Popular on eTradeWire
- Las Vegas Walk of Stars to Honor Frank Shankwitz 448
- Realistic Salary Expectations for Teaching English Overseas 188
- Brothers Awarded Civil Air Patrol Congressional Gold Medal 166
- National Recording Artist Bre Naí has a Live Performance in Louisiana: Media Alert 6/7/2019 9:30PM 155
- Defining Digital: Extremist Content Chided, Super Mario Maker 2 Teased, Netflix's "Lelia" + more 123
- Island Intellectual Property Sues StoneCastle for $172 million 115
- New Major Bed Bug Class Action Lawsuit Against Marriott Hotels
- Warm Springs Health & Wellness Center Implements Digisonics Solution for OB Ultrasound
- Arsonist Firebombs Daystar Television Network's Jerusalem Studio
- The Security Event – it did what it said on the tin
Similar on eTradeWire
- IBT of Miami wins $21 million contract to build school in Panama
- ULI OC / IE District Council Announces New Leadership
- Malta Dynamics Launches New Edgehog Leading Edge Self-Retracting Lifelines
- "Inspire Your Community" Podcast Donates $1000 to Local Organizations
- McCarthy Southwest Names Lloyd Flowers Project Director
- FineCraft Contractors Was Featured on Houzz.com
- Ground-up construction services in Kansas City
- Alpharetta Retail Renovation Helps Homeless Families
- A Second-Generation Construction Cost Estimation Firm celebrates its 40th Anniversary with an Updated Website
- Signature Electric LLC Named to ABC's Top-performing U.S. Commercial Contractors
The new $106 million emergency room (ER), main lobby and patient tower at Banner Boswell Medical Center, located at 10401 W. Thunderbird Blvd. in Sun City, Ariz., includes a 40,000-square-foot emergency room and a new six-story tower that will serve as the hospital's new main entrance and provide room for future growth.
The new ER, which is projected to complete construction in summer 2020, will provide much needed additional capacity. Banner Boswell's existing ER often runs at or near capacity. The new ER will increase the number of beds by a third — from 42 to 56 — allowing the department to care for up to 60,000 ER patients annually. The current ER was built to handle up to 45,000 patients annually.
"Banner Boswell Medical Center opened nearly 50 years ago to serve the small, but growing community of Sun City," said Banner Boswell Chief Operating Officer Brian Standage. "Since then, our hospital has evolved into a leading provider of medical care in the Northwest Valley, including a nationally-recognized heart program. Our new ER and patient tower positions us to serve the community for the next 50 years and beyond," he said, "as we strive to make healthcare easier and life better for our patients."
The new tower will represent an additional $46 million investment into the community by nonprofit Banner Health. Combined with the new emergency room, which the community is helping support through donations to the Sun Health Foundation, Banner Boswell is set to receive an investment totaling more than $106 million.
More on eTradeWire News
- It's a New Day for Judicial Oversight in America
- Mindful Eating and Fresh Food Cooking Day Retreat With Shekhinah Holistic & Maritza Worthington
- Key West's own Chris Thomas Music wins WeddingWire Couples Choice Award 2019 for the Florida Keys
- New Employee-Centric Home Care Agency Opens in Montgomery County
- Corporate Attorney Angela Kwok Joins Royse Law Firm
"What an exciting time this is for the community as a new milestone in health care is occurring, thanks in part to community support for the ER through Sun Health Foundation's Generosity for Generations Campaign," said Joe La Rue, Sun Health President/CEO. "We are proud of the philanthropic partnership we have with Banner Boswell – philanthropic partners to continue a legacy of health care."
The tower's first floor, to open in late 2020, will contain the main lobby, gift shop, retail pharmacy, admitting desk and chapel. The five floors above the main lobby will remain "shelled" space, reserved for future inpatient rooms. "Shell space" is space constructed to meet future needs; it is space enclosed by an exterior building shell, but otherwise unfinished inside.
The project is being managed using Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) with the owner, design team, general contractor and trade partners all co-located on the project site and committed to the success of the project through robust collaboration and innovation.
"Co-locating the entire project team by bringing all stakeholders together in one facility has proven to be an immeasurable asset that promotes collaborative teamwork, a solutions-oriented culture, and a high level of accountability from all project stakeholders," said Chris Jacobson, vice president of McCarthy Building Companies. "Hospital construction projects inherently possess a lot of moving parts, and traditional project delivery methods often result in a fair amount of redesign. By employing IPD and co-location strategies, the team is able to move forward unimpeded."
Some of the innovative cost savings measures on the Banner Boswell project include prefabrication of the following components:
· -Exterior skin, including glass, metal panel, EIFS (Exterior Insulated Finish System) and masonry block
More on eTradeWire News
- NATP Voices Support for Taxpayer Protection and Preparer Proficiency Act of 2019
- Independent Rom-Com Series "Public Displays Of Insanity" Hits Amazon With Fresh Take On The Biz
- Hip-Hop Artist & Entrepreneur Suga-T Speaks Out On Sephora
- San Diego/Carlsbad Real Estate Agent Promotes Homes To MORE Buyers For MORE Money
- Rizo Bros California Creamery Celebrates 1Year Anniversary of Successful Launch of Brand
· -Interior partition walls
· -ER exam room headwalls including all MEP (Mechanical / Electrical / Plumbing) components
The prefabrication will be completed offsite in a shop for the interior scope and onsite in a controlled environment for the exterior skin.
As part of the IPD process, all the major building trade partners were contracted early in design to aid in target value design, constructability and Building Information Modeling (BIM) coordination prior to permit. This has proven to save on costs and ensures that the construction team is able to proceed with system fabrication soon after the building begins coming out of the ground.
The architect on the project is HMC Architects. Major trade partners include Buehler & Buehler, Southland, Foothills Fire Protection, Schuff Steel, Cannon & Wendt, University Mechanical, Norris Design and The Berg Group.
About McCarthy Building Companies
McCarthy Building Companies, Inc. is the oldest privately held national construction company in the country – with more than 150 years spent collaborating with partners to solve complex building challenges on behalf of its clients. With an unrelenting focus on safety and a comprehensive quality program that span all phases of every project, McCarthy utilizes industry-leading design phase and construction techniques combined with value-add technology to maximize outcomes. Repeatedly honored as a Best Place to Work and Healthiest Employer, McCarthy is ranked the 15th largest domestic general contractor (Engineering News-Record, May 2018). With approximately 1,800 salaried employees and offices in St. Louis, Atlanta; Collinsville, Ill.; Portage, Ind.; Kansas City, Kan.; Omaha, Neb.; Phoenix; Las Vegas; Denver; Dallas, Houston; Albuquerque; and San Diego, Newport Beach, San Francisco, San Jose and Sacramento, Calif. McCarthy is 100 percent employee-owned. More information about the company is available online at www.mccarthy.com or by following the company on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Google+.
Renderings of the new building and b-roll footage of the demolition are available at: http://bannerhealth.mediaroom.com/
- The American Advertising Federation-Southwest Florida to reactivate in 2019
- PODS® Las Vegas and iHeart Media Las Vegas to help those in need beat the heat!
- Marlene Burns Contemporary Judaic Art show and Sale
- Lennar Grand Opens A Next Gen® – The Home Within A Home® Community in Pahrump on Saturday, June 29
- Amy Shrader Represents Seller of CardNal Cove Campground in Rutledge TN
- McDonnell & Associates Celebrates 16 Years as Industry Leader
- Tour Lennar's Tahoe Plan During the Utah Valley Parade of Homes
- Thousands of kids to get free backpacks, school supplies, haircuts
- Channel Islands Harbor Presents Concerts by the Sea
- Spiked Seltzer Sunday added to line up for 2019 Summerfest June 20-23
- Garcia & Artigliere Files Elder Abuse Case Against Fullerton Healthcare & Wellness Centre
- Global summit call for more responsible use of information technology
- Monitoring Temperature & Humidity in Operation Theatre
- Sonoma Valley Trail Rides to Offer Horseback Rides at Alta Vista Vineyards
- What Happens When Uber and Lyft Reject Your Application?
- Gravic, Inc.® Wins HPE's Momentum Technology Partner of the Year 2019 Award!
- ULI OC / IE District Council Announces New Leadership
- Laguna View Detox Is Now Fully Accredited by the Joint Commission
- Omnichain Expands its Business Development and Product Engineering Teams
- E.G. Woode Launches Crowdfunding Campaign on Bluefundrewards Platform