Popular on eTradeWire
- Hawaiian Airlines Reservations Cheap Tickets - 1725
- Indiana Roadside Markers on YouTube - 1659
- Viva Tequila Festival Mexico Experience Tour Honored at Taste Awards in the Outstanding Culinary & Travel Experience Category - 1322
- How do I get Access to My Jetblue Travel Savings Account - 1214
- Australians Desperate To Get Back To The Great Outdoors - 1122
- Travel Job Vacancies Double In March - 978
- State of Yucatán Continues to Position Itself as a Leading Destination for Meetings, Conventions, Inc - 953
- JetQuay Launches Private Swab Test Facility, Halves Custom Clearance Timing - 891
- Forces Car Hire adds Cruise Deals and Worldwide Holidays to its One Stop Travel Portfolio - 706
- "Exploring Our National Parks, Volume 1" by Michael Finney Released on Audible and Amazon - 512
Similar on eTradeWire
- The Rolls Royce Of Generator Pads
- Remote Construction Courses: Adapting To COVID-19
- PulteGroup Breaks Ground on First Triad-Area Community
- The Dewitt Tilton Group Announces Completion of Mint Car Wash in Savannah
- Nanometrics wins Government of Canada Contract to Provide the Infrastructure for Canada's Early Earthquake Warning System
- Mosaic Builds Strength within Construction and Technology with the Addition of Balck, Hubbs and Reis
- Why Basement Renovations Are Worth It
- Guzi-West Grows Their Team with New Hires
- Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Florida Properties Group Announces New Construction Development Brand "Nest & Nook"
- PhaseZero Recognized for Innovation in Customer Experience Management and Digital Commerce
"The MBMA Architecture Faculty Workshop was a value to me. I learned new information related to design opportunities with metal buildings," says Kristina Yu, Associate Professor, AIA, NCARB in the School of Architecture + Planning at The University of New Mexico. "Also, it was valuable because it provided opportunities to build enthusiasm for the future of metal buildings."
The workshop will introduce metal building systems to faculty and present ideas for integrating metal buildings into the curriculum. The focus of the workshop is the introduction of the new student design competition for the fall semester that will ultimately award $15,000 to students and faculty sponsors. The objective of the competition is for students and student teams to submit an elementary school design utilizing a metal building system. The workshop will provide the background that will assist faculty to serve as an advisor. In the theme of the elementary school design objective, featured speaker Taryn Kinney, AIA will discuss Changing Paradigms in Educational Space. Taryn is K-12 Education Leader and a Principal at DLR Group which is at the top of the annual ranking of the nation's largest K-12 school sector architecture and A/E firms according to Building Design+Construction.
More on eTradeWire News
- Steve Muehler – Equity Capital Markets – "Hybrid Equity Securities"
- Superbowl Champ Mother Beverly "Mama" Sherman's "Just Love No One's Perfect" Memoir Makes Top 3 Under Football Biographies at Mother's Day Drop + More
- Sir Philip Bailey of Famed Earth Wind and Fire Celebrates Solar Cycle May 8, 2021
- ODEM announces liquidity pool for ODE on Uniswap
- Ernie Banks' 500th Home Run was Highlight of Eventful 1970 Cub Season
Other presentations and speakers include the following:
- The Role of Metal Buildings in the Construction Marketplace, by W. Lee Shoemaker, Ph.D., Director of Research and Engineering at the Metal Building Manufacturers Association.
- Introduction to the 2021 Metal Building Student Design Competition, by Marci Uihlein, PE, Associate Professor and Associate Director of Undergraduate Studies at the University of Illinois' School of Architecture.
- Metal Building Designs – In and Out of the Classroom, by Donna Kacmar, FAIA, a Professor at Gerald D. Hines College of Architecture and Design at the University of Houston.
- Introducing Metal Building Concepts into Architecture Curriculum, by Greg Snyder, Associate Professor of Architecture and Undergraduate Program Director for the School of Architecture, University of North Carolina-Charlotte.
Attendees of the workshop will receive free publications and access to resources on metal buildings.
"We look forward to hosting a broad array of academic leaders," comments MBMA General Manager, Tony Bouquot. He says that typical attendees include undergraduate and graduate college and university professors, graduate programs advisers, deans of architecture schools and practicing architecture professionals who are also adjunct professors. Register here: http://ow.ly/7AXd30rDYdr.
More on eTradeWire News
- Lockdown live stream: 400 days of daily free concerts
- Georgia Author Mike Nemeth Releases New Suspenseful Mystery Novel – Parker's Choice
- Steve Muehler – Debt Capital Markets – "Collateralized Synthetic Debt Obligations" Advisory
- DryShield Water Solutions Offers Tips to Deal with Mold and Mildew
- Kalani High School Senior Receives Grant to Chase Dream of Flying
Founded in 1956, MBMA serves manufacturers and suppliers as it works to promote the metal building systems industry. For over 60 years, its membership has supplied high-quality buildings for use in commercial, retail, office, industrial, institutional and other end uses. The association provides a wealth of useful information on its website, MBMA.com, for anyone who works with or is interested in metal building systems. Resources include technical materials, research reports, videos and design guides. The MBMA blog (http://blog.mbma.com/) provides the most current research and new ideas to propel the industry.
- Breakout Country Artist Jordana Bryant Releases Debut EP 'Last First' Today, Friday, May 7
- Bob Dylan's handwritten lyrics to Blowin' in the Wind are in Iconic Auctions' May 15th online sale
- Festa Hosts Festa-Val to Celebrate Rebrand, Expansion
- COVID-19 Vaccine Confidence Initiative: #VaccinateByADA
- Corner Bowl Software Named Top 10 FrontRunner for IT Management Software
- Chapter 23-The Age of Healing for Black Women
- Being 'Chased' in Wild Eye/Summer's Hill's Release
- 2015 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan for Sale in Toronto
- BYD Expands Green Footprint into Garden State
- Mobile Car Valet in South West London and Surrey
- The Rolls Royce Of Generator Pads
- Ballet Writer And Teacher Gavin Larsen Releases New Memoir – Being a Ballerina
- Forum Named One of the Best Places to Work in Illinois
- Free Delivery Offer Extended by Supplier
- Dare Commercial Services Expands Range of Operations
- KS Lift Trucks announces 99% first time fix rate for Hydraulic hoses
- Ann Wall, CPCU, joins Iron Ridge Insurance Services
- Total Glycosaminoglycans Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
- Surf City Still Works Launches New Line Of Hard Seltzers
- Tutanota LLC Extends Tender Offer for up to 1,000,000 Shares of Common Stock of salesforce.com, inc