Popular on eTradeWire
- PSA - January 2nd - 20th Anniversary of National Motivation & Inspiration Day® - 493
- TVS Select Network Showcases Undercover Jetsetter Marathon in 2022 on WatchYour.TV Platform - 373
- Agile World Announces 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Status as Philanthropic Public Charity - 301
- Edge Computing Tech Company StrongNode.io and Multiverse Gaming Hub Original Gamer Life Ink Partnership with Investment Firm Ghost Capital - 214
- Sage Names Alta Vista Technology a "Sage Intacct Growth Partner of the Year" - 211
- Latino Leaders Network to Honor San Antonio Mayor Ron Nirenberg with the Antonio Villaraigosa Leadership Award at the 35th Tribute to Mayors - 185
- The rise of vacation rentals in Emerald Coast, Florida over traditional hotels - 170
- Ryan Lawn & Tree merges with CM's Outdoor Solutions Group of Omaha, NE - 167
- Tulsa Recycling Professional Robert Pickens Honored with Lifetime Achievement Award - 163
- Eco-Friendly Legacy Builder Wendy Turner Miller Upends the Waste and Recycling Business with Superior Innovative Solutions, LLC - 134
Similar on eTradeWire
- Leading NOW Announces Professional Development Partnership With Winsight to Diversify Restaurant Industry Leadership
- Pely's World, a world of Greek Organic & Natural Products
- Rook Coffee is Making 2022 Sweet with Toffee Style Cold Brew
- Michigan on Main offers fantastic February special
- Valentine's Day weekend dining special at Shoeless Joe's
- Amora Coffee Keeps Prices Constant Amid Coffee Industry Price Surge
- Best Ladies Night in NYC - Thursdays at Doha Bar & Lounge in Astoria, NY
- The Foxworth Theory Network presents Live Stream Interview with Chef Carlos Brown (Jan. 25th & 27th)
- Spades New Biotech is a Game-Changer in Climate Change
- What is McDelivery? Is McDonald's Changing its Brand?
"Our mission has been and continues to focus on Quality, Service and Innovation," said Scott Grabau, President & CEO of Tanimura & Antle. "Innovation by its definition never stops. As we execute our strategic plans, we need to continually add focus and innovative resources to ensure we can execute above and beyond. A heightened focus on quality and food safety will help us to further execute our mission."
Prior to joining Tanimura & Antle, Burke served as the Food Safety & Quality Assurance Lead for Sysco Corporation for 10 years where he helped develop and execute their food safety and quality program for fresh produce in North America. Prior to Sysco, Burke was a Food Safety Auditor for NSF Agriculture where he audited a variety of fresh produce operations.
More on eTradeWire News
- Kitchener Boxers Fight Through Covid
- Snell & Wilmer Las Vegas Partner Mandy S. Shavinsky Honored with Vegas Inc's C-Suite Honors for 2022
- The City Tutors Partners with Bloomberg LP to Deliver Free Professional Mentorship
- Jason Baker Joins RE/MAX Platinum Realty
- ENERGY STAR Certified Servers with Intel Xeon Processors
"I'm very excited for this new opportunity; Tanimura & Antle's reputation speaks for itself, and this role will enhance my ability to do what I am passionate about - bringing safe, high quality produce to families near and far," said Burke. Burke will leverage his customer, buy-side experience in his new role to bring a new level of quality assurance and expertise to Tanimura & Antle.
"Quality and food safety are foundational values at Tanimura & Antle that have remained a top priority since we were founded in 1982," said Mudahar, Ph.D. "We strategically take extra steps to ensure quality - Everything from being involved in our own seed production, strategic high quality growing regions and hiring all of our employees directly to ensure the right training. We are thrilled to have Matt join our team as the next step in ensuring our customer needs are being met and that we continue our longstanding legacy of premium quality produce."
In addition to his tenure of work experience in the fresh produce industry, Burke demonstrates his commitment to his profession by being involved in industry committees and trainings such as the Center for Produce Safety, various industry and regulatory working groups, food safety audit scheme development, NSF's Train the Trainer HACCP certification and others.
"Growing and shipping the industry's best quality fresh produce is not by chance and is of utmost importance to everyone at Tanimura & Antle," said Grabau. "Everything we do from seed to shipping is to ensure top quality. We are on the pursuit of continual improvement and our food safety and quality programs are certainly no exception. We're grateful to add Matt and his skill set to our team of talented industry experts and cannot wait to see what the future holds."
More on eTradeWire News
- Fiery Seahorse Productions To Present 2022 Reading of Ye-Xian: The Chinese Cinderella
- Award-winning Canadian author Roslyn Franken speaks at UN World Interfaith Harmony Week Event
- Anthony Cetrangelo Elected Stockholder at Henderson Franklin
- Real Boss Women Marks Launch of "Little Black Dress" of Female Leadership Groups
- Jerry Olivo Elected Stockholder at Henderson Franklin
About Tanimura & Antle: Founded in 1982, Tanimura & Antle is an employee-owned family farming business with a four-generation legacy and a passionate commitment to growing premium quality produce. Built on a partnership between two families, with a shared commitment to always value employees as its greatest asset, the founding families now share ownership with all employees — from farming and harvest crews to management — through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). As one of the largest independent vegetable growers in the United States, Tanimura & Antle farms more than 40,000 acres of rich, fertile farmland and ships a full line of premium fresh conventional and organic produce products throughout North America, Europe and Asia.
Ashley Pipkin (Director of Marketing)
Tanimura & Antle
- Older Youth in Care Thrive with Support from Local Families
- A Fabulous Shopping Experience
- Sunknowledge- A Present Day Solution for Covid Billing and its Challenges
- J-Rob Releases His Music Video, "God's Got Me ft. LeeLee"
- Kaplan Morrell Attorneys at Law Announces New Partner
- Legacy Completes Construction of New Tennis Facility in Cape Cod
- Cinema St. Louis to Receive 100K Grant from NEA as part of American Rescue Plan
- Home Helpers of Greater Milwaukee Requires All Staff to Get Vaccinated
- Otteson Shapiro Welcomes Attorney Madison Berberet
- Three Friends Bring Three Types of Healthcare Experience to New Home Helpers Home Care Franchise
- Think Systems Announces Promotions and a New Hire Amid Robust Growth
- Daniel Renner Joins Affinity Law Group, LLC
- KB & the Backbeat "Don't Call Me Ruby" EP Release
- Front Edge Publishing Releases "Thirty Days With America's High School Coaches"
- James Stephens Elementary offering personal tours on Feb. 9
- Spending On Prescription Drugs Grew Reports Medicare Insurance Association
- Announcing PLM Road Map & PDT North America 2022
- Philadelphia Area Orthodontist Accepting New Patients
- Is There Really An Emperor Of The Omniverse Like The Character In Star Wars?
- Culinary And Cannabis Presents The CannaSpa Celebrity Gifting Lounge In Honor of Super Bowl LVI