Popular on eTradeWire
- So Mr.Curtis' Name Is Called at Mail Time! - 113
- Syxsense Workflows Automate Sesponse to Critical IT Infrastructure Disruptions
- Health Care Veteran Named Altercare President
- Alta Vista Technology Earns Inc. 5000 Honors for 4th Straight Year
- This AMAZING #homeforsale in @EastBethel has a #motherinlaw suite! PENDING!
- Who Will Win The 2021 US Open Tennis Tournament?
- For the 4th Time, Contracting Resources Group Appears on the Inc. 5000, Ranking No. 3,886 With Three-Year Revenue Growth of 81% Percent
- Woodall Creative Group Honored with Two Communicator Awards for Smart Bubblegum Rebrand
- Stēzo - The Last Dance (Album)
- Author Dorenda W. Madkins to Release Her Final Children's Book in Memory of Trayvon Martin
Similar on eTradeWire
- Moss Construction Promotes Mendeljian to VP of Preconstruction
- Moss Celebrates Completion of Landmark South in Doral
- MG Facility Services Awarded $30 Million, Multi-Year Contract With The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Omni Ecosystems and Hatch Chicago Activate Vacant Lot in Partnership with Architecture Biennial
- Is Demand For Pools Increasing or Decreasing in Las Vegas?
- 5 Dental Office Design Best Practices You Need To Know
- The Build Show Network Welcomes Eric Aune
- Demand for Tarps and other Disaster Recovery Materials Reported at Unprecedented Levels
- Strong Housing Market Eliminates Incentives in Las Vegas
- California Pools Opens Sacramento Location, Expanding Its Market Domination
The new UL designs for wall-roof joints between fire-rated assemblies are HW-D-0926, HW-D-0927 and HW-D-0928. For intersections between a fire-rated wall and a non-fire-rated roof, the new UL designs are CJ-D-0029, CJ-D-0030 and CJ-D-0031.
"MBMA's existing HW-D/CJ-D head-of-wall assemblies, which became available in 2008, have worked well," notes Vincent E. Sagan, PE, senior staff engineer for MBMA, "but due to changes in the energy codes, a greater amount of roof insulation is often required to be compliant. UL performed engineering studies to demonstrate compliance with building codes, resulting in the six new fire-rated assemblies."
More on eTradeWire News
- SLIPPED NOTES by Jack Swift is published by Red Rattle Books
- September 16, 2021 - New Aviation Art By Anthony Saunders
- Design Your Super Longevity Blueprint at RAADfest 2021
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Southeastern New England Area Residents!
- Team Acme Upgrades Facilities For Customer Satisfaction
The new HW-D/CJ-D head-of-wall assemblies allow for significantly greater levels of insulation. The existing designs called for a single layer of faced glass-fiber blanket insulation, compressed between the metal roof panels and the top of the interior wall. The new UL designs still call for a layer of insulation between the metal roof panels and the top of the wall, but allow for additional insulation, glass fiber or mineral wool, as well as a vapor barrier, as found in filled cavity insulation systems and liner insulation systems.
"With the new UL designs," adds Tony Bouquot, MBMA's general manager, "fire-barrier walls can be designed and constructed in metal buildings that meet current energy and fire safety code requirements. Thanks to MBMA's Fire & Insurance Committee, which has been working diligently to stay on top of these changes, we can help to ensure metal building systems continue to be the preferred construction choice in the low-rise commercial building market."
More on eTradeWire News
- Burning Soul Press Announces Launch of New White-Label Agency: The Ember Project
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking: Program Is A Big Hit With Orange Beach/Gulf Shores Area Residents!
- Boston Scientific to host health series in STEM City USA
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Central Virginia Area Residents!
- 2021 Mensa Select® Winners Announced
More than 20 fire-resistance-rated assemblies for metal buildings are available on the Fire Protection page of the MBMA website, www.mbma.com/Fire_Protection.html. Additionally, MBMA's "Fire Resistance Design Guide for Metal Building Systems" is available at www.mbmamanual.com.
For additional questions or inquiries about metal building fire protection, please contact Vincent Sagan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Founded in 1956, MBMA serves manufacturers and suppliers as it works to promote the metal building systems industry. For 65 years, its membership has supplied high-quality buildings for commercial, retail, office, industrial, institutional and other end uses. The MBMA blog (http://blog.mbma.com/) provides the most current research and new ideas to propel the industry.
- Naples Illustrated Magazine Recognizes 39 Henderson Franklin Attorneys as "Top Lawyers"
- Enciircle's Optiix brand launches all-new TruChrom Explorer Illuminator
- Gwinnett Clean & Beautiful Encourages Public to Help Veterans During Great Days of Service
- Basset Bustle Extravaganza - October 2, 2021
- Easy Blog SEO Content Optimization for Non-Techie Writers
- Orthodontist in Easton Offering Affordable Braces & Invisalign Now Accepting New Patients
- LBI Region Packs Fall events into a 3 Day Weekend
- CHIME Innovation and Ideawake Partner to Foster Employee Innovation in Healthcare
- NATP announces 2021 Chapter Person of the Year
- Swoop Airline will offer flights to Canada from St. Pete airport | Swoop Airline
- The Effectiveness of Social Media Advertising in 2021
- What is Waukegan State Rep. Rita Mayfield doing in Calumet City?
- Building and Growing a Business Post-Pandemic
- 10 Awesome Advantages Of Social Media Advertising
- A sea of yellow assembles on the Seaside Heights boardwalk at the 8th Annual Celebration of HOPE Wal
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Returns To Wizard World Chicago, Saturday, October 16
- BYU's Max Hall Shares Rebuttal To Make A Wish Board Member After Degrading His Addiction History
- Eight Bit Studios Names Heather Brown as First CEO
- Avenue 21 Marketing | Empowering Women in Business
- Zaui and Norwegian Experience Announce Strategic Partnership