic Studio
- Cleaning Roseland: A One Day Community Event