Popular on eTradeWire
- New Trend? - Hopkins Joins Loyola and Arizona in Arresting Protestors 5428
- Expired Ford Warranty Alternatives Helping Drivers Find Automotive Peace of Mind 162
- Local quality of life services agency director, Dr. Anthony M. McCrovitz, invited as keynote speaker for Rehabilitation Forum in Saudi Arabia 141
- Less than 2 weeks until SMi's 19th Annual Pain Therapeutics Conference in London 107
- Sprrkle Media acquired Hollywood Silver Screen Network to expand to community building
- Census - Asking About Citizenship May Be Legal, Even Required
- Ivy Ray @iam_ivyray featured on the 2 HOT 4 AIRWAVES Compilation Vol 3 #YouTube and #Spotify
- Special Event Held at Munger's Premier Subaru Job Site
- Digisonics Collaborates with Dr. Charles Mullins on Pediatric Cardiology Reporting Solution
- Breckenridge Worship Releasing Debut Single
Similar on eTradeWire
- McCarthy Building Companies begins construction on new ER, Patient Tower at Banner Boswell
- Kitchen Magic Celebrates its 40th Anniversary
- Significant challenges to confront construction sector in 2019 and beyond
- Road Condition Monitoring to Prove Process Efficiency
- Creighton Construction & Development completes 7-Eleven project in Hollywood, Florida
- Philip McCusker joins South Coast Improvement Company
- Alten Construction breaks ground on San Rafael High School's MACK building project
- Florida's Largest Solar Company Advanced Green Technologies Acquires MSC Electric
- Construction Commences on Arroyo K-8 Campus
- FineCraft Contractors Building a Row House in Washington, DC
Located along the Interstate 64 corridor, the two projects totaling 10 megawatts (AC) will generate enough clean, affordable and reliable electricity to power roughly 1,200 homes annually. Together, they combine to make up the largest solar project in the state for an electric distribution cooperative. CVEC will purchase the projects' output under a 25-year power purchase agreement, while Coronal Energy will own and operate the facilities.
"Virginia is open for solar business," said Danny Van Clief, president for Coronal Energy. "With a Charlottesville headquarters and a decade of continuous operations in the state, Coronal is proud to partner with CVEC and McCarthy on a pair of projects that will pave the way for the accelerated adoption of solar energy."
The Palmer Solar Center in Troy, Va., and the Martin Solar Center in Kents Store, Va., are located in Fluvanna and Goochland counties, respectively, where CVEC serves over 9,000 members. CVEC plans to offer four of the 10 megawatts (AC) generated by the solar centers to its members as a part of Solar Share, its community solar program. CVEC is the first electric cooperative to receive approval of the community solar rate under the new statute.
McCarthy's Phoenix-based Renewable Energy team served as the Engineer-Procure-Construct (EPC) contractor, and was responsible for the construction, design, procurement, commissioning and handover of the solar project to Coronal Energy, who developed the project for CVEC.
"Utility-scale solar installation projects are locking in reliability, favorable rates and social responsiblity for energy-focused businesses, municipalities and utilities alike by leveraging the power of the sun, even in nontraditional solar markets like Virginia,"said Scott Canada, senior vice president of the Renewable Energy team at McCarthy. "We are grateful to team up with sustainable-minded solar players like Coronal Energy and Central Virginia Electric Cooperative because they clearly understand the value of this infrastructure, which will provide clean energy for decades to come."
More on eTradeWire News
- Week 8 Results In Some Upsets as All City Classic 302 Heads Into Play-offs
- Seasoned Senior Living Industry Nurse Appointed Regional Director of Resident Care for Benchmark
- Join Trilogy Health's Exclusive Event with Bachelor Winner "Sarah Brice" Season 7
- Creative Peptides to Reorganize Diabetes-related Peptides for the Science Community
- LayUps2StandUp and Russell Westbrook Present : Why Not?? Pop -Up (Tulsa)
Approximately 30 local workers were hired to complete the installation of more than 41,000 solar modules at the two sites. To train the local workforce in the emerging solar industry, McCarthy implemented principles of Training Within Industry (TWI), a program originally developed by the U.S. Department of War in the 1940s to help quickly and reliably re-train workers on moderately complex tasks. Through its TWI solar program, McCarthy applies its "Learn. Perform. Repeat" methodology and offers highly effective and efficient training to workers who have little or no experience in solar installations. By deploying TWI and lean construction principles on solar projects from coast to coast, McCarthy is overcoming the biggest challenge faced by the construction industry today and successfully training its solar workforce.
In recent years, McCarthy's Renewable Energy Team has completed or is in the process of constructing more than 30 utility-scale clean energy projects in communities from coast to coast, representing a combined capacity of more than 1.3 gigawatts (GW) of clean energy production. McCarthy earned a 6th place ranking for EPC utility-scale solar installations in the U.S. bySolar Power World's2017 Top 500 Solar Contractors.
About McCarthy Building Companies
McCarthy Building Companies, Inc. (http://www.mccarthy.com/) is the oldest privately held national construction company in the country – with more than 150 years spent collaborating with partners to solve complex building challenges on behalf of its clients. With an unrelenting focus on safety and a comprehensive quality program that span all phases of every project, McCarthy utilizes industry-leading design phase and construction techniques combined with value-add technology to maximize outcomes. Repeatedly honored as a Best Place to Work and Healthiest Employer, McCarthy is ranked the 20th largest domestic general contractor (Engineering News-Record, May 2018). With approximately 1,700 salaried employees and offices in St. Louis, Atlanta; Collinsville, Ill.; Portage, Ind.; Kansas City, Kan.; Phoenix; Las Vegas; Denver; Dallas, Houston; Albuquerque; and San Diego, Newport Beach, San Francisco, San Jose and Sacramento, Calif. McCarthy is 100 percent employee owned (http://www.mccarthy.com/about/employee-owners/). More information about the company is available online at www.mccarthy.com or by following the company on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/mccarthybuilding), Twitter (https://twitter.com/McCarthyBuild), LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/company/119184?trk=tyah), Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/mccarthybuild/) and Google+ (http://www.google.com/+MccarthyBuilding).
More on eTradeWire News
- RadixBay Launches Rural Shore Testing Center of Excellence to Meet Growing Demand for Services
- Ebola Outbreak Map trademark and website Ebola Outbreak Map .Com for sale
- 500th Goddard School Celebrated In Franchise's Home Market Of Philadelphia
- CORE® Foods To Showcase New CORE® Bars At Sweets And Snacks Expo
- Gardener's Art Fest at The Growing Place Garden Center
About Coronal Energy, powered by Panasonic
Coronal Energy, powered by Panasonic, is a leading independent power producer focused on utility-scale solar and storage projects. The firm provides turnkey solar energy solutions tailored for diverse enterprise customers across North America, including utilities, corporations, and the public sector. Uniting 3 gigawatts of completed project experience with the financial strength of a Fortune Global 500 company (#110), Coronal Energy, powered by Panasonic, owns and manages a 333 megawatt operating portfolio and a multi-gigawatt development pipeline in more than 20 US states. For more, please visit CoronalEnergy.com and follow us @CoronalEnergy on Twitter.
About Central Virginia Electric Cooperative
Headquartered in Lovingston, Central Virginia Electric Cooperative is a member-owned electric distribution utility serving over 36,000 meters in 14 counties across central Virginia. For more information about Central Virginia Electric Cooperative, visit the company's website at www.mycvec.com.
- Fusion Technology Solutions to Give Free Cybersecurity Lunch Seminar
- NAWBO to honor its members, community members at June 12 Gala
- New Solutions On Where To Buy CBD Oil & Hemp Products In The South Bend, Indiana, Michiana Area
- A Silicon Valley Foam Cutting Services Company Is Offering Fabrication of Oversized Foam Letters
- Passfeed takes a bite out of the big apple
- Enzo Unified Data Technology Platform Announces 2.0 Preview
- New U.S. Diabetes Care Located In Morristown Tennessee Servicing All TN Areas Like Knoxville
- Alterra, A New Home Community by Lennar, is Coming Soon to Maricopa!
- UrbanBound launches Freeway, a breakthrough relocation product that merges cost control with freedom
- Solar FlexRack is Exhibiting at Solar Power Southeast in Atlanta
- Crypto Enthusiasts Launch New Podcast "crypto Campfire"
- Codie Prevost Announces US Tour!
- Candlewyck Cove Resort won the 2019 RedBud Award for Outstanding Resort and Lodging Property
- Grants Management Systems, Inc. Announces Ken Pearson to Speak at GMS RLSS Summit
- Sudeep and Namrata Dewan Bring Home Helpers to North Eastern Atlanta Region
- Former Fire Department Lieutenant Launches Home Helpers Home Care Franchise in Northwest Baltimore
- Brooke Moriber's Latest Single "Steal the Thunder" Champions Courage in the Midst of Pain
- Jason's Deli honors community heroes on Memorial Day with dine-in special
- Pierson Venture LLC Expands Company Portfolio By Starting PiersonPR
- WORLD SERIES OF FIGHTING announces the official grappling teams for "WSOF-Submission 1" on June 15th, 2019 at Sam's Town Live